Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096552 times)

cyancanine402

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3090 on: November 18, 2011, 08:51:26 pm »

I've been hiding out in the former lair of a night creature killed by my previous adventurer (who was in turn slain by a thresher,) using the Wanderer's Friend mod to make steel armor from the weapons I stole from a nearby hamlet. Discovering that this hamlet was, in fact, the place where my last adventurer was killed, I brutally murdered most of the inhabitants. Unfortunately, I'm 'not hungry enough' to butcher the carcass of the aforementioned thresher.
[DF_DEPENDENT]

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: November 19, 2011, 06:50:08 am »

Just created a new world. Started a peasant, start grinding Knapping and Throwing and that... about halfway to legendary when all of a sudden, the door to the house right next to me opens and in the doorway, I see, &.

So I start freaking out of course. Then I look at it. It's a prisoner. I walk into the house and there's another one! Two clown prisoners in a regular fucking house with only one regular inhabitant!

So I figure that this gonna be good. I'm gonna get me a coupla ol' clowns to clown around with me. I mean one even has deadly blood - now if that isn't gonna be alot of fun then I don't know what would be. So I finish my grinding and go to another house to sleep, and I talk to one of the people living there, ask about the capital and all that. Lawgiver is a clown, nothing strange with that. Curious about the history, ask again. There's another clown there, in the capital, as well. Ask again. A third clown.

Now I stopped after asking nine times and getting seven different clowns living in the capital at this point in time.

This is the best world ever.

Edit: Nine. Nine freakin' clown prisoners in the lawgiver's building. WHAT IS GOING ON?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:58:21 am by coldmonkey »
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: November 19, 2011, 08:01:24 am »

Nothing special...just getting jumped by elves.

What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: November 19, 2011, 08:29:28 am »

I went to slay a night creature spouse, only to find 2 more spouses and the night creature itself sharing the lair

I came back later and the companions i had left in death had severely wounded 2 of the creatures. With my new party and most importantly, my new gear, mostly the iron breastplate, greaves and bronze helm and high boots, we were victorious at last
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:24:56 am by Garath »
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: November 19, 2011, 12:33:03 pm »

Just created a new world. Started a peasant, start grinding Knapping and Throwing and that... about halfway to legendary when all of a sudden, the door to the house right next to me opens and in the doorway, I see, &.

So I start freaking out of course. Then I look at it. It's a prisoner. I walk into the house and there's another one! Two clown prisoners in a regular fucking house with only one regular inhabitant!

So I figure that this gonna be good. I'm gonna get me a coupla ol' clowns to clown around with me. I mean one even has deadly blood - now if that isn't gonna be alot of fun then I don't know what would be. So I finish my grinding and go to another house to sleep, and I talk to one of the people living there, ask about the capital and all that. Lawgiver is a clown, nothing strange with that. Curious about the history, ask again. There's another clown there, in the capital, as well. Ask again. A third clown.

Now I stopped after asking nine times and getting seven different clowns living in the capital at this point in time.

This is the best world ever.

Edit: Nine. Nine freakin' clown prisoners in the lawgiver's building. WHAT IS GOING ON?

Wooow. That is sweet. Never, ever, make this civ mad at you.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: November 19, 2011, 12:54:29 pm »

can you recruit em?
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: November 19, 2011, 08:54:41 pm »

Yup, they're recruitable. Not sure if I want to though, I mean, it's pretty much insta-win against everything unless I die just from being near them. Unless I, find a circus and... oh my, that WOULD be funny. I've heard a lot of talk about people wanting to take a load of clowns to the circus but in this world I might actually be able to do just that!

Also yes, all recruitable. I think I saw one escape as well, it just bolted for the exit and never looked back.

Say, if I wanted a Demigod with as high a resistance towards symptoms and dust etc. as possible, what stats/skills should I focus on? Toughness, Recuperation, Disease Resistance and Willpower? Dodge, Shield, Use Shield?
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: November 19, 2011, 09:30:56 pm »

Ivanka has found her new weapon.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: November 19, 2011, 10:18:16 pm »

Walking around as an Orc Ronin(Mixmod)
I find a gremlin prisoner...who claims to be shogun...... I am now taking him to the capital...
He's killed a diablos and a cyclops.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: November 20, 2011, 03:19:38 am »

goblin ambush at night. a pikeman, spearma, lasher, swordsman, wrestler and 3 archers. One got a lucky shot and hit the a companion in the head, the other teared some lungs in another companion, who died after the battle from removing the arrow. Comon man, get a grip. NOT on the arrow

several more ambushes later, i'm down to 3 companions from 6, 2 cant walk, but somehow crawls as fast as i can walk. I hired 2 more, we're after a Hydra

the hydra is dead, one of the wounded companions died and another is severely wounded. We rest here, then get on the trek back

-i didnt get the kill, even though -I- severed a major artery in the heart that eventually bled it dry

new quest: kill a dragon. Hired some more goons, since its a long trek with no villages to sleep. I fully expect some casualties even before we get to the dragon

one lasher down

that was disappointing. it bit off an arm and a leg and was then incapacitated by broken guts. noone even died yet. However, i got the killing blow, so i'm now a dragonslayer!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 06:13:04 am by Garath »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: November 21, 2011, 01:23:52 pm »

For the first time ever, my adventure did not immediately end in horrible, brain-kicky death. I had picked a survivable starting build, played cautiously early on until I got decent equipment, and finally figured out how to recruit traveling companions so I could travel to places farther than half a day's round trip. After a short time, I had traveled farther than ever before and slain a number of night creatures, all without being strangled in my sleep by bogeymen! Admittedly, I was playing as a modded-in species and wielding modded-in chakrams, but I'd done a bunch of tests in the arena to make sure that the species in question wasn't horribly overpowered. I was feeling pretty good.

Then I double-checked the raws for those chakrams I mentioned and found that, rather than succeeding at making an adventurer who was both strong and skilled enough to slice off night creature limbs with a lightweight melee/throwing weapon, I had, in fact, failed at calculating the chakrams' weight properly so that they actually would be lightweight melee/throwing weapons, as opposed to -- to give an example -- hyperdense flying buzzsaws of infinite dismemberment.

Then I was sad.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: November 21, 2011, 02:38:54 pm »

hyperdense flying buzzsaws of infinite dismemberment

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. I want the raws for this.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: November 21, 2011, 07:02:15 pm »

hyperdense flying buzzsaws of infinite dismemberment

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. I want the raws for this.

Sure. Here's the broken chakram raws (mistakes emphasized; also, I just noticed more mistakes besides the borked size):

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CHAKRAM]
[NAME:chakram:chakrams]
[SIZE:650] < -- FYI, that's more than twice the mass of a short sword packed into what should be a small, frisbee-shaped object
[SKILL:THROW]
[TWO_HANDED:30000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:20000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[ATTACK:EDGE:30000:1500:strike:strikes:NO_SUB:1500] <-- that's the contact area and speed multiplier, respectively

As a bonus, I didn't understand at the time that the speed multiplier referred to how a small change in position near the axis of a rotating object (i.e. a sword handle) translated into a large change in position at locations further from the axis (i.e. a sword blade). Also, I made the contact area far too large.
So, basically, in my naivete regarding how weapons work, I took what was supposed to be a frisbee-like thrusting/slashing weapon that works as a thrown projectile and made it into some sort of massive, free-spinning pizza cutter of doom that could effortlessly saw off limbs.

While I'm pimping, I might as well put the fixed version:

[ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CHAKRAM]
[NAME:chakram:chakrams]
[SIZE:300]
[SKILL:THROW]
[TWO_HANDED:30000]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:20000]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:1]
[ATTACK:EDGE:9000:1500:strike:strikes:NO_SUB:1100]

I did some testing, and this seems to work better. They're still deadly, but now they're deadly for the right reasons, i.e. applying a small force very efficiently. While I was testing, one of my human guinea pigs managed to slice his opponent in half, which freaked me out a bit, but it seems to have been a freak occurrence.

I still don't fully understand how weapons work, though, so there's probably a lot of mistakes here.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: November 21, 2011, 08:27:32 pm »

I finally finished my first mod, big, burly, pig/Boar people, really, violent. So of course I generate a new word and SLAUGHTER EVERYONE in my starting village. Eventually I decided to stop using the sword only and began wrestling, breaking arms and such, and I decide to pinch some dudes nose, for good luck.
"You pinch The Peasant's nose with your left hand, the severed part flies off in an arc."
Wait- what?
I then died after going into a house and deciding to sleep. They cut me to bits as I slept.
Hello. Have a nice day.

vonFaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: November 21, 2011, 10:39:37 pm »

"You pinch The Peasant's nose with your left hand, the severed part flies off in an arc."
"Got your nose!"
That incident was really what clued me in to the depth this game can offer, though that one time I made a fort of 150 dwarves suspended over a gorge and cut it all loose was pretty fun too.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 1104