Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102108 times)

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2910 on: September 09, 2011, 07:39:09 pm »

You must set fire to a plant using 'g' and then hope they stay around it, bet way to burn them is to enter sneak mode, ignite a plant beside a foe and wait him to burn, as people do not notice fire not burning, he'll die, all that will remain are the bones.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: September 09, 2011, 08:18:19 pm »

With my very old avernum mod I made a greatsword wielding avernite who went on a crusade against sliths. Tens of lizardmen fell under my blade and I was going on, tower by tower, not killing everyone. Just half or so of population. So they would remember my name and fear me - Spishab Windpillar the Sand of Severing.

Suddenly, there was a tower of sliths that didn't attacked me, bah, they chatted happily with me. When I asked for a quest, they told me to seek a guy in a temple somewhere around. So I went and began talking. Quite soon I found out why they weren't scared of me.

The temple was called Cathedral of Ageless Knights and their deity was a slith called Gudu Controlcall, associated with courage and war. My avernite was so moved by their passive resistance and display of bravery that he joined the cult and settled down.

Explanation: The dark tower with temple actually belonged to some other civ that my adventurer haven't harassed yet :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:22:26 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: September 09, 2011, 09:30:48 pm »

I'm going to go wage war on some random sand-man civ at some point. They always kill me some way or another, such as the war-leader stabbing my brains out with a SILVER knife, or a crossbowman 1shotting me from his tower. From behind.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: September 10, 2011, 01:06:08 pm »

Vanilla 31.25. I start as a goblin in a kobold hamlet (I modded entity files slightly). I 'T'ravel to the town, and massacre the shopkeepers. I snatch the dead guys' knives, then what I deem needed for survival. I escape to just beyond the outskirts, and 'T'ravel ONE DAMN TILE south, and I run into a lair. I think, "Huh. Maybe just some random night beastie. I'll go kill them.", stop travelling, and 'S'neak to the lair--a hole in the ground-- and walk in. I find a Cyclops. I hurl my spear at it, then the hatchets I stole, THEN the dead shopkeeper's knives. All they do is tear the skin or bruise the fat. I'm about to resort to chucking the large daggers at him. If that fails, I then throw the blow-darts at him. If THEY fail to cause significant damage, my last resort is to come up close and personal, grab him by the upper body, and stab him to death. Then claim the lair as my own. And continue to assault the surrounding settlements till the day is half over. Then drag the bodies to my lair.

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: September 10, 2011, 04:07:38 pm »

Dude, just stab it in the face. You can throw all the knives you want at him later.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Lainers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: September 10, 2011, 06:19:41 pm »

Really nothing... I'm walking and didn't find anything yet...

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: September 12, 2011, 01:03:33 pm »

What am I doing? Trying to find the shop where I bought the -iron longsword- that I forgot to pick up.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: September 12, 2011, 03:20:13 pm »

Hitting bonobos in the genitals with a carp bone trophy.

Then turning the buggers into some fancy boots.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: September 12, 2011, 08:52:02 pm »

I found a Minotaur Labyrinth. My companions killed the thing on the first level, and I'm exploring the rest of it without having it boom "I want your bones for my bone mill!", "I'll grind you into porridge!" or "I'll eat you whole!" every three steps.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: September 17, 2011, 02:08:11 am »

I was assaulting a bandit camp when I was distracted by 2 bandit guards. I attacked them, but the bandit leader shot an arrow into the back of my head. I ran out of the camp, clutching my head in pain.

But I returned... With a vengance. I was attacked by a windsword who I brutalised and began to strangle. A halberder came to his rescue, only to be pinned to a tree and beaten. I eventually snapped the swordsmans spine. I then turned my attention to the relatively combat-ready halberder. I whacked him so hard that my staff got embedded in his liver. I then got out my dagger, ready to stab him to death. I eventually stabbed him in the middle spine and left him to die, watching his agony.

He, and the windsword tried to escape, the windsword took his last breath soon after. I grabbed the halberder's naginita and carved a mortal wound into his flesh. A rib shattering upper body shot with his polarm. He bled to death soon after.

I eventually turned my attention to the warlord of the camp. I threw my knife at him. It missed horribly so I ran up to him and started beating him. I couldn't inflict a mortal, or even painful wound on him. I grabbed his bow before he could attack me. He was a lot stronger than, thus easily gaining control of his weapon back. He shot me square in the chest, tearing one of my lungs. I retreated, losing the battle again. As I re-entered the site, I cleared the arrow fragments from my lung. It was painful but worth it.

Once I was back at the camp, I was attacked by a hammerman who was easily disabled and killed by crushing his head. I eventually came across the leader AGAIN. This time, to his surprise, I dropped my weapon and shield. I produced an arrow from my backpack. The arrow that was embedded in my lung. I charged at the warlord, missing many times. I eventually stabbed him in the right lower leg, crippling him and leaving him open to attack. I missed again and again until, in a fit of rage, I threw my arrow at the leg that was wounded, opening an artery. I twisted the arrow in the wound and watched the smug grin fade from his face once he realised his days of murder and pillage are over.

I stabbed him in the stomach, tearing his guts. I then stabbed him in the chest, tearing the muscle. He passed out. I then stabbed him one more time in the upper body, shattering a rib, opening an artery and tearing a tendon. He bled out soon after.

I just gave him a warrior funeral. I poured his blood into a river and then threw him alongside his weapon and quiver into the river. His blood symbolises his fighting spirit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:13:01 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: September 18, 2011, 08:48:51 am »

Well, I was beginning to test SoundSense, starting up a legendary human in the arctic. I started towards the ocean, trying to walk it all the way to another continent. Eventually I had to sleep.

"You have found an expansive cave system deep underground!"

I woke up to a noise, the one you hear in the beginning animation when the dwarf gets killed by something. I looked at my character's description. He was some creature called a "Reacher". I discovered raw adamantine in the cave system, but since I had no pickaxe, I could not mine it.  I slept once more, awakened in the body of a lowly peasent. I decided to try again, but not before first stabbing a hunter on the way out. Eventually I decided to travel, but I was met once again with the same message:

"You have found an expansive cave system deep underground!"

This time, I woke up as a cave olm. I decided to save the game and tell others of this.

For the first time ever, I just did BODY SWAPPING.   :D

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: September 18, 2011, 11:06:43 am »

A group of bandits decided it would be a good idea to ambush me whilst hiding among angry elephants.

After the cry of "Tell the others it was the Durp of Durps if you survive!" I sat back and watched the bandit group get gored and trampled to death.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: September 20, 2011, 10:12:10 pm »

Using Civ Forge, I'm playing as a High Elf. I've been swimming in a river and came across a pack of 10+ Carp. So I decide to take them one-on-one somehow, and I hacked up their heads with my Void Crystal1 War Bow2 pretty good. I plan on butchering the corpses, picking up the meat and bones, and making the bones into useful things like weapons.

High Elves are more like vanilla humans than their woodland, in that they willingly use wood for fuel and housing, they mine for and use stone in constructing castles, they use metals for weapons and armor, and I have seen them use animal wool as clothing.

1Void Crystal is one of many, many new alchemical metals made and used in Civilization Forge.
2The War Bow is a High-Elf-Specific ranged weapon that has a dagger blade attached to the top, presumably to increase the archer's survival chances in hand-to-hand combat.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: September 21, 2011, 09:44:51 pm »

My modded "Corrupt" race makes adventure mode... interesting.  Their blood is molten iron and their eyes are perpetually aflame, so any non-magma-safe materials melt or ignite when I hold them.  Additionally, I boil blood splatters clean just by walking near, and bandit camp raids inevitably end in massive smoke, fire, and death.  Swimming is impossible because the water boils away almost instantly.  They are also very resistant to damage, as their bones and muscles are made of a very dense custom metal.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: September 21, 2011, 10:25:18 pm »

(drops out of fast travel mode)

"Alligator!"
*The Alligator has died of old age.*

Lulz.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1104