Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096278 times)

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2415 on: June 12, 2011, 06:26:27 am »

Fucking bear managed to charge me and shred a tendon causing my previously legendary in all fields character to be fucking useless fuck, fucking...
Hello.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: June 12, 2011, 08:08:59 am »

I was getting very annoyed by random deaths while waiting near a groundhog to train up my dodge/shield/armour use skills, the last time this happened it was by a wolf coming to see me while I was afk, this time I watched the screen and there comes another wolf.

Well, I was still pretty pissed off at what happened last time, so this poor fucked got to feel my frustration.

So, I joint-locked all of it's legs, broke all 4 Knees, then grabbed both eyes and pinched them causing the eyes to sail off in arcs, now it's laying there next to my groundhog (which had been trying to kill me with all of it's little heart for the past hour) gaining conciousness, and almost immediately succumbing to mindrape levels of pain, it can't move, it can't see, and I bruised some of it's innards too just because it put up a bit of fight beforehand.

I'm going to use it as a throttling doll later to train my wrestling up to legendary, making sure not to completely suffocate the thing before I'm done, then I'll probably break/pinch every part of it to break/shatter/chip bones and then it'd likely die of blood loss.

I've been trying to get adventurers to level themselves up a bit for the past day and these random guests have been doing this, but now revenge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I imagined the whining sounds of the dog as it's shaking on the floor with no eyes and broken limbs and my heart sank a little, I'm now a little worried about what I do when I rage...

Just pinched off the nose and ear, fainted from pain, heavy bleeding but it stopped with her looked pale, she can't take much more blood loss so I';; have to just break things from now on.
Hang on... You didn't grab the eyes, you grabbed the eye TEETH. They're also known as canine teeth.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: June 12, 2011, 08:21:07 am »

I had a guy called Rob the Hunter, a spearman, and he would just stay in the middle of the wilderness, waiting for big cats like lions and cougars to jump him.  He would then skewer them, butcher them, and then eat their heart and sweetbread.  Unfortunately, I lost the use of my legs after one encounter, and then after that, a cougar ( or leopard, not sure ) attacked me and bled my dry. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: June 12, 2011, 09:33:08 am »

I was getting very annoyed by random deaths while waiting near a groundhog to train up my dodge/shield/armour use skills, the last time this happened it was by a wolf coming to see me while I was afk, this time I watched the screen and there comes another wolf.

Well, I was still pretty pissed off at what happened last time, so this poor fucked got to feel my frustration.

So, I joint-locked all of it's legs, broke all 4 Knees, then grabbed both eyes and pinched them causing the eyes to sail off in arcs, now it's laying there next to my groundhog (which had been trying to kill me with all of it's little heart for the past hour) gaining conciousness, and almost immediately succumbing to mindrape levels of pain, it can't move, it can't see, and I bruised some of it's innards too just because it put up a bit of fight beforehand.

I'm going to use it as a throttling doll later to train my wrestling up to legendary, making sure not to completely suffocate the thing before I'm done, then I'll probably break/pinch every part of it to break/shatter/chip bones and then it'd likely die of blood loss.

I've been trying to get adventurers to level themselves up a bit for the past day and these random guests have been doing this, but now revenge.

I imagined the whining sounds of the dog as it's shaking on the floor with no eyes and broken limbs and my heart sank a little, I'm now a little worried about what I do when I rage...

Just pinched off the nose and ear, fainted from pain, heavy bleeding but it stopped with her looked pale, she can't take much more blood loss so I';; have to just break things from now on.
Hang on... You didn't grab the eyes, you grabbed the eye TEETH. They're also known as canine teeth.

In the wrestle selection it said eye, though when I pinched them and they popped out it said eye teeth so I don't know, either way that wold was in a whole world of pain.
Hello.

Dent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: June 12, 2011, 10:38:11 am »

I became a hero in the land of whateveritscalled, and then I FOOLISHLY decided to venture into the subterranean world. Now I'm lost and, except for three giant rats that I killed when I first entered, completely alone. I can't find ANY life beyond plant matter. All I wanted was to bring some animal men back to the surface, now I have to give in to starvation.

Put

• Bay Watcher
  • Vwoosh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: June 12, 2011, 12:57:59 pm »

Rushing to the nearest village against the setting sun, I was ambushed by a Maul carrying Human. He made the usual "Tell them it was the blahdiblahblahs, if you live!". We walked towards each other, each of us determined to make sure it was the other's last day. He then dropped dead right in front of me.

It was the most anticlimactic fight I've ever had.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: June 12, 2011, 02:48:49 pm »

I just found a human (Keeper in Genesis) boss that was so badass he survived the chopping of all four limbs at the joint: now he's just a body with a head!
Now as soon as I unpause I guess he'll finally die of bloodloss, but still it's my first time with humanoids!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: June 12, 2011, 03:04:06 pm »

I just had a human axeman adventurer for five days. They went as follows:
  Day 1- Became an adventurer and ran into the mountains for bogeyman free slaying. I killed a goat and went to sleep.
  Day 2- I wander the mountains and slay another goat. About halfway through the day I go to sleep on top of the mountain. I'm ambushed by a giant eagle! I cut it's wings and legs off with surprising ease, and chop it up until I accidentally behead it. I look for rocks so I can tan the skins I have and make bone arrows (Modded Wanderer's Mod).
  Day 3- I continue my western trek through the mountains and kill a hoary marmot that I thought was a groundhog. I kill another giant eagle.
  Day 4- I find two giant eagles, but when I begin working on the first one, they run away.
  Day 5- I find my final giant eagle. We fight for three hours, dodging and grappling each other. He breaks one of my toes. Then I performed my coup de grace and slice off it's wings, and he gets back at me by stabbing me in the foot. By now we're both low on blood, so he rakes me in the face. I die from blood loss.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: June 12, 2011, 03:05:06 pm »

I've been playing a bit of 40d recently. I love 40d!

Here is the tale of Zedku Justiceknife, the human swordsman.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 12:40:37 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2424 on: June 12, 2011, 10:40:56 pm »

It was the most anticlimactic fight I've ever had.

That's hilarious. I wonder what the chances of that happening are...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: June 12, 2011, 11:24:47 pm »

High enough that it's been seen dozens of times in this thread, actually. And probably just about everyone has experienced it.

Meanwhile, for my minotaur adventurer...

Found a fortress and intended to go in and find some mates to fight with me in the upcoming bandit camp. Neglected to notice that it was in the center of a horribly evil desert region. As soon as I exited travel map I found myself surrounded by undead camels, buzzards, and honey badgers. I ran like a little bitch and eventually managed to travel away.
If I could I would force that fortress to somehow be the cause of said evil as in many games and stories. Some evil necromancer lord/demonic possession/horrible battlefield that requires you to put them all to rest in some ironically simple way. Afterwards the evil region disappears and the undead slump to the ground. That's the kind of quest I'd like to see.

Then DF crashed making it all meaningless.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:31:15 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: June 13, 2011, 12:49:00 am »

Right now, I am enjoying a good 'ol elf massacre. One elf in particular, I dubbed "Iron Maiden". I gouged his eyes and he felt no pain, I then broke his ankles and he passed out from pain. I then broke every leg and arm bone (including the wrist). I threw 7 iron bolts at him and finished him off with an 8th iron bolt. He was pretty tough for an elf.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:20:01 am by Angel Of Death »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: June 13, 2011, 05:29:45 am »

I made serpent man more civilized and playable.
I then used my reaction magic to perform a ritual which turns the strawberry axe into an adamantine axe.
Then I murdered a bunch of goblins with my tailwhip and axe.
LOOK UPON ME, WORLD.
I AM LOKUM CREATUREMERCHANT THE ORDERED SYRUPS OF SILVER!

Meanwhile I retired him and made a new adventurer with a slade warhammer, destined to destroy everything.
Then I attacked a fort, and I had no idea the lawgiver was an one eyed capybara.
I was defeated.
Easily.

I decided to be the serpentman again, and after murdering a bunch of ambushers, I finally got tasked to kill a nightcreature by the clown lawgiver.
I expected an epic fight.
Then I hacked at the creature's lower body, and as expected, bisected him.
That was anticlimactic.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:57:07 am by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: June 13, 2011, 01:08:47 pm »

Found a swordsman that killed one of my old Characters, so I decided to get in a little wrestling practice.
Chopped off a foot while he was unconscious, then broke both of his shoulders, both of his elbows, and one wrist.
He woke up in the middle, so I chopped off his arm, but he was pale already, so he died from blood loss.
Too bad. He was a fun punching bag.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: June 13, 2011, 02:36:21 pm »

It appears as if the human city I am currently in is in a state of chaos. Everybody is killing each other.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 1104