Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096045 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2850 on: August 28, 2011, 07:27:15 am »

I just got attacked by a swordsman. I slashed both of his hips and then cut off both of his arms in one turn (one was a chop to the right upper arm, the next one was a counterstrike to the left upper arm) and I then bisected him. Being a high master swordsman makes some pretty awesome moments.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: August 28, 2011, 09:02:40 am »

Genesis Mod

Sylvan Elf. SuperStrength.
I go into a wrestle (until Adept) with a wounded Dusk Elf (same size, different Ethics) and end up breaking her apart. Then this happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Three whole screens to the northwest. From dabbling to Adept...  :D

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: August 28, 2011, 09:31:36 am »

I thought you couldn't throw humanoids of a similar size, even with superelven strength. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: August 28, 2011, 11:26:26 am »

I advanced-genned a pocket world, took a human outsider, running Civ Forge and Wanderer's Friend, went to go kill a night beast with no help (no room for fortresses, or they all died), am going to make lots of pointy rocks and chuck 'em at incoming enemies.

EDIT: It was a Giant Lion, and I 1shotted the thing. I butchered it, gathered thread, knapped a needle, and turned the Giant Lion's skin into a Giant Lion leather backpack.

UPDATE: Me and my Dyansauri companions (two peasants and a crossbowman) were ambushed by a pack of wolves. I killed a couple, and butchered all the dead ones. We lost nobody. I promptly turned 3 skins into a leather armor, a leather cloak, and a leather water-skin. While we were on our way to a night-beast lair, we were ambushed by a high-elven group wearing armor with the symbol of a hobgoblin civilization. They started attacking each other, and we moved to try and kill the high-elves (perhaps they are slaves?).

UPDATE2: We were ambushed by normal goblins. I'm wrestling with a crossbowgoblin and my only question is, how do I wrestle a weapon out of an enemy's hand?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:19:57 pm by UristMcHuman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: August 28, 2011, 11:00:26 pm »

I thought you couldn't throw humanoids of a similar size, even with superelven strength.

I think Deon edited the size of the two elven civilizations. Not sure anyway, never expected that since the second one I tried to throw remained in place, although stunned.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: August 28, 2011, 11:18:17 pm »

Well I assassinated the dragon queen of my civilization and then while I was trying to flee across the ocean it decided to drop out from under itself (cavern glitch) and kill my framerate, so right now I am going about a step every twenty seconds. Fortunately I happened to be playing a flying creature so I didn't just fall to my death.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: August 29, 2011, 01:00:38 am »

Zetha Freshsnacks (The Enjoyment Of Panting) has been ambushed by The Swift Innocent Sparkles.
...I think I'm being ambushed by Twilight fans, perhaps my legendary biting has brought too much attention?
*sigh* time to give the fans what they want, I guess. Death By Biting It Shall Be!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: August 29, 2011, 01:26:41 am »

Zetha Freshsnacks (The Enjoyment Of Panting) has been ambushed by The Swift Innocent Sparkles.
...I think I'm being ambushed by Twilight fans, perhaps my legendary biting has brought too much attention?
*sigh* time to give the fans what they want, I guess. Death By Biting It Shall Be!

I find the Enjoyment of Panting very funny.  Do you notice how erratic and deep Bella's breathing patterns are throughout the movie?  You can hear for the entire duration of the movie, even when she's talking.  She's like some sort of female respiratory Darth Vader. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: September 01, 2011, 07:12:47 am »

Well, I genned a new world to scout out a mountain for my soon-to-be-created sword temple.
Exploring this place, it's pretty odd! First, I managed to find a very enthusiastic fellow adventurer in Ebe Golejamas, a hunter in my home village. She seems to be pretty skilled, too, even though the only thing she's actually killed herself was the bloodman I was sent to kill, who splashed apart in one shot, predictably. :P
We make a good team, though, with me sneaking into a night creature's lair as she fires at them, then I jump out from behind them and chop 'em in two with my scimitar.

Just now I'm in a fort named Abysssalves, which seems mostly empty apart from the human law-giver, her two-year-old son, and two ugly goblin prisoners, one a short, weak female and the other a corpulent male.
Should I recruit them? I'm not sure. I've been tasked by the law-giver to go kill some monster of darkness or other.

EDIT: Oh wow, the short, weak one was once the goblin general! :o Perhaps I should recruit them... I'll use Dwarf Therapist to check out her skills. :)

AnotherEDIT: Wait, what? Looking in Runesmith, it seems the male goblin is a completely-useless drunk... And the so-called 'general's highest skill is novice lying! Now, that's suspicious. Well, if nothing else, they should make decent meatshields! :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 07:26:19 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: September 01, 2011, 07:29:51 am »

Made a human character named C.H.U.D., with only hand to hand skills and ambushing, stripped him completely naked, and strangled the denizens of the nearby town in their sleep.  I would then live out in the wilderness, hunting a few turkies, destroying wolves, before a slight keyboard malfunction prevented me from saving him from a particularly determined wolf attack.  In the end, he had over twenty notable sleeping peasant kills, plus quite a few wolves and turkeys.  It was really fun. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: September 01, 2011, 07:52:05 am »

I've got an obsidian dwarfette (was actually aiming for a steel dwarf, but whatever, she's fine) who's managed to kill like seven night creatures and two minotaurs, and is about to fight a wyvern.

She started with a sun gold battle axe and a red steel shield. That axe lopped off each of a night creature's arms in one swing, and sent quite a few lower bodies sailing off in an arc.

I hadn't been very lucky before, but with this tough lady, I may be able to accomplish great things.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: September 01, 2011, 08:03:25 am »

Good luck, Comito! Man, I haven't tried Genesis in ages.
Anyway, I recruited the two lying goblins, along with a bunch of the Law-Giver's soldiers who were on wall duty, and set off.
We just killed Iquila Rufithiobi the Dusk Horror. I'm hoping that next time I speak to the Law-Giver, she'll send me to hunt down the beast that's been terrorising her family for years. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: September 01, 2011, 08:19:34 am »

Started off as a Sylvan, I came lucky with this one as the speed was of over 2000. No modding except for the fact that it is Genesis. She proved to be a very valuable asset, bringing down many night terrors.

Sadly, the world was too young to see thieves or bandits so all she had to kill from the start were night creatures and Bogeymen. Impossible for a novice archer but since elves are skilled in blade and bow...well...

Using the terrain and height, she quickly became known and honored throughout the land. The law-giver of the humans decided to kill her off by sending her alone to face the last marsh titan, with 35 kills under its belt he knew she would meet her demise.

Amala went on alone, with only a longbow and buckler. (Modded in a weak short sword slashing attack to the longbow, the buckler for Role-playing reasons. I guess I was lucky to get a lightning fast elf.) For days she trudged through the land, resting where safety lay. The mountains, blessed by the dwarves to keep any terror of the night at bay.

Then she came upon the shrine and sighted out the titan, pure black in color with two gigantic wings. It was flying in mid-air.

Damn, this was tough. It did actually have 35 kills, corpses were strewn across the paved shrine floor. She only had one singing arrow left and that was what she used as a weakening shot.

It hit the head and lopped it off in one blow, the body crashing on the rocks below.

The titan was made of ash...and it had thirty-five kills

Truly anticlimactic.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: September 01, 2011, 09:05:22 am »

From the Journal of Lipi Gospofenast, wandering swordsman, 13th of Malachite in the year 125.
Now comes the true test of my prowess. The brave, beautiful queen law-giver of Abysssalves has tasked me with removing a particularly troublesome bandit who has made camp not far to the northwest.
Their name is Usbu Jackalsnarl, an elite goblin crossbowman. A truly vile fiend to be sure.
I figure fighting this greenskin shall be a good test of loyalty for my new goblin companions, Stozu Devilfray and her 'steadfast' companion Ngebzo. Stozu claims she was the general of all goblin-kind before her capture by Abysssalves' soldiers, but she looks rather more of a scholarly type than a war-leader.
Intelligent too, for a goblin. I shall keep an eye on her. And her so-called bodyguard Ngebzo is a worthless, lazy lard-bucket, but they have not done anything untoward... Yet.
My good friend Ebe does not trust them one bit, but then she is wary of most strangers, bless her heart.
If they aid me in the coming battle, proving their alegiance to mankind, I shall trust them more fully.
Now, it is time to rest, then in the morning, we set out.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: September 01, 2011, 09:31:01 am »

What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 1104