Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095706 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2655 on: July 24, 2011, 04:13:41 am »

(Genesis Mod)

Tis' a sad day when you know you can kill dragons and its kin, you know you can kill titans, you know you can strike a headshot with your bow and arrow from 15 tiles away. And then it happens...

All these thoughts coursed through my mind, especially those of my last moments.

I was attacked and ambushed by dragon raptors, no match for bow and blade. A dusk elf did not fall so easily. A few steps out of the conflict and I get ambushed by goblins, 10 to 1. Sneak and snipe was my tactic then, my blade to finish off those too incapacitated by my arrows. Then as I neared a cliff side I get ambushed by harpies, it was truly beautiful seeing their bodies plummet 5 or so z-levels riddled with my arrow shafts.

And in that time I managed to corner a doe rabbit, as I peered down the cliff edge the rabbit decided it had enough of me.

It tried to bite me in the leg despite my armor. By utter reflex I dodged it.

What I didn't take in was the fact that I was standing near a cliff face, one of the tallest cliffs in the world.

Well, at least I had time to make my peace.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: July 24, 2011, 01:20:55 pm »

Some how I found out a way to get control of friendly military units using DFmode. Some how the fort site will keep track of your military squads if you retire the place.
I guess this means I don't need to worry about feeding them and I can make some of them companions who will train.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: July 24, 2011, 01:38:09 pm »

Take-downs are so effective, I killed two night monsters by taking them down and repeatedly stabbing them with my knife.

Also, my fourth finger is broken, torn open AND infected, what can I do?
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: July 24, 2011, 03:22:19 pm »

Take-downs are so effective, I killed two night monsters by taking them down and repeatedly stabbing them with my knife.

Also, my fourth finger is broken, torn open AND infected, what can I do?
retire and have someone bite it off,
retire in an active fortress and hope you made a good hospital,
Die.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Synthet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: July 24, 2011, 03:33:54 pm »

I have eventually gotten good enough to kill titans, dragons and so on but for some reason everyone has went hostile to me. I just want to retire somewhere now that my character has grown on me a bit, still looking for somewhere peaceful though.
Anyone else had this problem to?

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: July 24, 2011, 09:29:33 pm »

retire in an active fortress and hope you made a good hospital

How could I do that? I can't play adventure mode while I have an ongoing fort.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: July 25, 2011, 12:47:12 am »

retire in an active fortress and hope you made a good hospital

How could I do that? I can't play adventure mode while I have an ongoing fort.
Make a good hospital and retire it, though you shouldn't if you happen to have the adventurer on a different continent because then you have to swim all the way over to the fort site.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: July 25, 2011, 04:54:21 am »

New adventure, going to my very own dungeon filled with traps to kill my hapless adventurers.

The reward? Masterwork Cotton Candy armor and weapons (I had an elite Smith) in the last room.

The problem? Rooms of levers and linked floodgates, cave-in traps, trapped monsters (due to abandoning during a siege) and best of all, it is in the caverns :D. This is a dungeon to behold!

And the slab at the entrance warns of what you will be facing (engraved is a name of a titan...)

Hello GCS!

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: July 25, 2011, 06:29:39 am »

Finally had my very first real Adventuremode Game in DF. I Chose a Minotauroutsider as my Avatar and set out. Completed 4 Quests as a Start where i killed 2 Elve Outlaws, a Troglodyte and a Jackal (seriously, your problem is a Jackal? i saw a Horde of pillaging Demons the Next hill over and you want me to go kill a Jackal?)

After that i got bored by these easy requests and set out to the next Fort. Picked up a bunch of Companions and killed around 15 Brooktrolls on my way back. A while later i got ambushed by Demons, which killed of my Companions but ignored me (appearantly Minotaurs and Demons are BFFs). Then i went west, traveled for days and killed tons of Wildlife, but there werent any Villages or Forts.

Got ambushed by Raptors and Dragon Raptors, managed to kill them but suffered a Mortal Wound, funny enough after 8 hours of sleep it was all better and i could go on. Half a day later i was ambsuhed by Raptors again, managed to take half of em down before they sorrounded me and got a few hits in. At that time i had reached Legendary Spearman, Dodger and Fighter, and again i managed to take all Enemies down with suffering some Wounds. Slept them off and traveled on. Then i checked my healtscreen for the first time, and saw that my wounds werent healed completely by just sleeping. So i searched a Village to maybe find a Doctor that could help me. But there wasnt one single Village in the West. Shortly after i decided to go back where i started i got ambushed by Raptors and Dragon Raptors AGAIN, and i started to wonder how many of these things actually still exist in these parts after me killing around 70 of them allready. The Dragon Raptors went down quite fast, and then i did something awesome but stupid, threw my Spear after one of the Raptors, sure he died but i didnt have a Weapon anymore.

But i said to myself "hey youre a damn Minotaur, im sure they have some Muscles to Wrestle with", and yes they do in fact have some Muscles. Smashed the Head of the first Raptor that attacked me in, Bodyslamed the Second to the Ground and tried to reach my Spear. Around 6 Raptors where gnawing at my Legs and trying to bite off my arms, after reaching my Spear i took 3 of them down without Problems. After seeing how mighty Wrestling can be i started to occasionaly punch while fighting instead of just stabbing with the Spear, which worked quite nicely. Sadly even  more Raptors and their Dragon Raptor Cousins showed up, i dont know how much my Minotaur killed in the End before loosing both Arms and then bleeding to Death. So much awesome in my first Adventure, im probably gonna play that more often from now on  :D Hope you enjoyed the read.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: July 25, 2011, 06:59:21 am »

Nice story, can you make another one just as epic? 

P.S. This is genesis mod, right? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2665 on: July 25, 2011, 09:10:26 am »

New adventure, going to my very own dungeon filled with traps to kill my hapless adventurers.

The reward? Masterwork Cotton Candy armor and weapons (I had an elite Smith) in the last room.

The problem? Rooms of levers and linked floodgates, cave-in traps, trapped monsters (due to abandoning during a siege) and best of all, it is in the caverns :D. This is a dungeon to behold!

And the slab at the entrance warns of what you will be facing (engraved is a name of a titan...)

Hello GCS!
Don't forget to turn Adventure mode traps on.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: July 25, 2011, 09:43:36 am »

lost 2 dwarves in a camel attack so much blood tracked into the area.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: July 25, 2011, 02:17:41 pm »

I have recruited an swordsman who worships Hal, a God of valor and victory. He is quite ferocious in combat, felling 3 bandits by himself ( and killing more later on). Now he gives praises to war or that life is war, truly a great worshipper of Khorne Hal. It seems his skills are superior to my current adventurer, this is the longest surviving and strongest companion I had in a while.

Oh did I mention, that he really likes to decapitate his enemies?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:35:21 pm by Isa »

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: July 25, 2011, 02:41:12 pm »

My guy is a wrestler and a biter, his favourite sport is called "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD"

MetalGear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: July 25, 2011, 05:23:01 pm »

My most successful adventurer so far (a human swordsman) received a quest from a lord to slay a mountain titan in a shrine far-far away. I gathered 17 companions and embarked on the journey. Along the way, we had to travel across mountains, so no fast travel. That's when the weirdness started to happen. One-by-one my companions started disappearing. I can only presume that they couldn't keep up and got lost in the darkness to be torn apart by the bogeymen. By the time we reached the shrine, there were only 12 of us left, including myself. The titan itself was made of water and got killed in a single strike from one of my companions. Strangely, the ground of the shrine was covered in dwarf and kobold corpses, which left my wandering how they could have possibly died. We spent the night in the shrine and left the next day. On our way back, my companions started disappearing again. By the time we reached the safety of the plains, there was only one person remaining besides myself - a human swordsman (swordswoman actually).

So, in conclusion:

Men lost to bandit ambushes: 0
Men lost to wildlife: 1 (No, bowman, hitting the yak with your bow isn't going to work)
Men lost to AI stupidity: 15

And they were humans, not dwarves, so they don't even have the excuse of being drunk...
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 1104