Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096866 times)

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2955 on: October 01, 2011, 12:04:12 am »

Whoops, wrong forum
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:14:07 am by Megaman3321 »
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: October 01, 2011, 12:26:22 am »

My circus adventures!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: October 01, 2011, 12:48:52 am »

My circus adventures part deux!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: October 01, 2011, 06:38:13 am »

I genned a new, bogeyman and ( sadly ) nightcreature free world, made a pretty cool pikeman, was sent after a goblin gang.  I think my pikeman may have slept near the camp, because the next thing I know, the goblins surround me and tear the ever-loving-[censored] out of me.  I made a new adventurer.  Same deal.  Got ambushed, surrounded, ripped apart by a dozen multi-colored gobbos.  I, for some strange reason, made a completely unarmed fighter.  Same thing happened. 
I made a swordsman, decided to get a maceman for a companion.  I slept near the camp, the ambush screen pops up, I try to run and fight them one on one, my maceman friend gets ripped apart by arrows, he dies, and eventually ( after inflicting a few casualties ) I die.

I try ONE LAST TIME.  I make a crossbowhuman ( all those previous adventurers were human by the way ) and I head there, and massacre them.  Unfortunately, their own crossbow goblins managed to pincushion me, but I managed to kill their chieftess. 

Funnily enough, the chieftess had no kills to her name, but some of her lackeys, especially the axe-man who killed two of my failed bandit-slaying adventurers, had kills.  I sensed some political tension in the group, which I alleviated with my crossbow.

I kill the chieftess, along with several of them, BUT THERE ARE STILL A FEW ALIVE.  I had already suffered from a heart laceration due to a crossbow shot, I didn't last particularly long. 

I will destroy these bandits, I don't care how much like the Hills have Eyes they are, they will rue the day when they messed with a guy who could send an infinite number of adventurers after them, like some sort of idiotic manhunter army. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: October 01, 2011, 02:08:51 pm »

So, i killed the steam titan (it was remarkably easy, i was under the impression ones made from gases and such were effectively unkillable), then went to the dark fortress.

Not only was there no fortress, there wasn't even a single goblin. Argh. Either i should've genned longer than 100 years, or i'm missing something.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: October 01, 2011, 02:11:43 pm »

All sites except human sites are disabled in the current version.
*Hugs*

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: October 01, 2011, 02:12:13 pm »

Killed two night-beasties, a pack of Giant Ants, some cavies, a cheetah, and am on my way to report my notable kills. And then I'll be off to kill more night-beasties.

And then go live in the caverns. Hopefully surviving long enough to stumble upon a camp of Olm- or Ant- or Rodent- or Cave Swallow-Men, who'll help me hunt for meat to survive.

So, i killed the steam titan (it was remarkably easy, i was under the impression ones made from gases and such were effectively unkillable), then went to the dark fortress.

Not only was there no fortress, there wasn't even a single goblin. Argh. Either i should've genned longer than 100 years, or i'm missing something.
Non-Human settlements (i.e. dark fortresses, mountain halls, etc) don't exist in adventure mode in the current version, unless you mod them to live in human-style cities in the entity_default.txt for your RAW files.

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: October 01, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »

Okay, that sucks. Guess i'll have to have all the races living in puny human hamlets and towns instead of awesome fortresses.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: October 01, 2011, 08:24:51 pm »

I killed a few jiggling ass-clowns (no, I'm not joking) and some clowns made out of feces, as well as a White Demon (sounds like something out of a black panther rally) that spat out shards of glass or something, then she managed to get out using the town feature and go retire. 

I'm now starting a game on a different world as a kobold outsider.  And I got killed five times before I managed to get some clothes off of a dead gobbo.

Anon the Felon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: October 01, 2011, 09:08:11 pm »

I just started a new marksdwarf, got a nice request from my fellows to go kill a bandit.  Walk over there, then try to get lost in the forest so I could ambush them (needed to get out of LoS).

After just a few steps, found my self face to face with a black bear.

"You have died."

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: October 01, 2011, 09:11:39 pm »

Killed a family of night-beasts and a minotaur. I grabbed what I could from the labyrinth (human skins and meat) and moved EVERYTHING that I crafted and looted from one lair that I claimed to the family's lair. It was a big pile of yellow sand, with a 3x3 chamber on the northernmost part, and the lair has a door.

I'm dropping meat, bones, leather, weapons/armor/ammo, etc. in the 3x3 chamber and am going to place a wood-pile in the other big part of what is now my lair.

THEN I'm going to travel to the nearest cave--a mountain cave--and try to survive the harsh cave systems. Companions will (hopefully) be replaced by animal-people camps. They, in turn, will supply me some food and leather needed to survive and craft stuff. They get to do some fighting, and the blowgunners will help me hunt (as they can probably see way farther than I can down there).

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: October 02, 2011, 07:54:33 am »

Made a human outsider named Frankenstein's Monster Lonelycreature, Superior strength, high endurance, below average speed, skilled only in hand to hand.  Got a lot of kills by strangling people in their sleep, then after getting into a scrape with a butcher, and getting a massive scar on his stomach, started wandering the wild. 

At this point, Frankie got superhuman strength, same endurance, but advanced to average agility.  I toyed around with turkeys and groundhogs, destroyed some wolves with his Legendary wrestling, and managed to kill an elk without any broken bones. 

A camel ended him. 

And yes, I've been reading the Mary Shelley novel.  It is awesome, by DF standards, even. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: October 02, 2011, 07:55:47 am »

UPDATE: The mountain cave is just that; a cave. It's a bunch of niches carved into the hill, with no way into the caverns. It had a pack of troglodytes, however, which me and my pals killed with ease.

I went to another cave and it's leading me down into the caverns, but I'll have to deal with some Giant Earthworms to get down there.

Killed two of them and butchered them both. I'm gonna butcher whatever I find and kill down there...

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: October 02, 2011, 09:05:27 am »

breaking into the triple digits with my head colection of just bandits and night creatures, besides that not much.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: October 02, 2011, 09:53:43 am »

Genned a new world again to see that everything was working with my new creatures' civs- set savagery Very High, civs Very High, distinct places Very High and creatures Very High.

Cue the entire world being one giant swamp and the lone hamlet in the ENTIRE WORLD as of year 5 belonging to my Drazardmen. There's roughly 10 of them in a village while the elves and dwarves rip goblins to shreds (the humans died out in the first year- their sole fort got ruined in the first year), and kobolds died out year 4 because of their carnivorous habits. :P

The drazardmen (I guess because their population isn't high enough to sustain warfare yet) are the only ones who haven't been marked in a conflict- their first guard: Ape Manwonders has slaughtered a hydra and a giant whilst defending Whiskycloistered. :P
Also, a goblin got a title. "The Epidemic Piss-Pick of Knots."
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 1104