Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095977 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2790 on: August 19, 2011, 10:31:22 am »

I got a task to report the death of a bandit. I JUST started that guy, too.

I'm gonna go to where the all-famous Jasro Wealthstood the Ripe Armor of Soaking now resides. Only problem is, HE'S ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BLOODY OCEAN FROM ME!!! Fortunately, all I have to do is trek several hundred miles around a relatively large bay, possibly enduring many bandit ambushes along the route. Then I have to go through several settlements and potentially many more soldiers whilst passing through fortresses. I'll post a journal-style reply every once in a while.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: August 19, 2011, 10:32:50 am »

I'm gonna go to where the all-famous Jasro Wealthstood the Ripe Armor of Soaking now resides. Only problem is, HE'S ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BLOODY OCEAN FROM ME!!! Fortunately, all I have to do is trek several hundred miles around a relatively large bay, possibly enduring many bandit ambushes along the route. Then I have to go through several settlements and potentially many more soldiers whilst passing through fortresses. I'll post a journal-style reply every once in a while.

Sounds cool, keep us posted. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: August 19, 2011, 11:58:20 am »

I crossed the frozen ocean to assassinate one of my old adventurers, I wound up strangling a sea serpent after my weapons failed to do significant damage.

Plank of Wood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 19, 2011, 03:20:01 pm »

I crossed the frozen ocean to assassinate one of my old adventurers, I wound up strangling a sea serpent after my weapons failed to do significant damage.

john freeman dropped his gun. "i need to kill fast and BULLET TOO SLOW!" and then john freeman started to punch with his bare fist.

Oh lol.
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
They're like little bearded corals.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 21, 2011, 10:09:09 am »

Anyhow, Ki Bearspasms the werewolf was a fine wrestler who had slain a pack of jackals, quite a few brook trolls, a named wolf and a named grizzly bear. His next assignment? Bandits.
So, he trods off to the nearest bandit camp, and it ends up that the bandits are friendly. After all, they stabbed his companion to death, so why not befriend them? Ki recruited about five bandits, and set off to the next camp.
This one had goblins. The two bandit groups ended up fighting a civil war, and I leave the place with only one bandit.
When I reach the camp I was tasked to destroy, the leader comes up and speaks to me. We have a pleasant conversation, then I strangle her to death. Sure enough, my companion turns on me. I kill him, but end up wounded. Two of the human bandits came by to finish me off.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: August 21, 2011, 12:32:41 pm »

I've recently started my first peasant adventurer, Vost Lawflight. I've usually done heroes since I'm kind of a candy ass like that, but so far this isn't strictly ending in disaster.

Vost mostly lucked out in the beginning; he didn't really have much behind-the-scenes training before getting into the fray. His first fight ever was just against some wolf that became a civ enemy somehow, and from there he went straight to fighting bandits. His only companion was one Asri Dragonlands, who got recruited straight from his departure location. There was a really good swordsman known as Atir Earthbushel for a short while, but he got shot in the heart by ambushing dwarfs not long into his career. Somehow Vost never received any serious injuries, and eventually developed into someone as competent as most of my heroes. Asri on the other hand got fucked up after half a dozen fights and couldn't hold her mace, instead electing to bash enemies with her shield and getting really good at it.

Eventually he got his first task from a lord, and had to set out to kill a minotaur. After getting a little lost and stumbling upon a night creature spouse's lair instead he eventually found his prey. This is where I expected him to get creamed but he stood his ground. The battle wasn't as clean as I had hoped it would be, and involved a lot of getting knocked around and at more slamming into walls than I ever want to happen, but once again he succeeded in victory without serious injury. Even Asri only lost a tooth from her minimal involvement.

Hyped after his victory, Vost once again looked to the lord and got word of a hydra. He had already heard of Kas Cleanvomits the Climax of Saviors, but now it was time for rubber to meet the road. Because he wasn't quite that cocky he recruited an axeman and spearman from the fortress before setting out, knowing full well that a hydra was nothing like a mere minotaur.

And indeed it wasn't.

The first move went to Kas, who immediately sunk its fangs into Vost's sword hand and tore it clean off. He had not even had the chance to strike and already he was both disarmed and seriously injured. He swapped out his shield to take up his scimitar and rejoined the fray, hoping to fell the beast before he passed out from bloodloss or some such. His was the most grievous injury inflicted upon the adventurers, but the hydra put up one hell of a struggle nonetheless. Eventually the great beast did succumb to its wounds though, bringing Vost greater glory with the sacrifice of his hand.

And thus does the tale presently end. Or rather, the story has yet to resume. Surely this is not the end of Vost's crusade.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: August 22, 2011, 01:35:42 pm »

So while looking for more royals to steal I stumble into a room filled with a general, a swordmaster law-giver and human.
I ask the general about his family only to find out he in fact the son of the lady I stole earlier, given that he had younger sons and daughters he does not want to talk about.
he did mention a sister who was attacked and survived.
While I was working around the room the law-giver was also the brother of the General and had the same issue with the new siblings.
the swordmaster wasn't related but the human I saw in the back was the sister of the the General was talking about.
So I go and enlist the Sword master and walk away knowing I mess up the royal family tree enough. then the weirdest thing happen, the general ran out the fort like a Giant Bat out of Hell.
then in battle of wolves I found out the Swordmaster was in fact an Intern the very said race I turn the Lady into, so I put two and two together and figured The General ran out under fear of being converted into a egg laying human.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: August 22, 2011, 02:48:10 pm »

Playing around as an eyeless serpent demon with a poisonous bite. I just have a question: When I bite someone and inject them with extract, does that actually have an effect on that person? Will they actually die later on if I leave them there?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: August 22, 2011, 03:07:21 pm »

I found a demon who took control of a human civilization. Cut his head off in one stroke but apparently had poisonous blood as well as fire. My adventurer is about 1/4 his usual speed and he starts vomiting every few seconds.
Playing around as an eyeless serpent demon with a poisonous bite. I just have a question: When I bite someone and inject them with extract, does that actually have an effect on that person? Will they actually die later on if I leave them there?
Whether they actually die or not depends on what your syndrome is. You probably won't notice unless it's paralysis that causes them to suffocate because Adventure mode happens much slower than fortress mode.

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: August 22, 2011, 04:53:44 pm »

Whether they actually die or not depends on what your syndrome is. You probably won't notice unless it's paralysis that causes them to suffocate because Adventure mode happens much slower than fortress mode.
Ah. That explains why a bandit leader suffocated after I bit him in the pancreas.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: August 22, 2011, 05:09:20 pm »

ran around as a all on striker demigod for a wile and punched things in the head till i found an aligator that bit off my leg and then killed me

i did pretty well with the punching, mostly one hit kills.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: August 22, 2011, 06:24:37 pm »

Ah. That explains why a bandit leader suffocated after I bit him in the pancreas.
When nonlocalized paralysis takes effect the muscles stop working, I don't know why the lungs would fail before the heart but yeah it causes suffocation. It's easily the most dangerous syndrome, even total body necrosis can take a month to kill someone.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: August 22, 2011, 08:18:57 pm »

HOUR THREE OF THE EPIC ADVENTURES OF MR FLESHYWOUND

Log One: "Good Thing I'm Ambidextrous"

acepie413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: August 23, 2011, 12:40:59 am »

After slaughtering my starter town with my bare hands and some rocks, I decided to swim across a river.
What I didn't know, was I couldn't get the f*ck out of the river.
After swimming downstream and having an encounter with 3 sea lamprey and a sturgeon, the sturgeon taking off my right leg, my left hand, and my left lower arm, the ice froze around me and I died. Another random sturgeon all the way upstream died too.

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: August 23, 2011, 04:52:13 am »

Full set of Elementium armour (basically Adamantine, from the Civilization Forge mod)
Living legend swordmaster, 103 notable kills, 1000+ normal kills.

Get one hit killed by a bogeyman.

I swear to god if Bogeymen aren't removed (or at least made possible to remove without disabling all legit night creatures) I'm quitting this game.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 1104