Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096137 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3225 on: February 14, 2012, 05:47:50 am »

I know this sort of thing happens all the time, but there's something wonderfully hilarious about hearing "Authentic prepared basking shark intestines right here!" "Your very own prepared spotted wobbegong brains! Limited supply!".

Walk into a human food shop and check the stock - you'll see stacks of coyote meat. Go to the market? Every stall has nothing but basking shark intestines, and every vendor is a dwarf.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: February 14, 2012, 06:26:33 am »

Also, it seems that I started next to some ruined buildings that are absolutely filled with bags of wild strawberries that aren't owned. Guess I won't go hungry.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: February 14, 2012, 06:31:42 am »

New version is out.

Umm, I'm currently lost in adventure now.

Just Too much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: February 14, 2012, 06:32:24 am »

My adventures continued for a few days in-game. It's back to the good old days as far as ambush frequency. As in, every other step out in the wildneress, something ambushes you. I had recruited a pair of peasants, who turned out to be married, one of them the son of the lady of the castle I was in. Within two days they were both dead to bandits, and I had dropped my backpack in one fight to give myself the advantage. I've been looking for that site again ever since because it had all my food and money (a lot of money!)

Chronologically;
first there was a cheetah who thought it could take us on
then a kobold bandit ambush that killed three of my companions, including the wife
Then a couple animal ambushes. I got to punch ALL of a lions teeth out at once. It was glorious. I hereby declare it to be a "tooth-splosion," because that's about the best description of what it looked like.
But unfortunately we were ambushed again by bandits. The human group we were trying to kill. That's when I lsot my bag, and the husband died.
I and my last remaining companion were ambushed more than half a dozen times, while trying to find the site of that fight and my bag, and then while trying to sleep.
First it was lions. Whatever, more tooth-splosions!
Then it was a horde of DINGOS. Trying to eat my baby! (dorf spearman companion) We fought them off. Never been more confused or surrounded by so many enemies.
Now, it's hyenas. A massive horde of them just like with the dingos. The dorf got eaten. Didn't have a chance to save him. Now I'm alone in the wilderness in the middle of the night.
Fuck.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

eyemdastrongest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: February 14, 2012, 06:53:07 am »

I got killed by an animated wolf skin in my backpack.

I just wanted to get cursed in a tomb and see what would happen. but nope. The wolf skin shattered my skull  :'(

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: February 14, 2012, 06:55:00 am »

What's the best way to find a tomb? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

eyemdastrongest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: February 14, 2012, 06:59:49 am »

What's the best way to find a tomb?

Try asking people in hamlets our towns about the surroundings.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: February 14, 2012, 07:15:40 am »

I got killed by an animated wolf skin in my backpack.

I just wanted to get cursed in a tomb and see what would happen. but nope. The wolf skin shattered my skull  :'(

Oh man. This is way too great.

I've been wandering through a sewer system/dungeon (named The Field of Portents and Slunkscarred, respectively) in search of a tribe of amphibian people who everyone in the major capital, Beautyhedges, is up in arms about. Nothing but kobolds so far, but...

Previously in the crawl through the dungeon, a crossbowman I hired earlier was walking along a pit behind me when a kobold bowman shot up at him from the darkness, with only its bright yellow eyes visible. The crossbowman managed to duck beneath the arrow, but ended up falling in to the pit and down several levels, where he slowly suffocated after breaking his spine. Do not underestimate kobolds.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: February 14, 2012, 07:20:15 am »

Yeah, the don't underestimate kobolds lesson is one must take seriously.  A gang of them ambushed me in the wilds, I thought "this ought to be easy".  I went to the closest kobold, and it promptly skewered my guy's shield arm, forcing me to retreat.  I beat the guy to death with more ferocity than usual, but he deserved it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: February 14, 2012, 07:24:37 am »

I took three steps out of the city to escape all the kitties trying to headbump me into diabeetus. Then I got attacked by the Ignited Grains, currently me and the maceman are just duelling it out, niether of us has a hit in yet.
*Hugs*

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: February 14, 2012, 07:42:39 am »

I've entered the town keep, looking for a vampire. Suddenly a heavily injured serpent man bandit runs out, screaming "Prepare to die!", followed by a swordsdwarf, a high fortune, and a high incident. What the hell is going on, exactly?
EDIT: I've talked to a high incident, who appears to be a human. Turns out I've already managed to kill someone (somehow) named Nikom Soundcouple. I haven't even met him/her before!
EDIT#2: I'm in the keep hall, which is entirely soaked in serpent man and human blood. Nikom Soundcouple is lying on the floor with his superior quality crossbow, his (her) left upper hand is lying nearby. A pile of rings, crowns, and bracelets made of human, elven and dwarven bones and hair (???) is lying in the corner of the room, along with a superior quality copper knife. I'm going to loot it all and sell it. Still, I don't understand what has happened. Werewolves?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:05:07 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

TailorTF

• Bay Watcher
  • You know pots?Yeah,let's use pots now.Forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: February 14, 2012, 08:02:39 am »

EDIT: Talked to a high incident, who appears to be a human. Turns out I've already managed to kill someone (somehow) named Nikom Soundcouple. I haven't even met him/her before!
Maybe you killed someone he/she knew and he/she was so distressed he/she committed suicide.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: February 14, 2012, 08:09:15 am »

EDIT: Talked to a high incident, who appears to be a human. Turns out I've already managed to kill someone (somehow) named Nikom Soundcouple. I haven't even met him/her before!
Maybe you killed someone he/she knew and he/she was so distressed he/she committed suicide.
I haven't killed anyone at all. Nikom was already dead (found the corpse in the keep hall) when I've arrived.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: February 14, 2012, 08:11:30 am »

I had this one quest, where I had to apparently kill a former character, who had already died after being killed by the mob of merchants, farmers and planters.  Looking at the map, I immediately saw "Report Death of Joe Mitchell" ( yes that was the nickname ).  I did.  Amazingly, the guy I talked to didn't believe me, saying something like "rumors from far off lands will not help us".  A bit worried, I reported the death again.  This time, I got the "May he rot in hell!" speech. 

Weird. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: February 14, 2012, 08:20:07 am »

I've met a girl working as a first rumour.
What the heck is going on in this town?

EDIT: The serpent man bandit has been killed, everyone thinks I did it. It appears that every notable kill is recorded as being done by me.
At least the citizens laud me, instead of attacking on sight.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:26:54 am by Guardian G.I. »
and that is terrible
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 1104