Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095983 times)

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2580 on: July 08, 2011, 07:23:48 am »

What mod makes people fight each other? :o

Do you mean like war or a mod that makes all characters kill each other (like a bunch of civilians in a house start attacking each other)

The guy you're quoting from wrote that over a year ago... but I hope someone can answer this.

I started a new game in genesis and the 2nd quest (the first one was to kill a lynx) landed me at this camp with literally 40 people, a strange mix of elves and orcs who I thought maybe would fight each other (they didn't, they all stood around). Needless to say when I attacked the leader it turned real bad real fast. Not sure if this is a genesis bug or what.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: July 08, 2011, 10:21:49 am »

What mod makes people fight each other? :o

Do you mean like war or a mod that makes all characters kill each other (like a bunch of civilians in a house start attacking each other)

The guy you're quoting from wrote that over a year ago... but I hope someone can answer this.

Hmm, if only I remembered what I meant back then :P

Prolly much meant that every civ was at war with some other civ, except those elves I mentioned.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: July 08, 2011, 10:47:43 am »

Returned to a large fort I had properly retired to use as a supply depot. Since all the FB's were sealed in the caverns, I figured it was safe. first being I encountered was a FB I thought was sealed away. I ran. Ran into another that was also supposed to be in the caverns mauling some dwarves. Threw rocks at a safe distance at it till the dwaves killed it.
 Meanwhile the old residents of the fort behaved like the residents did in Mountain Homes in previous versions. While waiting for the FB's to wander off, picked up some candy furniture from a old stockpile. I found out then you can store stuff in armor and weapon racks, as well as chests!! When the rack/chest is filled, just drop it where you want it positioned. Remove items from the chests as needed.  This will not work with constructed furniture, just ones never placed, other than a stockpile
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: July 08, 2011, 09:48:28 pm »

Great fun.
I just got a modded lesser dragon as a companion through excessive use of rune-smith and adding the intelligent tag. She's been gloriously overpowered despite still being only 600k-2.5 million body size. Roasted a whole family of nightcreatures.
Now to go get me some dragonmen...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dizzard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: July 09, 2011, 06:18:49 am »

Oh right.

A mod that made civilians fight and attack each other (without your input) would be neat though. Like a deathmatch on a worldwide scale. :D

Dizzard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: July 09, 2011, 06:19:17 am »

Edit: Posted by accident, sorry. :S

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: July 09, 2011, 09:19:46 am »

i'm building a fort where i will trap creatures with a mechanism to drop them onto a massive platform surrounded by lava, then i will return as an adventurer to wrestle them into the lava.

LordExumius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: July 09, 2011, 05:40:58 pm »

I recently gennned a world with a terrifying ocean (so it looks like a murky pool) I'm going to start an adventure and swim across it, though I fear it may be more Fun than I can handle.

iyaerP

• Bay Watcher
  • has mandated the production of 3 gold shields.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: July 09, 2011, 07:12:50 pm »

I recently gennned a world with a terrifying ocean (so it looks like a murky pool) I'm going to start an adventure and swim across it, though I fear it may be more Fun than I can handle.

I did something similar to that once. Never saw a single creature in my entire swim across the ocean. Did end up getting frozen to death one night as I went too far north tho.
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then youkill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
Dwarf Fortress: So horrifying the players would rather talk about nice things, like Warhammer 40k.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: July 09, 2011, 09:31:43 pm »

I did something similar to that once. Never saw a single creature in my entire swim across the ocean. Did end up getting frozen to death one night as I went too far north tho.

I clicked on your "are you dwarves or elves" sig post and finally spoiled it for myself! I was nearing the adamantine and just about to find out when I put my fortress on hold.

But that sig quote was so f*cking totally worth it.

Anyway, my mix of orc and elves due to tomitapio's adjustments to genesis was awesome. Took me a real life day to take out 63 dudes. It was my 2nd quest so saved me a lot of running around. I start as a peasant (max agility and dodge, no weapon skills) and don't buy stuff or hoard stuff (necessary to buy stuff so this is redundant to say I guess) and my char came out on the upper end of skills and the loot in the middle was a massive hoard of black steel and sun gold armor.

The archery enhancements really made a difference in making it a hard task. A core of guys sat in the middle of the treasure hoard firing while the guys on the outside would pounce. Additionally, people would get wounded and run off, only to run back in (or start firing) from the opposite side, and thereby tearing me up. Eventually most of the enemies ran out of ammo and I was able to snipe my way through the last few and take out the rest. I died a few dozen times, of course, I can't help but use ctrlaltdel and end process, but that's why I don't allow myself to buy (other than a backpack) - and I'm not at the point where I want to keep restarting peasants just because some bastard got a lucky bone chip in (tho my char's ear is crushed and infected, and I will probably die before I get around to having another char bite it off).

Legendary fighter,
Master spearman

A little later I found a masterwork sickle sword so I started training that up as well. I'm annoyed tho, no matter how much you work at it fighter will typically be most advanced unless you started with a weapon skill, so I always show up as a recruit.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:40:19 pm by Isher »

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: July 09, 2011, 09:51:57 pm »

I'm a swordself that picked up an axeman and a bowman. Both were female. I'm setting out to a town far to the north to see what civilization they belong to. If not my human one, I'll kill 'em all and loot their shops. I hope to find at least a copper shortsword, bronze scimitar, iron longsword and bronze spear. Then I'll kill the civ.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: July 09, 2011, 11:46:32 pm »

BURN THE ELF! BURN IT!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: July 09, 2011, 11:57:28 pm »

BURN THE ELF! BURN IT!
I can't help but feel that this might have some tenuous connection to a similar post about depriving them of weapons in the Fortress Mode forum...
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: July 10, 2011, 12:14:21 am »

So I start an adventure, hoping to kill a demon who had fooled the humans into making it their law-giver. After checking all the forts on my side of the world I realize that it must rule the civilization at the Northwest corner of the map. I decide to swim around the edge of world to get there because it seemed like a good chance to train up swimming and ambushing and I had been meaning to find out what the edge of the world looked like. So I put something heavy on my arrow keys and went off to do something. I come back several minutes later to find that the game is waiting for me to go through two pages of "You are melting!", wtf?. My adventurer bled to death shortly after.

I have no idea why that happened. I don't remember changing the temperature max, and I've never seen people start melting in normal worlds unless they are standing in fire or magma.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: July 10, 2011, 07:01:04 am »

BURN THE ELF! BURN IT!

Ehh... He took an iron bolt through the heart and promptly bled out last night. Or was that someone else...? I dunno.

Well, are you happy now??? He was ambushed by bogeymen and was kicked in the head.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:38:53 am by UristMcHuman »
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1104