Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096739 times)

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3015 on: October 19, 2011, 03:43:50 am »

My newest demigod has been successful so far, I've gotten him an iron sword and shield as well as spotted pieces of armor here and there. I travel with five soldiers, so I kill most things easily. My most recent mission was to kill a Night Creature, which I gave the ol' one-two: I smacked her in the leg to knock her over, before decapitating her in a single blow.

Unfortunately, I found out I accidentally made my adventurer a chick, so that kinda sucks.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: October 19, 2011, 06:14:49 pm »

My legendary Knife User (naturally his real title is Recruit, damn it all) killed a black-feathered armadillo demon twisted into human form. Using only a large copper dagger.
It took awhile.
Does anyone know how I can get hold of any better knife weapon? I mean, without having to slaughter a fort along with some Lord demon who happens to be carrying a Masterwork Iron Slicing Knife or somesuch? Because that would be a bitch, especially given how they wear actual clothing.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: October 19, 2011, 07:18:56 pm »

In vanilla. Learned today I am completely invulnerable to wolves. This allows for easy defense training. This is good because my last attempt got killed by a Roc which wrestled off my left foot.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:38:57 pm by JDF117 »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: October 19, 2011, 10:37:19 pm »

I am playing as Taito Deathmetal. This will be interesting...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: October 20, 2011, 12:30:28 am »

...followed by a lone carp man bandit who had but a single bag.

Wait, what happened to the other one? Is this Genesis mod, did it get severed or something? :P

Hah, no, just one empty bag for loot, I meant. Well... There was a point where he had only one of THOSE 'bags', but he quickly lost the other one as well. It's not genesis mod either, it's the one to be found in my sig. Genitals never were included, and won't be. I feel like removing all that sort of crap from MY machine... If it wasn't hilarious in game terms.

Today was a terrible one for that adventurer: As soon as she set out from the city with her horde of peasants, the invincible, non-bleeding orc bandits struck! (A mod I'm not releasing because it's terrible.) All the companions died, and she nearly did as well, losing the use of her sword arm and having to run in circles for a few minutes before being able to pick some junk up into her bag and flee back to town to retire.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:34:47 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: October 20, 2011, 02:14:46 am »

Urist Mcmissesalot, my newest crossbowmen, just met his end. He stumbled upon a goblin ambush with dozens of the buggers, and he and his allies were quickly dispatched.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Rinnix

• Bay Watcher
  • astral tit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: October 21, 2011, 09:07:35 pm »

My adventurer (who was a legendary shield-user, hammerman, and had the best of attributes) was recently knocked into a chasm by a wolf.

I'm... having... so... much... fun.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: October 22, 2011, 02:31:29 am »

I went to a giant's lair.
Then I killed it in 3 turns.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: October 22, 2011, 12:41:20 pm »

found out my adventurer was too good at biting, then my combat changed from stabbing to ripping arms off, I am unstoppable to anything that is smaller than me, heck, even trolls.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: October 23, 2011, 04:27:25 am »

I got the battlecraft mod and made a new world.
I made an elf character so I can get wildlife easier.
After killing a bunch of animals and outlaws, I now wield an iron spear, silver shield, and leather headband.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: October 23, 2011, 05:49:18 am »

I found another badass elf.  I beat the crap out of him, shattering ribs and eventually severing the spine. I walked off map, but I suddenly remembered that I dropped my shield. I came back and the elf was FULLY HEALED. He didn't even have a scar.

[EDIT] My latest battle went like this.

I beat the living shit out of a bandit leader and as soon as she is about to die, my swordsman comes up to her and stabs her. He then says "HURRR! I KILED TEH EVOL BANDAT! I BE HERO!". I beat him until one of his lungs collapsed and then I stoned him to death.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 07:00:16 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: October 25, 2011, 12:02:01 pm »

killed off my first dragon without a scratch, all because I got the help of some villagers, two got mauled and gave me the bravery to know it isn't a stone-skinned killing machine, the other one got it over me, and I was sneaking at that time, freaking out since it didn't spot me, I stabbed it until it bled to death.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: October 26, 2011, 01:22:46 am »

I am currently making my way through a cave, in search of glorious battle and, inevitably, caverns from which I will assault the forces of *spoiler* and steal, but not use, their upright *redacted*. Because I am a misc. object user/unarmed combatant. Dual shields are fun. Unfortunately, I must give them up in order to complete my quest and take the prize for the "Adventururur mode weeklyish !!CHALLENGE!! Week One: Defenceless" thread, because the shields are a disqualifying defense. I do not expect to survive...

I am currently 39 z-levels into the cave. No, that's not a typo. 39. I am shocked and am not envying walking all the way back to the surface. I don't intend to stay here, though. I intend to use an abandoned fortress. I'm just hunting for monsters... We encountered a single giant cave swallow that mauled one of my peasant girls. I hope for a far more difficult fight...

Scratch that. Hit the last full cave layer at cave-46 (below the entrance to the cave, which is maybe 1-3 levels above ground.) Then comes the entrance to the caverns, the first actual ground-floor of which is on cave-56. There is absolutely nothing down here. The girls didn't even run off after some creature I can't even see, becoming lost forever. Not funny, DF. Not funny.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 01:29:06 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

karloss99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: October 27, 2011, 07:02:31 am »

genned a high-savagery  high-beast-count world to kill play adventurers.

1st. run:

killed by 1st ambush. the backup to be exact...

2nd. run:

Goblin ambush cleared, mortally wounded thou.  :-\
sleeping to heal.. woken up by a pack of (hungry) wolves...
killed all but 1, the last one made me dodge into a river and consequently drown...

Now for the 3rd run!

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: October 27, 2011, 08:18:21 am »

I modded yetis to be playable (first real mod!), and genned a pocket-world to toodle around in. Didn't manage to get a yeti civilization, so I played as an outsider.

As expected, yetis are pretty boss. I'm pretty sure that was my first adventurer to actually earn a title: Nuxka Desertshadow, the Apogee of Howls. Also, never had trouble with bogeymen, despite traveling alone; guess they were intimidated. ^.^

So anyway, after I killed seven or so named foes, mostly night creatures, some lucky bandit archer got a headshot on me before I could finish duking it out with his boss.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 1104