Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095948 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2805 on: August 23, 2011, 05:14:33 am »

The one thing you hate when facing an angered bear or anything that can bite hard. They aim for your hands/feet first :/

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: August 23, 2011, 06:10:47 am »

The one thing you hate when facing an angered bear or anything that can bite hard. They aim for your hands/feet first :/
Yeah. I shouted "it's just a flesh wound!" at my monitor after that because my name was seriously "Komo Fleshywound"

Then I tackled down the bear and bashed his face in with my shield.

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: August 23, 2011, 07:17:26 am »

When nonlocalized paralysis takes effect the muscles stop working, I don't know why the lungs would fail before the heart but yeah it causes suffocation. It's easily the most dangerous syndrome, even total body necrosis can take a month to kill someone.

It kind of reminds me of fly spray.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: August 23, 2011, 06:44:52 pm »

A night creature bit me in the thumb and I passed out from pain. I was shook around and stabbed to death by him and his wife.

Wow, just wow.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: August 23, 2011, 06:55:45 pm »

Full set of Elementium armour (basically Adamantine, from the Civilization Forge mod)
Living legend swordmaster, 103 notable kills, 1000+ normal kills.

Get one hit killed by a bogeyman.

I swear to god if Bogeymen aren't removed (or at least made possible to remove without disabling all legit night creatures) I'm quitting this game.
*Cough* Runesmith *Cough*
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: August 23, 2011, 06:57:50 pm »

Full set of Elementium armour (basically Adamantine, from the Civilization Forge mod)
Living legend swordmaster, 103 notable kills, 1000+ normal kills.

Get one hit killed by a bogeyman.

I swear to god if Bogeymen aren't removed (or at least made possible to remove without disabling all legit night creatures) I'm quitting this game.
*Cough* Runesmith *Cough*
DFusion
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: August 23, 2011, 09:42:54 pm »

On my way to a shrine, I sleep right next to it and wake up to this:

Expert swordsman + 6 others, let's see who wins.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: August 24, 2011, 02:09:29 am »

Oh hey, goblin pilgrims :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: August 24, 2011, 08:17:19 am »

Zedku Justiceknife, my most successful adventurer is using children as target practice yet again.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: August 24, 2011, 09:00:50 am »

Ouch...

Well, that sucks.

PlutoniumApe

• Bay Watcher
  • they see me rollin'
    • View Profile
    • Stream Goblin
« Reply #2815 on: August 24, 2011, 09:42:48 am »

Started a medium sized world where I gave the kobolds the [no_eat] & [no_drink] tag so I would have the joy of actually seeing some again. It rejected a lot of attempts to generate the world in the first place (although it might have had to do with the very high number of civs&sites I enabled) and it generated so slow that I stopped at year 100.

Took a dwarven axeman and ripped through some creatures, also had 3 !!FUN!! kobold ambushes so far. But what really surprised me was this:

On two occasions I was sent out to kill a Dark Hag/Night Creature. Both of the times I stumbled into their lair only to find the whole families feasting on their victims. Both times facing around 10-12 in one small cave (luckily I brought some soldiers with me) I had the joy of slaughtering Night Creature/Dark Hag Children for the first time. Felt a little sorry when I had to chop their heads off.

Ever happened to you? I played my fair share of adventure mode and never encountered more than 1 Night Creature in their Cave. Also one creature had its Camp above the actual lair (10 tiles away from the entrance maybe) all with meat and loot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyways. Had all my soldiers slaughtered off in the wilderness by an elf ambush and am now hunted by bogeyman. Probably won't survive the night. Must be its revenge for me slaughtering off its precious children (The Night, that is).

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: August 24, 2011, 09:50:53 am »

Night beast children I'm OK with people killing. Adventurers killing regular children is what enrages me. Unless they belong to a civ other than your own, then I see it as declaring war on another civ.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2817 on: August 24, 2011, 12:38:16 pm »

AAAH-...ohh. Was playing around with a void tendril long sword (custom material, slightly better for swords than silver, and slightly worse for blunt.) and though I may as well test it out on some greater beast, a minotaur in this case. I got obliterated in 10 turns. Such is life as a test subject.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: August 24, 2011, 01:33:08 pm »

just found a wrestler that then attacked me, i droped all my weapons instantly and started grabbing and breaking all of his limbs before striping him compleatly of all his equipment and punching him in the upper torso till he suffocated, also just noticed 90% of my armor is "menaces with spikes" even my cape xD

slightly better for swords than silver, and slightly worse for blunt.
silver sucks for swords even compaired to iron, woulda been better off with iron
but silver is really nice for blunt
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:36:58 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: August 24, 2011, 01:55:55 pm »

Speaking of, apparently the blunt attacks for a silver sword don't do much. I've hit an enemy in the head with the flat of my silver longsword and it bruised the skin. Here's how it all went:

You slap The Swordsman in the head with the flat of your silver long sword, bruising the skin!
The Swordsman strikes You in the head with the pommel of his copper scimitar, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
You have been knocked unconsious!
You have been struck down.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 1104