Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096472 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3135 on: December 12, 2011, 05:23:02 am »

It turns out that the dwarven pus that the minotaur in my last post was bleeding out belonged to a dwarven god, and killing the minotaur killed that god. I managed to kill a goddess from the same civilization in the same way, as well as a few reincarnated humans and kobolds (whose minotaur avatars bled human pus and kobold egg yolk, respectively).

Blood made of pus. Yolk from eggs...

~~~

Bogeymen, managed to trick one to splat itself down a cliff even if it can fly. Survived to see the morn.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: December 13, 2011, 01:25:16 am »

No, not duplicated raws, I've seen duplicated raws before and this is something completely different. It's more subtle and in some ways even stranger. I think the world was corrupted because I was running another instance of the game when it was generated. In any case, there were all sorts of issues with historic figures and creature lairs.

It turns out that the dwarven pus that the minotaur in my last post was bleeding out belonged to a dwarven god, and killing the minotaur killed that god. I managed to kill a goddess from the same civilization in the same way, as well as a few reincarnated humans and kobolds (whose minotaur avatars bled human pus and kobold egg yolk, respectively).

I wonder how the dwarves will react to two of their gods being killed by an adventurer...
So in other words DF gods are really bullmen and women. Welp Case closed.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 15, 2011, 12:47:05 am »

Turns out their religion was nothing but bullshit afterall. :P

My adventurers keep dieing in horrible ways. Usually being torn to shreds by small animals.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 15, 2011, 01:35:26 pm »

Recently, I lost my best adventurer, after killing countless beasts, BCs and dragons, he got the soo comon syndrome of the arrowtothespinetitis.

(and then he was roflestomped by rhinos)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3139 on: December 15, 2011, 01:53:00 pm »

That story was touching, so I made this.

.-'------------------------------------`-.
                         .'                                                       '.
                         |                    R.I.P                             |
                         |                                                        |
                         | I used to be an adventurer like you    |
                         | Then I took an arrow to the spine.      |                                                   
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: December 15, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »

Oh gods, they got to Bay12 as well! And what makes it worse is that it's totally true - take an arrow to the spine and yer down. Unless it's the lower spine. Then you're just a permanent cripple.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: December 16, 2011, 05:20:04 am »

Oh gods, they got to Bay12 as well! And what makes it worse is that it's totally true - take an arrow to the spine and yer down. Unless it's the lower spine. Then you're just a permanent cripple.

At least all sentients in DF are smart enough to have armor for the lower body...

MAurelius

• Bay Watcher
  • Philosopher King
    • View Profile
    • Marcus Aurelius Let's Play
« Reply #3142 on: December 17, 2011, 04:38:59 am »

After hours of wandering the world and becoming a legendary hero in the eyes of what seemed like hundreds of civs (too many. really, makes Legends mode reeeaaaaaly hard to navigate - there should be like 10 tops, not 50 million), slaying titans and foul beasts, my hero was ambushed by goblins on the tundra, survived, but lost about 6 of his 11 companions, and then, no joke, was ambushed while they were sleeping (deep in the tundra so no towns or anything) by a large group of elves...but strange elves that wielded metal weapons. At no point earlier in his life did he ever do anything whatsoever to harm an elf, nor had he ever come into contact with them before that moment.

He was hit in the head by a lasher. Poor guy didn't even live past 20. Far from the lands of his people.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: December 17, 2011, 12:16:46 pm »

Probably elves kidnapped by goblins/conquered by humans in world gen who've gone bandito.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: December 17, 2011, 02:28:02 pm »

On my 433 notable kill. Over 300 are human peasants the rest are bandits and night creatures.
I grabbed some guy's skirt, and caved in another man's skull with it. I imagine that my adventurer is so battle hardened he's a professional rat-tailer. I used that same skirt to kill 6 other people, which is when I looted a scepter and killed 6 people with that. During my looting of that town I also learned how powerful large gems are. I can cave ribs into every other organ with them.

I wonder if the item distribution Toady's working on might get these items back to me in Fort mode. I'd love to buy a large gem or a bag and see it has kills to it. :P
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: December 17, 2011, 10:33:45 pm »

Ivanka is blinging out her sword.

At the moment I took it, I still had yet to add human leather, elf leather, giant cave spider silk, and honey badger bones.
Sorry if I sound like a noob, but do you mind if I ask what mod it is you are using? I am assuming Genesis, but not sure

Lems

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: December 18, 2011, 02:10:03 am »

On my best adventurer to date, I completed tons of quests and gathered a huge army. We went on to conquer countless goblins, kill a bunch of minotaurs, giants, rocs and dragons with my adventurer not taking any damage (not even a single bruise!) the entire time.

Because I was shocked he had even gotten this far, instead of leading him on to eventual death I had him retire in the fortress whose lord he had served countless times. Happy ending.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: December 18, 2011, 06:36:28 am »

Currently on Genesis:

I was travelling to a lair, hoping that I'd make it before nightfall, but I was wrong.

You are surrounded by cackling.

Dont even ask how, but I managed to kill them all, scan the log and find a fortress about a kilometer south, so I went there.
Of course it could NOT go well, because this is DF - fortress was snakemen,naga, and lizardmen posession. I made it on the walls, and saw guards sleeping on the watchtowers. Fritz da Nord goes sneaky. I try to hack one of them in the head(simple hits because they are sleeping), but attack does not do much because of a copper cap. As every guard as one, I think to myself, this is gonna take long. Eventually I killed the lizard with coppercap, and went to next watchtower.
There, I wrestled and grabbed another copper cap with my left lower arm, hack-hack'd with my axe and two turns later, naga is dead. I am currently planning to murder entire fortress, take all their heads to the main hall and sleep there.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: December 19, 2011, 07:42:23 pm »

Found a rotten, living ettin. I cheated to see his kills and they didn't mention any demons or forgotten beasts so I'm wondering what's going on.
Wait. Turns out I found a Zombie Ettin! A freaking Zombie Ettin! And he's apparently blind  ???
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Communist adventure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: December 20, 2011, 07:43:15 pm »

Funny how this was made in 2010 and its almost 2012 and its still going.

Well im off to a quest to kill a roc that killed one of my best adventurers.

Revenge is sweet with a dish best delivered in blood.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 1104