Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095835 times)

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2625 on: July 19, 2011, 09:49:58 pm »

Something weird happened to me in my most recent adventurer. I chose to start as a dwarf hand-to-hand fighter. Being a proper dwarf, I sold my starting weapons for a barrel of longland beer at the first human town I could find and drank as much of it as I could. After I left the shop I noticed that the game seemed to be running slowly and soon realized it was because my dwarf had a speed of less than 300. Immediately after drinking the booze he was fine but as soon as he was deprived of it he slowed to a crawl. He wasn't lying down or sneaking and it wasn't fixed by sleeping or traveling.

So what is this, some weird glitch that causes booze deprivation to take effect in adventure mode? Now that my dwarf's beard has felt the sweet taste of alcohol is it punishing my dwarf for every moment he is not drinking?
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: July 19, 2011, 10:01:55 pm »

Might it have something to do with the heavy barrel of beer you're lugging around?
*Hugs*

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: July 19, 2011, 10:47:59 pm »

No, I dropped it after accidentally emptying all the beer in my backpack and then spilling it all on the floor trying to get it back in the barrel. The only other explanation I can think of is that when I crawled under the human blocking the doorway the speed got 'stuck' causing the dwarf to permanently walk at crawling speed.

After having a wrestling match with a bandit I got him up to high agility with a speed of 300.
                        - Random human lord

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: July 19, 2011, 10:50:02 pm »

Did you buy a crutch at any point?
*Hugs*

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: July 19, 2011, 10:58:14 pm »

Oh, I guess that was it then, weird. So there's a bug that causes adventurers to walk as if they are using a crutch even when the crutch is stored in their backpack or dropped on the ground? I guess I'll just have to train his crutch walking skill. Does this mean that I won't need a crutch equipped if I lose a leg?
                        - Random human lord

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: July 19, 2011, 11:24:03 pm »

If you take it in your hand and drop it from there the penalty is removed.
*Hugs*

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: July 20, 2011, 06:37:13 am »

I killed two wicked brutes that I was given to kill as an earlier adventurer and I found a HUGE boatload of butchering products from humans, goblins, and elves, as well as a few random tools used to butcher the poor victims (though I think the goblins deserved it). I thought. "What a shame to leave all this perfectly good meat out here to rot". So I picked it all up, but then it hit me, that I could drop all the stuff I picked up, 'T'ravel to the closest collection of hovels, retire for a while, and take that same lair as a fort. It came with a pre-installed quern, table and cauldron, thanks to the former residents.

The odd thing is, a lair isn't supposed to have light, right? Well, as I came in, I could see as well as I could OUTside, despite the lair being INside, DARK and UNDERground.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: July 20, 2011, 11:20:31 am »

Started a Goblin Adventure,(friendly gobbos mod I'm working on), I was sent to kill an overlord, but all of the bandits are friendly,( if I kill them will the humans be angry wth me?)
Now their telling me to kill their leader and bring them to justice.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:23:03 am by UltraValican »
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: July 20, 2011, 01:41:38 pm »

Started a Goblin Adventure,(friendly gobbos mod I'm working on), I was sent to kill an overlord, but all of the bandits are friendly,( if I kill them will the humans be angry wth me?)

If you kill certain things even bandits of populations that consider you a hero will not attack (even when they ambush). If you start something with one of the leader's men or the leader himself, you will be attacked by everyone, regardless of whether they gave you the mission to kill him or not.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: July 20, 2011, 01:46:14 pm »

If you kill certain things even bandits of populations that consider you a hero will not attack (even when they ambush). If you start something with one of the leader's men or the leader himself, you will be attacked by everyone, regardless of whether they gave you the mission to kill him or not.

Thanks for the advice but lets just say that my naked goblin adventurer gave them what they want  8)
For some reason though every bandit I meet won't start sh*t with me till I slice some grunts head off.
--
Also my adventurer finally made some pants his size.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: July 21, 2011, 11:10:34 am »

Today, I started a Sylvan Elf Spearman, just for a change.

Was sent at a Monster Bridegroom of Evil, that wielded a zinc carving knife. After a single round of combat, I'd broken his leg with my wooden spear and he'd effectively owned one of my hands.

In fear, I ran from the cave and sprinted around the forest, setting bushes and forests alight whilst picking up rocks and hurling them pitifully.

Nothing was working. I bruised him a little, but nothing else.

Just as I was giving up hope, a group of five brook trolls appeared and charged me.

Being the best player ever at this game, I dive out of the way at just the right time for the Brook Trolls and the Monster Bridgegroom to engage in combat, saving my hide!

The Bridgegroom single-handedly took out every single troll in an epic epic battle. Then I stepped, and it obliterated me in a single stab.

I plan to hunt it, and then burn it, as a future adventurer. Story of my life.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:12:44 am by Lycus »
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: July 21, 2011, 11:19:27 am »

Being the best player ever at this game, I dive out of the way at just the right time for the Brook Trolls and the Monster Bridgegroom to engage in combat, saving my hide!

A similar thing happened to me the other day. I finally thought I was toast, after making a lot of my own bone armor and leather clothes and a boar-tusk spear (I threw my copper weapons away at start and refused to buy things, and I knocked a boar tusk off and was able to make a spear) I was doing pretty well - I carved up a rusted armor suit monster-thing for some ok plate and a decent sword - when two dragon raptors ambushed me and had me running scared (they are not named dragon raptors because they are slow). Then I ran toward the water and 10 or so brook trolls came at us. I maneuvered around and watched the epic beatdown, coming in behind the raptors to keep them from totally dominating. It was epic, and still I just barely won when the raptors were rendered unconscious.

So I got a dragon raptor spear and some decent dragonscale backups for my rusted armor breastplate.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 21, 2011, 11:35:34 am »

I decided to visit a fortress I recently abandoned. Unfortunately it looked like everything of value was looted. Just a bit of goblinite laying around. One of the forgotten beasts that was locked in the caverns managed to find a way inside. I snuck up close to him and lobbed a few bolts which did a bit of damage. I got bold and snuck up right next to him and surprisingly got several good hits in with my bronze sword before he noticed me. He had already taken enough damage that he didn't stand much of a chance and I finished him off quickly.

It was getting dark so I decided to stay the night in the fortress which went by without incident. With everything explored I decided it was time to leave. Then a strange thing happened that I had never seen before. As I was leaving my old chief medical dwarf showed up. I told him about how I killed the forgotten beast (and I also took credit for killing another forgotten beast apparently) and he was thoroughly impressed. Didn't seem interested in talking about anything else though. Then the mayor showed up. I followed them downstairs and found them hanging out in the old dining hall.

Several other dwarves gradually started showing up. It was weird, like the fortress was rebuilding itself before my very eyes now that all the threats were eliminated.

Lycus

• Bay Watcher
  • Death is just another form of winning.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: July 21, 2011, 12:18:43 pm »

I just started a Keeper Outsider in the genesis mod.

He was equally skilled in Spear, Knife & Throwing.

Almost immediately upon descending into the wilderness to sneak into a bandit camp, a Demon of Lust Swordsman sees him. They fought EPICALLY, with my guy slaying the demon without a single wound to himself, using a careful balance of organ-piercing spear attacks and limb-slicing knife attacks. I'm so proud of this guy. He will go far. Unless he dies in the next five minutes :P

EDIT: The demon had buddies. They obliterated my guy. I am sad.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:25:15 pm by Lycus »
Whilst I may not be the most successful Adventurer, I have a lot of fun dying.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: July 21, 2011, 03:42:41 pm »

I think I just had my first encounter with a black knight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 1104