Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096433 times)

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2370 on: June 05, 2011, 06:44:30 pm »

I'm creating swordsmen (and swordswomen) with the focus on the sword and fighter skill and defensive stuff. Then I get sent to wipe out bandit camps (pretty much only bandit camps, I'm getting no night creatures for some reason) and do so the ninja way. I approach them in stealth, then lure enemies away by exiting stealth just on the edge of their sight range, then overpower them using my superiour skill. Some bandits seem to run away after a couple attempts, and some spread out around the perimeter, which either makes my life easier or not, depending on whether they spread out much or if the leader runs away. Some of them I just pelt with bolts from stealth, once I get an archer in a camp.
The majority of adventurer deaths happened due to opponents' luck or the lack of it for the adventurer. The most spectacular one was during a desert hike - the adventurer accidentally stealthed into a camel coloured exactly like the ground tiles, who proceeded to kick her head off on the first turn.
The enemies tend to die varied deaths. The most frequent cause of death is head splitting, though recently I've taken to disabling them then biting their throats. Then there are a few unusual ones, like the one that got instagibbed by a thrown dagger, or the two bandits that learned why Boatmurdered had to dispatch elephants with magma - the first was a lasher who just refused to stand and fight, and finally ran straight into an elephant herd; the second was the leader of the same camp, who was already fighting an elephant by the time I got back from watching the lasher perish - he was literally smashed to bits. Then I decided to punish the now-legendary elephant for stealing the quest completion (even if death is the only thing that counts for the quest, no matter by what) and found out that a good strategy for hunting elephants is going for the legs and internal organs.
Overall, the adventurer mode is getting better. Waiting for the next version for more adv fun.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: June 05, 2011, 06:48:59 pm »

I killed a legendary elephant with two bolts and no crossbow.

What's a legendary elephant?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: June 06, 2011, 02:17:49 am »

As a void flayer and testing waters with necromancy spells(Dfusion) that turns creatures who where badly wounded than just dead(so that I can get armed zombies than just silly run of the mill naked ones that do poop damage and arming them is stupid hard.) I end up picking up two nord bandit lasses along the ride. now some how this purple creature a is now living with tall dwarves telling tales and slaying wild life with two (blonde?) warriors to keep company. Times like these I kinda wish Deon just made all races civ playable so I could prop up a small trading booth nearby and move the adventurer on it. Through the town would be doing nothing but selling goods to local nords since the area is a mini island.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: June 06, 2011, 12:43:28 pm »

Lies.
It was surprisingly easy. I threw the first one and ripped open the leg and the pain made it pass out after a few half hearted steps, then it was just a coup de gras stab to the head with the second bolt.
I killed a legendary elephant with two bolts and no crossbow.

What's a legendary elephant?
It's just an elephant that's named.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: June 06, 2011, 12:45:47 pm »

I just broke into a night creatures lair! It has several other "slave" night creatures AND the ORIGINAL night creature. The starved monster. Actually, it has several starved monsters, one starved monster consort and one starved monster child. I'm currently luring them out of their lair, but I plan on keeping one alive so the child can see a family member killed in front of it.

All went as planned. I killed one of the monsters in front of the child. I then drank the blood of a night creature until I was full. I shall return, drink the blood of the child, and set the corpses ablaze.

[EDIT] The corpses took too long to be set on fire, so I just threw them into a river.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:10:01 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: June 06, 2011, 01:22:45 pm »

Land shark!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: June 07, 2011, 05:40:12 am »

So, I started a new elf adventurer.
I sold my piece of crap wood sword for a copper scimitar.
Then I get some companions at a fortress and decide to go hunt wildlife.
The lasher manages to take out some animals by himself.
I butcher these animals and make armor from their bones.
Then I make a giraffe tooth figurine.
"Of what?" You may ask.
A camel devil!
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: June 07, 2011, 09:39:23 am »

My brave companion Wineodor fell at the hands of the Gloom Ogre himself, now smelling only of death. It is ironic, perhaps, that in the end, she was hammered to death. Maybe, though, it is just punny.

My Elf Drunk Noble companion is still alive and well, however, though we have yet to seek out his father's bane. He continues his habit of being ceaselessly drunk wherever we go. "The Elf Drunk falls over" indeed.
Love, scriver~

Fen

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretly A Kobold Werebull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: June 07, 2011, 10:43:45 am »

My most recent Swordsman Adventurer just died. After slaying quite a few Blind Freaks and other assorted baddies, killing a bandit camp, two wolf packs, and a group of ambushing goblins, he set out to slay a Cyclops with four companions- two lashers (one wounded, but loyal to the end) an Axeman, and a Pikeman. They slew the vicious monster and he stole the coins and overall loot of the forty-some odd people who tried to kill the thing prior. Given a new task to kill a Titan, he set forth.. only to be ambushed by goblins.

A goblin marksman and the chieftain took heavy tolls, slaying two companions. With many goblins dead and down to one companion nearby and one missing, he went north to discover the crossbow-wielding goblin who slew the axeman before he could ever get close.

In an attempt to get revenge, two spear-goblins appeared from behind a shrubbery and finished him off.

That's the best I've ever done with an adventurer so far, and I'm amused that he actually died of suffocation rather than the goblins really killing him, as well as the fact that half the time he was fighting he would get his sword stuck in some monster's arm or chest and have to bash it with his shield. In the end, he didn't even have that and just bit the goblins in the head while he slowly died.
This space for rent

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: June 07, 2011, 11:04:06 am »

I made an elf peasant who will be fighting wildlife until he improves at combat.
I murdered two turkeys with a stone knife, made a sword from their bones, and murdered the rest of the turkeys to make armor.
Then I went to a fortress, invited two guys, and went to slaughter more wildlife.

Also, I added clawgloves in.
I proceeded to get my right leg broken by a bear. (with another adventurer)
I promptly decapitated it with a steel clawglove.
Then I bought a crutch.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:00:11 pm by jaxy15 »

Sugata-senpai

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anime Watcher+3 Legendary Manga Reader+5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: June 07, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »

While messing around with an giant adamantine fluffy wambler I modded in, (With a poisonous bite) I came across a pale-chestnut devil that was the lawmaker of the only human civilization in the world. Thinking that nothing could defeat my adamantineness, I attacked him, and discovered, to my horror, that he had undirected dust. After being thrown back into a wall and losing both my hands, I charged at him in a desperate attack to kill him before his next dust attack.

I failed.

His next dust attack threw both of us back into the walls of the building. He got his skull crushed through his brain. :D While I got my head severed from the blast. :'(

Twas epic.
Me: I'll kill you... I'll kill you all!!!! Mwahahahahahaha!!!...

UristMcRandomNurse: Sir, patient 137 is laughing maniacially again.

UristMcDoctor: Don't worry, if we just ignore him he'll calm down and go back to playing Dwarf Fortress.

Agon MD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: June 07, 2011, 04:33:34 pm »

Used a quick/generic adventurer to steal the cotton candy from an old fort.  Took him across the world to where I wanted to start my next fort/adventurer.  Went into a N lair to stash it and keep it from scattering so that I could create a new adventurer that could actually walk (my thief crawled the 2nd half of the world/across mountains).  The thief was surrounded by 3 N's and died.

Took my new adventurer there but found out that it wasn't 3 but upwards of 10 or more I couldn't see before.  I made a tactical march in the opposite direction of the hoard, killing a few that followed before climbing on top of the flat mound.  There I decided to challenge all would-be kings of the hill from my high ground.  One chased me up and with a swing of my sword I decapitated him.

I decided to pick up the head and throw it at one of the wounded N's below.  To get a clear shot, I walked closer to the edge.  They swarmed over the edge and shredded my new adventurer's legs.
Love,

Dr. Agon

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: June 08, 2011, 03:20:01 am »

While messing around with an giant adamantine fluffy wambler I modded in, (With a poisonous bite) I came across a pale-chestnut devil that was the lawmaker of the only human civilization in the world. Thinking that nothing could defeat my adamantineness, I attacked him, and discovered, to my horror, that he had undirected dust. After being thrown back into a wall and losing both my hands, I charged at him in a desperate attack to kill him before his next dust attack.

I failed.

His next dust attack threw both of us back into the walls of the building. He got his skull crushed through his brain. :D While I got my head severed from the blast. :'(

Twas epic.
Make yourself from slade and you'll be too heavy for just about anything to move you
'cuz slade is just better
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: June 08, 2011, 04:23:15 am »

I went to a bandit camp to kill this lasher with my new outsider.
He killed both my companions, so I threw rocks at him.
One of them hit him in the head and he died.

Then I sold my crappy rhesus macaque bone axe and his whip for a copper axe.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:29:07 am by jaxy15 »

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: June 08, 2011, 07:42:33 am »

I just started an adventurer, and the entire town I spawned in was abandoned...

It was just like a normal (very large) town with shops and houses, except that there were no people.

Naturally, I helped myself to full bronze plate and went on my way.
[Signature]
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 1104