Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102122 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2925 on: September 21, 2011, 11:12:55 pm »

My modded "Corrupt" race makes adventure mode... interesting.  Their blood is molten iron and their eyes are perpetually aflame, so any non-magma-safe materials melt or ignite when I hold them.  Additionally, I boil blood splatters clean just by walking near, and bandit camp raids inevitably end in massive smoke, fire, and death.  Swimming is impossible because the water boils away almost instantly.  They are also very resistant to damage, as their bones and muscles are made of a very dense custom metal.

Raws or it doesn't exist. More seriously though, it seems like people always think of cool stuff to mod into the game. :D I'll have to dedicate some time one of these days to figuring out how to construct such monstrosities myself...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: September 22, 2011, 03:19:04 pm »

I'll put up the raws in an hour or so, once I get a few issues worked out.  Corrupts are pretty seriously messed up (both in the sense that they are bugged and in the general sense).

EDIT:Behold!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT2, This Time, It's Personal: Just remembered that it needs the custom metals.

Now behold!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:16:07 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

frankwilliams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: September 25, 2011, 04:13:11 pm »

I had decided to kill a local bandit lord a few tiles away from a town I happened to be staying in. I had just started this character, Lupara Feralsteel (most metal randomly generated last name ever) very recently, and had just gotten done killing swathes of alligators while swimming upstream the length of the local river.

I had no companions to speak of as there were no forts nearby, so I decided to recruit some random peasants as meatshields to make the fight a little easier, as I had just started out. I picked a mechanic and a peasant, and off we went.

The second I got there I emerged from tree cover only to find to my dismay that I was ambushed on all sides by three guys, much like the fabled Dan Quinn was at Juanita's Bar 10 years ago. Needless to say retreat was for cowards, and I did not consider it, but I knew I had to do some crowd control. I grabbed one lackey's necks with my left lower arm, the other one's neck with my right lower arm, choked them both out simultaneously, and then, keeping my grasp on them and having my hands full, I proceeded to kick their leader in the head repeatedly, as if I were doing an Irish jig, until I shattered his skull and killed him. Then, after he was dead and I was alone, I decided to get some exercise in and spent the next 10 full minutes alternating between strangling the enemy in my left and right hands as if I were doing bicep curls, while my peasant and mechanic companions, who were not as luckly in their fight with the remaining bad guy, shambled around bleeding and vomiting profusely in severe pain a few tiles away.

By the end of it I had ascended to Talented in wrestling, previously Dabbling when I started. I actually managed to time it by alternating between my left and right hand so that they both suffocated to death on exactly the same turn.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:15:04 pm by frankwilliams »

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: September 26, 2011, 08:12:35 pm »

A Dyansauri just chopped my pretty little elven head clean off my shoulders.

With a slicing knife.

WHAT the DEVIL is WRONG WITH THESE THINGS!?!?!?!?!?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: September 27, 2011, 06:46:49 pm »

I was playing as a spearman and I massacred a whole elf town. After killing their leader (I mean STRAIGHT AFTER), it began to snow and I began to hear strange clicking noises. I travelled, killed 2 bandits and was ambushed. I heard the clicking sound again... Suddenly, raptors surrounded me from all sides. I wounded some but was overpowered and killed by a cougar whom I mortally wounded. I'm imagining that the snow was the souls of the elves I killed and the stalky raptors were their revenge.

So ends the tale of Andatsi Wipedfist the White Raven of Stars.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Spirit of Power

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: September 27, 2011, 08:39:43 pm »

The law-giver for my local human civ is a lizard demon.

W.

T.

F.

And he was actually very polite and courteous, not exactly what you'd expect from a demon.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: September 27, 2011, 10:05:40 pm »

The law-giver for my local human civ is a lizard demon.

That happen a lot. Demons are pretty friendly.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: September 27, 2011, 10:32:51 pm »

Walked into a bandit camp, killed a few lashers and a swordsgoblin or two.  Suddenly noticed all the broken arrows and bolts on the ground, and checked the announcements.  Turns out, I had taken an arrow to the head, which was still stuck in.  I searched the camp for the archer, then pulled the arrow out of my head and threw it, still bloody (with molten iron), at the bowgoblin for an instant headshot.  It was glorious.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Alamander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: September 27, 2011, 10:58:34 pm »

Went around as a axe-wielding, clean-shaven dwarf (demigod) in my Pocket-world, hunting down the only mega beast in the land, a nine-headed Hydra. As I had no idea how to go about finding it, I traveled around taking on forgotten beast killings, and amassed myself a ragtag team of peasants (about 14 or so). Eventually I was asked to go slay the hydra by the local lady, and on the way there, I decided we would be safe enough sleeping in the wild (derp). My master axe-dwarf died from a kobold ambush in his sleep. =(

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: September 28, 2011, 12:29:59 am »

The issue was the lack of beard. If you had a beard your luck would have increased exponentially.

My recent adventures have been sad and short. I've even had trouble maintaining interest in DF lately, or anything else.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: September 29, 2011, 02:54:02 am »

well after spending hours on working up a infection command for adventure/fort mode I finally got back to playing adventure mode.
got ran out of town for accidentally bursting through a door and hitting serpent folk.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: September 29, 2011, 03:21:15 am »

Attempted to start as a Drazardman Outsider (Drazardman being a humanoid mod of a mod of a dragon that I've done. :P)
Worked brilliantly- the Drazardman tranced after being ambushed by Bogeymen and ripped them to shreds- then another night was saved by saltwater crocs who kept the bogeymen occupied while the adventurer defended himself against three.
They might be too strong though- even without trancing the Drazardman ripped bogeymen to shreds- (They're basically humanoid dragons the size of dwarves with no wings and no flight, or fire).

All in all, rousing success.

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: September 29, 2011, 01:21:35 pm »

I just snuck in to a lair and realized I probably didn't want to, because I saw a single square that had the butchered corpses of at least a dozen humans and goblins....

They haven't noticed me yet thankfully.

If they're already skinned anyway, is it evil for me to fashion leather armor out of their skin?

edit:  Aaaand they're literally known as "Nunore Nightdies the Murky Bones The Monster Of Evil".

....ffffffffffffffffffffffffff*screams in agony*
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:25:47 pm by Melissia »
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: September 29, 2011, 02:16:32 pm »

I was attacked by a scavenger bandit group and they all killed them selves.

Okay I can explain how this happen, so I was playing a modded genesis and dfhack running a command I made to convert wounded keepers into another race(what I had set for 'mage' a race of magical keepers).
From the reports of the battle I guess the scavenger group had a keeper crossbowman on their team and I must had spark his transformation which then he turn on his fellow mates for I guess due to being set to having no civ and that usually causes sentient creatures to aggro every one.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Melissia

• Bay Watcher
  • Confused noob having lots of fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: September 29, 2011, 04:00:35 pm »

Okay.

I've been sent out to kill "Nuspu Strapviper the Brush Titan".

This is either gonna rock awesomely, or suck hard.  Or suck awesomely.
"If a job is worth doing, it's worth dying for."
-- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 1104