Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096196 times)

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3210 on: February 03, 2012, 07:48:01 am »

I'm going to try a cool thing. I'm going to move military goods and adamantine wafers out of my abandoned fortress and buy out weapons and shields from surrounding towns, and stick them in some bins in a lair. Then I'm going to settle a fortress by the lair (possibly doing some big moves to go to a cool embark location) and have a bunch of armor and junk ready early for the fortress. I think it's cool. Quit making fun of me.

e: Moving a big inventory of stuff through a fortress full of stuff, I move like one tile per minute. Think I'm going to be done playing DF for a little while.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 05:58:24 pm by the woods »

Darinford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: February 03, 2012, 09:52:44 pm »

New swordsman made it past 100 significant kills.  I had a massive battle with elves and goblins, somewhere between 30-40 of them at once;  limbs were flying everywhere.  After that I got a quest to slay a Dragon, I recruited two companions and entered it's lair.   The beast breathed fire at me but I still waited for it to come to me.  I then stabbed it in the leg with an iron longsword, after which it just started slowly running away while I butchered it.  Not so much as a scratch.

After slaying the dragon I went off to kill a roc that instantly tore my legs off  :'(

Pokey McFork

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_TOOL:FORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: February 11, 2012, 02:04:24 pm »

Currently playing as a plump helmet man wrestler, it's great fun to set myself on fire and then grapple people.
Fire bugs are the best bugs.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: February 11, 2012, 09:00:52 pm »

I was just finished looting a bandit's camp when I noticed on the map that a lair was relatively close. Deciding, "what the hey", I went to murder whatever lived there. My Legendary swordsdwarf kicked down the door and charged into the lair, to be confronted by an elephant-sized humanoid: a giant. The beast let out a mighty roar containing his name and the list of all he had killed. The gargantuan thing charged, leaving the unlucky dwarf adventurer no choice but to run. Realizing that he had no chance against such a foe, Aban Greatgates did the only thing he could: He tried to strangle the mammoth, whose neck was the width of a tree. And somehow, he did! The creature plummeted to the ground, Aban jumping off before it hit the ground. Hefting his black steel short sword, which on some odd dwarven impulse he had decorated with a bone of each one of his kills, and proceeded to rip it's skin open and shatter all the bones in it's fingers and toes, as well as slicing it's ears, nose, and genetalia off, and gouging out it's eyes. After trying unsuccessfully to chop it's fingers and toes off, he smote the beast's hands and feet from it's limbs and then cutting it's throat just before it bled out. He arranged the various body parts in their respective positions, looted the beast's lair, and wandered off. Obviously this was in Genesis mod.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:26:37 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: February 11, 2012, 10:41:28 pm »

A new Elf Adventurer has started in the world of Pisteponegun - Ririli Mipasenama, flanked by five Zalifen bodyguards. They're friendly for some reason... None of these Zalifen are named, but one; Ezkatu Woretatu (Ezkatu Joysteeds) a Spearman.

Why they don't have names I don't know; I guess it's an age thing. Some zalifen are named, only it seems when they met in combat with anything...
Otherwise it's just 'A zalifen maceman' - speaking to them says 'Hello Ririli. My name is ''.'

KimeK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: February 12, 2012, 12:21:18 pm »

I wish there's going to be a way to heal our adventurers this release. I'm on my fifth one that got one finger stabbed and now the hand is useless for all eternity.

Had a nice moment with one thought, running through the forest at night, bunch of night creatures chasing me (playing genesis mod), and when I was about to be probably clawed to death, a pack of wolves came from nowhere and started attacking the bogeymen. Gave me just the time I needed to reach town.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: February 12, 2012, 03:24:30 pm »

Epic-sized fight with a Titan with my guy only sustaining heavy bruising.

A few times I stabbed my 2h sword into this Ice-based beast I was able to literally pummel him with my shield, thus enraging him further.  After which I finally managed to break all of his legs and send him tumbling down, thus resuming my swings at his mid-section, finally severing it with a stab, killing him! :)

obradenj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: February 13, 2012, 08:29:00 am »

i found out that sea monsters testicles in genisis mod are capable of grappling i just got tea bagged to death after killing a demon with a rock salt spear by taping it on the forehead . i yelled out OH GOD NOT THE FACE when i saw it
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 08:31:59 am by obradenj »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3218 on: February 13, 2012, 08:50:16 am »

I am digging.

Sallen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:05 am »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3220 on: February 13, 2012, 12:21:23 pm »

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: February 13, 2012, 03:03:55 pm »

Impaling bogeymen.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: February 14, 2012, 03:45:13 am »

I was traveling with 2 companions who were pretty good at axing and spearing the enemies until we were ambushed by a group of around 10 goblins while we were sleeping!  Woke up surrounded on all sides, the spearman quickly bit the dust while I lost sight of the axeman in the melee with the goblins.  Thankfully the darkness made each battle a 1v1 or 1v2 encounter so I was able to keep them infront of me and not get surrounded.  I managed to take 7 of them down, and found the other axeman who seemed to have gotten lost.  We both got separated again and he either got killed by the last goblin or the damned alligator that happened to wander into the melee area. 

So I'm currently stuck out in the middle of nowhere looking for a shop when I was beset upon by bogeymen!  I ran awhile figuring I could outrun them, but after a time I decided to fight them!  I managed to kill 8 of them before the cackling stopped, yay! :)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: February 14, 2012, 05:00:18 am »

Brand new version; brand new adventures. First thing I did was walk into a house and randomly accuse the dwarf I found in there of being a night creature. She didn't like that and told me to STFU. So, I ask her about any services I could perform, and my very first quest happens to be slaying the lady of the town!

So I went to the keep, which Toady has completely refurbished, and recruited the two dwarven guards I found before making my way to the top, where I found the lady standing in the middle of a hoard of loot, wearing innumerable human- and dwarf-based jewelry. So obviously a vampire. I accused her, and she turned on us. The fight wasn't that spectacular, with the macedwarf stealing the kill. However, the loot is absolutely glorious! Not only will I be rich, but I'm standing ona  pile of high quality bronze and iron armor! Best loot I've ever gotten, from a quest infinitely easier than "Travel for 3 days through the bogeyman infested wilderness to kill a random wolf or something. Just get out of my house!"

I suppose one should expect a massive hoard of loot considering the monster had wel over 400 kills.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:03:28 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: February 14, 2012, 05:03:49 am »

First thing I did was walk into a house and randomly accuse the dwarf I found in there of being a night creature.

Why accuse?  Attack then accuse!
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 1104