Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096809 times)

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3000 on: October 13, 2011, 09:24:40 pm »

Just got killed yet again because every attack on a person is a miss or is "parried", so lost yet another adventurer. Kind of getting bored of Adventure mode, likely going to abandon it for Fort again.
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Rinnix

• Bay Watcher
  • astral tit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: October 16, 2011, 05:42:26 pm »

(40d) After training my Pikeman (named after the great Bengel Hairybasement) quite a bit, I gained the accompaniment of a few human comrades and even a couple elves, I decided to go attack a goblin fortress. We sneaked into (well, as much as you can sneak with eight people following you) the walls of the tower. I started of the combat (and possible sparked a war as well) by throwing a few iron bolts at the dwarven children that were there. My allies fought well, most unscathed. As well as the dwarven children, elves inhabited it as well, and we managed to find about six prisoners to join us. We sweeped the lower floor as well, without trouble. After doing so, we exited the building and ran to the goblin temple where we actually saw goblins (but not without mangling many organs and the gouging the eyes out of the bewildered children standing by). My men fought rather well; in fact, none had yet died. Using my collection of silver Sithedur coins, I was able to take out quite a few priests before we even reached them. I went on killing everything within my sight. I came across a priest who had both of his legs cut off, without anyone tending to his undeathiness. I decided it would be best to forcefully fondle him in the most violent way possible. Then, while many of my rangers and crossbowmen were beating feeble children with their bows, I was shot from behind in the "lower body" and went the iron bolt when all through. I collapsed, my friends fighting for and around me, unaware of my fate. My body was mounted on an iron spike, and my soul helplessly watching as my maceman is beat to death by a fishery worker with a maple crown. I see a couple other of my soldiers fall off the steep tower to meet their gruesome death on the stones below. I see a giant cave spider violently ripping apart the plethora of children I had attempted to rescue.

Looking back, I had been struck down by an elf named Atu Dungeonquests. May my god "Dilol" strike him down.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 05:44:36 pm by Rinnix »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: October 16, 2011, 05:48:52 pm »

Yeah, playing as a glass serpent demon? Not as cool as it sounds. >.> You only have one attack (bite), aren't very powerful, and get slaughtered pretty easily. All the same, at least I looked cool before I took on that entire human village.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: October 17, 2011, 12:00:53 am »

Butchering a goblin village.  :) Nothing exciting.
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: October 17, 2011, 12:42:03 pm »

I found me a bear, got worried, and then:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It decided a broken toe was too painful, and gave up. Wow.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: October 17, 2011, 08:55:08 pm »

I found me a bear, got worried, and then:

It decided a broken toe was too painful, and gave up. Wow.
Good thing physics is not that much implemented here or you would see:

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: October 17, 2011, 09:21:03 pm »

I finished a 5 year fort with and stocked it with full coverage adamantine, steel and adamantine serrated discs, a pressure plate/upright spear danger room, a swimming room, and a hatch to Hell. The plan is to kill every megabeast and some demons and go down in engraving history. Right now I'm just training the dorf in sneaking overnight tho. Sneaking is amazing.

Edit: just realized I didn't connect the pressure plate to the spears. Guess I'm doing it the old fashioned way.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:22:51 pm by JDF117 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: October 17, 2011, 10:51:22 pm »

I've had rotten luck with this kobold adventurer. She managed to kill 10-13 fellow kobold bandits, but so far she and her elven companions haven't been a threat to the lesser dragons I'm tasked to kill, or the dwarven adventurer semi-megabeast i modded in, who is too highly skilled to even touch. They both slaughtered all three of my peasant companions, and the dwarf seriously injured me. Barely escaped by sneaking away after I got the extreme pain flag flashing for me.

The worst? Immediately after my next attempt, in which I tried to take on a mature night creature, I lost my ability to stand, and since I was too far from civilization I intended to sleep by the ocean, passing through the tundra and ending travel on the outskirts. So what? So the game spawned me by a breeding pair of lesser dragons, both of which attacked me, the female getting bored or whatever and leaving, uninjured, and the male is still shoving his phallus down my characters tiny kobold throat, smashing up her mouth, and ripping chunks off with his claws. Then a yeti decided to join him. She's less-successfully trying to bludgeon me to death. Out of pity, i presume.

Definitely not a scene I would request being illustrated in the Draw Your Adventures thread...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: October 18, 2011, 02:42:53 pm »

playing as a infected human I was sent on a quest to kill some desert devil(human bandits). through a fighting style I call "bite and run" I converted the raiding masses into braindead zombies.
which cause a nice effect of having the bandits drop aggro on me if they kill their now hostile buds. to paint a the scene picture a rotten skin human just infected a maceman while his buddy swordman ready to attack, then stops to go handle the new threat(maceman who now has rottenskin) meanwhile the RSH goes and starts talking to the swordman and both have a conversation about family and surroundings(and a chance to join said RSH group). well the fort who sent the quest gave me 2 companions and after my 2 attack they kinda got infected by a zombie bandit and disappeared.
Thinking I could return back I found out soon that they don't take kindly to zombies and rush me in a single file line. well let's just say they had 4 lords and a general and now they all rotten sacks of meat. I was soon now out of companions and a home and started walking in the night thinking I was bogey food. then I got attacked by bandits who stop to notice that I'm a legend, I told them that I killed 2 generals from a fort and was willing to join me.

so now I have 3 bandits.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: October 18, 2011, 05:56:25 pm »

Here are the results of the butchering of goblin bay. I was killed by my own fireball arrow  >:(.
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: October 18, 2011, 06:38:35 pm »

I got all of the adamantine armor I had in my last fort, as well as an artifact throne for when I decorate a lair.

Spoiler: Armor (click to show/hide)

Four cloaks and a pair of trousers were lost as they had been stockpiled accidentally and the throne has gone missing, weirdly.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: October 19, 2011, 02:03:35 am »

okay I'm having way too much fun as an infected human being converting my enemies into rotting sacks(dfusion mix with corrosion), then befriend the ones who down right attacked my creatures of the rot, I guess coming in contact of a pus cover leper is more enough to befriend the one is willing to talk to you. I pick up bandits to peasants to guards of a fort by just eating some guys hand back off and watch the madness.
I got companions from the same fort I raided twice just by doing this alone.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:41 am »

My recent adventurer's first week has been wildly successful. I've succeeded in bringing down a giraffe in melee (very risky. Damn ungulates will knock your face in.), followed by a lone carp man bandit who had but a single bag. After that I could get some peasants, so I found two peasants and a hunter, sold the bag and giraffe goodies for a bit of armor, and went on to the next bandit camp. On the way there the four of us were attacked by a tiger, killing it easily but somewhat slowly, providing me with good butcherings to sell, and then stopped by a night creature lair and slaughtered her in a somewhat long fight, but very little injury to the party.
    The carp man bandits were fairly weak, but it was somewhat pressing considering one of the peasants got herself mauled and kept passing out, so we stopped to defend her. Luckily the carp men came at us pretty much just one at a time, and they were slaughtered. The peasant received one red injury, and a few yellow ones. They've healed well. The important thing though was the huge hoard of loot they'd amassed, including an iron breastplate, which I hadn't seen in any of the shops, even of poorer materials Needed some sort of chest armor besides a shirt. I sold it all when I returned to town, along with the tiger products, for between 1000☼ and 1200☼, even after purchasing a new iron scimitar (I had a copper 2-h sword) and a copper maul. Multiple weapons, especially combining edged and blunt, is always a good idea in my opinion. Too bad I couldn't find any good silver weapons.
    Next goal is a cobald camp. I expect a real fight from them, with the higher natural skills and high-quality equipment, and probably a greater number of them overall. Lots of bowmen...

At least it's not Paklaras. They comprise 30% of the living historical figures in this world! Probably from their wars with a human civ, conquering all of it by 67 (it's 212 though so I presume that they're all dead with a short lifespan, but I wanted to give you a history lesson), and the more recent wars with the dwarves. Paklaras are apparently masters of war... Dwarves have a low population currently, and 29% of all dead historical figures, from the southern civ's war with the southern elves, who kicked their asses. Damn weak dwarves! I'll be down there next year to show you how to conquer elves! Of course they DO have dragons of various sorts on their side, who have no doubt been killing dwarves in droves. (freaking frost wyrms are ungodly war machines)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: October 19, 2011, 02:55:35 am »

...followed by a lone carp man bandit who had but a single bag.

Wait, what happened to the other one? Is this Genesis mod, did it get severed or something? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

FingO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: October 19, 2011, 03:03:23 am »

When I visited a fort do look for companions, a demon was present. I talked to him and found out that he was a prisoner. I asked him whether he, "Alidem Athrabbekor, Fragrantlosss the Lyrical Twilight", a gecko devil ("A gigantic gecko twisted into humanoid form with lidless eyes. It is slavering. Its aqua scales are small and overlapping. Beware its poisonous vapours! He is scrawny") would like to join my adventures. He wanted to and thus I have now a demon fighting beside me.
"In Plaguemoments I slew a human over a week." - Em Kisstorments, administrator

"Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world?" was a legendary bone-bound book. The written portion consists of a 30 page essay entitled "Can Kutsmob Pimplehate save the world? authored by Kutsmob Pimplehate. It concerns the giving up on being a fishery worker of the goblin necromancer Kutsmob Pimplehate in Bristleseductions in 29. The writing has its moments of cleverness.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1104