Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096430 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3165 on: January 06, 2012, 07:45:32 pm »

I was walking across the ocean when parts started thawing. To save fps I turned temperature off. Everything went swimmingly, until the ocean completely melted and the resulting tidal waves submerged me, dragging my fps to zero along with me. I had to give in to starvation.

Later modded the spine to be targeted by breaking. With a new adventurer I made paraplegics and paper-weights of the locals by testing spine breaking. Then I took another Bay12ver's idea and removed [INTERNAL] from all spine entries so I'd break them off. I snapped off a guy's upper spine and he was fine aside from bleeding ???. Confused I ripped out his middle spine, this time he fell over and gasped for breath like he should of. I did this to 4 more people. Every time I came to the same conclusion: DF people don't need their upper spines.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: January 06, 2012, 08:18:44 pm »

I just went after a bandit to find his camp filled with friendly dusk elves. I talked to them and most were very excited to see me and eager to join me spouting righteous things like "outlaws must be punished!" and when I asked about services they suggested I kill their boss who was a female Dusk Elf and just as righteous. I looked her up in legends and apparently she formed this group then went on to do absolutely nothing wrong. I thought for a moment about whether it was right or wrong to kill someone solely because a random person asked me to but by the time I made up my mind I'd already torn out her spine and murdered her friends.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: January 06, 2012, 08:41:17 pm »

I just went after a bandit to find his camp filled with friendly dusk elves. I talked to them and most were very excited to see me and eager to join me spouting righteous things like "outlaws must be punished!" and when I asked about services they suggested I kill their boss who was a female Dusk Elf and just as righteous. I looked her up in legends and apparently she formed this group then went on to do absolutely nothing wrong. I thought for a moment about whether it was right or wrong to kill someone solely because a random person asked me to but by the time I made up my mind I'd already torn out her spine and murdered her friends.
So... You ripped apart some Elves?
You HESITATED?!

Whatever. YOUR WORK IS RIGHTEOUS!
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:03 pm »

You HESITATED?!

These weren't vanilla DF elves, I don't think.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: January 06, 2012, 09:03:14 pm »

You HESITATED?!

Genesis elves have teeth, they use arrows built to cut off body parts and they make them out of enchanted metal. It's easier to respect them.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: January 06, 2012, 10:18:29 pm »

You HESITATED?!

These weren't vanilla DF elves, I don't think.

You HESITATED?!

Genesis elves have teeth, they use arrows built to cut off body parts and they make them out of enchanted metal. It's easier to respect them.

Do either of You think I care what Breed of Vermin they are? Do You not crush a Cockroach as readily as a Rat?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: January 07, 2012, 01:01:12 am »

But Chilton, rats are cute! With their beady little eyes and whip-like tails~

On topic, my last adventurer was beheaded by a peasant with a carving knife. So good.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: January 07, 2012, 01:15:26 am »

But Chilton, rats are cute! With their beady little eyes and whip-like tails~

On topic, my last adventurer was beheaded by a peasant with a carving knife. So good.
Hah! Yeah. My Mayor ate a Rat recently. I think He said it was Yummy.
And besides, Youre right. Rats are cute, compared to Elves. Cockroaches was a better comparison. Different colorations and breeds of Cockroaches.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: January 07, 2012, 02:37:11 am »

My recent adventure as a female human axeman has gone swimmingly. Kinda... My first bandit encounter I got shot in the lung by the bowman leader and had to back off before I passed out from pain. I came back after a quick fast-travel break to heal and whipped her ass and nabbed some stuff from the camp, but wasn't prepared to risk my neck with the other banditos nearby and went home. I gathered 4 peasants and headed for the next objective, which was easy considering there were only 3 and one was a wrestler. The third bandit camp, however, it all went wrong. They ambushed us a few travel tiles back from the camp. I tried to engage but was shot in the hand, losing my nice silver halberd. The leader took out two of my companions at the other end of the map and since I was in extreme pain I made a beeline for somewhere else, went into stealth mode, and travelled away as fast as possible. The other two peasants survived; one with pretty serious injuries.

We went back to town, and luckily were greeted with a slew of 6 miners which I used runesmith to convince to follow me. I also convinced two more peasants to awkwardly waddle to their death by my side.

Then, we made off for those bandits again. This time, we didn't even make it half way ebfore a group I'd never encountered before ambushed us. On the open desert with nowhere for me to hide, even! Battle commenced, and I realized I wasn't skilled enough in unarmed combat to take on their leader, who was a lasher. Luckily one of the miners got my back while I broke a macewoman's wrist, punched her in the head to kill her, and promptly turned around and smashed the bandit leader's skull in. I and that miner took down the two bowmen immediately south of us and the rest of the troop finished up the remaining bandits. As far as I know, we only took one casualty: one of the peasants. I'm about to use dfusion to divy up the weaponry between the group; make sure everyone is well-armed and armored and has the chance to become skilled warriors. The miners obviously will be using their picks, but they need shields (still need more shields...) and the peasants may be given bows.

As a side note, the bandit leader, a female lasher, ambushed us whilst standing over a prone male wrestler. BDSM, anyone?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: January 15, 2012, 08:40:25 pm »

my Adventurer in Genesis came across a cave which was supposed to contain a Troll, instead it contained THREE trolls.

He was punched to death by trolls in a cave.

now rolling a Kaldar (8ft tall human) in the dwarvenrealms Mod which id going well, the world feels alot more deadlier in dwarvenrealms, my Kaldar adventurer found a Shadow master in a cave  and I had to stab the thing atleast 100 times in the chest before it went down.... the thing had Scythe arms and was twice the size of me !!

Only downside of dwarvenrealms is there is no adventure mode crafting :(

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: January 15, 2012, 08:57:36 pm »

aaand my Genesis legendary adventurer was just 1 shotted by a goblin bowman  yayyyy  arrow to the face !

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: January 15, 2012, 11:24:56 pm »

My adventurer is being Armok Claus.

Bandits no longer register as hostile to him after the last few dragons, so I've been recruiting a steady stream of bandits and townsfolk and allowing them to repeatedly fight as they march from town to town like some sort of horrifically bloody murder-party, delivering presents of maiming and death. It helps that the world's really snowy and I found a coat and pants to complete the image.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: January 16, 2012, 09:46:07 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:26:47 am by Ogdibus »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: January 17, 2012, 01:55:16 am »

Interestingly, in one world, the bandits wear iron masks. 

I like. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: January 17, 2012, 03:56:08 am »

Started a new beastman melee fighter and he got the shit saved out of him.

He goes in to fight his first bandit camp with two cohorts; a pair of orcs with a mace and a bow. He's perfectly capable of taking the bandits himself, but the orcs just seem to slow him down. When all is said and done he has a few scratches and his team is dead and bloody. There were no real expectations for them, but they were supposed to get him through the wilderness without bogeyman trouble. Now it's almost nightfall and he has to brave the journey alone.

Determined not to face this inevitable threat at half-strength (he basically fought the bandits drowsy the entire time) he rests up for eight hours and then heads off into the night. Sure enough the cackling starts.

The fight is uneventful at first. He tries to bite at a limb while they try to punch/gore him and it's a lot of dodging. They start to pack in and surround him so he backs off and gets ready for a second charge. Suddenly, a "mighty roar" rings out in the dead of night.

From damn near nowhere a Giant Tiger shows up and tears straight into the bogeymen. They don't stand a chance. The beastman is forgotten and the tiger proceeds to paint the jungle red. Mere moments later the cackling fades and the upstart adventurer proceeds on his merry way.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 1104