Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096277 times)

UpToShenanigans

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2400 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:24 am »

Argh! Just lost a quite successful adventurer to drowning. She was a dusk elf swordsman that had killed many bandits and Night Creatures in her day. After a while I started getting big quests the first was to go kill a wyvern. I recruited some soldiers so as to not get ambushed by boogeymen, well also the lady of the fort asked me to. My two of my soldiers were melted quickly by the wyvern's breath weapon but I stood back and waited until it was out of the cave. Eventually I killed the thing through a combination of slashing, stabbing, and fireball arrows courtesy of Deon. I went back to the lady and reported my success, ready for a new beast to kill. I was pretty terrified when I saw that she wanted me to kill a bronze colossus but I decided to give it a try. The journey would take me across a giant desert so I recruited another small band of soldiers. Halfway to the desert I was ambushed. There I was thinking "Oh I can take these guys no problem!" but in no time at all I was separated from my group with the chieftess bearing down on me. We exchanged blows for a bit but then she surprised me and cut off my sword arm! At that point I started getting scared so I dropped my shield picked up my sword and hightailed it out of there. I made it to a hamlet before nightfall stayed there and the next morning recruited half the village. I moved on to the desert and halfway through the day was ambushed by sand lions and brook trolls. When the screen went out of the overland map I noticed that none of my group was with me! So I killed the wildlife and headed back into town. After getting one companion I headed back out this time making it to the lair of the bronze colossus without losing my peasant, although he did get killed that night by a sand lion. So I took on the bronze colossus on my own, now I'm not sure if genesis bc's are weaker but this thing went down pretty easily. So now I headed back to the fortress without boogeyman interference. Upon getting to the fort I have to swim across a river to get to the gates, and that's the point I died at, kinda anticlimactic. :(
I approve of these shenanigans.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: June 11, 2011, 10:01:01 am »

I tried a bit my hand at modding...

Took the Bronze Colossus, made it bluemetal, changed size to 90000 (humanoid-like), made it an adventurer.
Added a nice venom that splatters on hit (any hit) and causes head swelling, eye bleed (light), blood vomit (light), nausea (strong), lower limb paralysis and hand rotting. It has a boiling point well below ambient temp. The syndrome is inhaled of course.

Now every time I punch or kick someone, the venom splashes and evaporates, affecting everyone in the area.
I then proceed biting random bits off and storing them in my *Orc Leather Backpack* (Genesis mod) until they die.

Shame that for now I can't seem to use the reaction to decorate objects, because I'd love to add tooth spikes to my *Orc Leather thong*!

UPDATE: sweet, I just killed off a lair with 22 (!) night creatures, spouses and children... never found so many in the same place! My world is CHOCK-FULL with night creatures, a whole lot of them former leaders of their civilisations... It's funny, looking at legends now most of them say they bled to death, slain by an adamantine midget with a body part... Trust me it takes persistence to kill a night creature using that specific body part!

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 10:48:37 am by Golcondio »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: June 11, 2011, 01:28:29 pm »

I beat the living hell out of a giraffe.
With what?
A sun berry spear.

Meanwhile, in another region, I was tasked to kill a goblin swordsman.
I threw sunberry spears at the poor guy and then killed him with a strawberry axe to the head.
Then when I went back to the hamlet to report the news, I saw some trapper beating the hell outta some goblin wrestler.
I decapitated the goblin.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:42:36 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: June 11, 2011, 03:16:17 pm »

With what?
A sun berry spear.

I threw sunberry spears at the poor guy and then killed him with a strawberry axe to the head.
Then when I went back to the hamlet to report the news, I saw some trapper beating the hell outta some goblin wrestler.
I think you may have duplicate raws...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: June 11, 2011, 03:17:27 pm »

With what?
A sun berry spear.

I think you may have duplicate raws...
Nah, they're just reactions I made. They give you berry weapons out of nothing.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: June 11, 2011, 05:31:23 pm »

Berry weapons... why?

.... I love the idea!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: June 11, 2011, 05:35:42 pm »

Berry weapons... why?
If you kill a bunch of people with a berry knife, does it make you a cereal killer?

Get it? Most brands of cereal seem to have berries in them.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: June 11, 2011, 10:54:40 pm »

Been having many dying werewolves recently trying somewhat helplessly to train their dodging but failing as the only wild critters seem to ignore werewolves completely (or I just didn't look hard enough to find anything other than dama gazelles and bonobo), to be fair though werewolf is possibly one of the harder (hardest?) class because of the berserker nature of not wielding armour, I'm fairly sure shields are optional though and probably advised over the usual 2H Berserker in full steel gear, simply because werewolves only get the nice addition of a tail that could be lopped off instead of say, their head, arms, or torso.
Hello.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: June 12, 2011, 02:07:48 am »

To test my new valley herb shield, I made an axeman/shield user.
I made a strawberry axe and herbshield and went on my way to kill a night creature.
They murdered me after I passed out from overexert (I put up a good fight) and then I was mad.
I made another dude just like him, and then murdered every single one of those damn things.
Then I got tasked to kill another night creature by the lawgiver.
I killed him too.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: June 12, 2011, 02:34:13 am »

Jaxy: You get bonus points if your plant weapons are harvestable from the plants. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: June 12, 2011, 02:43:12 am »

i finally got to level up some skills and do some quest, wearing mostly iron armor. Then I charged into a camp full of elves and bandits... My rather subpar group of followers died quickly, but I was chopping off limbs left and right: nothing could touch me! Well at least nothing except that silver bolt through the back of my head...

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: June 12, 2011, 03:28:18 am »

To test my new valley herb shield, I made an axeman/shield user.
I made a strawberry axe and herbshield and went on my way to kill a night creature.
They murdered me after I passed out from overexert (I put up a good fight) and then I was mad.
I made another dude just like him, and then murdered every single one of those damn things.
Then I got tasked to kill another night creature by the lawgiver.
I killed him too.

Make full strawberry set-up, and jack-lantern pumpkin headgear.
Hello.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: June 12, 2011, 03:32:01 am »

I was tasked to kill a Giant.
I concentrated and got myself a tuber hammer.
I started attacking it and then killed it with a hammer to the head.
Great!
Then I got tasked to kill this titan.
Many wounds later, it bleeds to death.
But not before being hit by a mason whose attack barely did anything.

ETV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: June 12, 2011, 04:40:25 am »

I was getting very annoyed by random deaths while waiting near a groundhog to train up my dodge/shield/armour use skills, the last time this happened it was by a wolf coming to see me while I was afk, this time I watched the screen and there comes another wolf.

Well, I was still pretty pissed off at what happened last time, so this poor fucked got to feel my frustration.

So, I joint-locked all of it's legs, broke all 4 Knees, then grabbed both eyes and pinched them causing the eyes to sail off in arcs, now it's laying there next to my groundhog (which had been trying to kill me with all of it's little heart for the past hour) gaining conciousness, and almost immediately succumbing to mindrape levels of pain, it can't move, it can't see, and I bruised some of it's innards too just because it put up a bit of fight beforehand.

I'm going to use it as a throttling doll later to train my wrestling up to legendary, making sure not to completely suffocate the thing before I'm done, then I'll probably break/pinch every part of it to break/shatter/chip bones and then it'd likely die of blood loss.

I've been trying to get adventurers to level themselves up a bit for the past day and these random guests have been doing this, but now revenge.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I imagined the whining sounds of the dog as it's shaking on the floor with no eyes and broken limbs and my heart sank a little, I'm now a little worried about what I do when I rage...

Just pinched off the nose and ear, fainted from pain, heavy bleeding but it stopped with her looked pale, she can't take much more blood loss so I';; have to just break things from now on.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:58:17 am by ETV »
Hello.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: June 12, 2011, 05:58:55 am »

On my way to report the news of the killing of two night creatures and a wolf, I got attacked and killed by a giant surface spider. (Just a GCS with name and biome changes)
Those things are nightmarish.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 1104