Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096463 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2355 on: June 03, 2011, 06:52:41 am »

I just got given a quest to kill a bandit.

A BANDIT INSIDE A FORT.

As a matter of fact, there were quite a few strong bandits in that fort. All of them announced their name and said "PREPARE TO DIE!". They were all hammered to pieces.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 08:46:13 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: June 03, 2011, 08:48:29 am »

just fought off? ive been intentionally going through waves of them with my peasant. early on he passed out and got up to superhuman will power by being horribly beaten. ive only killed 14 so far with him, but he never passes out from pain.
edit: killed another wave but the next night i got my lungs stomped a bit before i woke up so i suffocated a bit later. laaame.

Well I've never managed to kill any before. I think the difference this time was that I rolled an agile character rather than a tough one.
[Signature]

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: June 03, 2011, 08:58:45 am »

Bogeymen can be killed, but they will respawn indefinitely until sunrise or until you reach the safety of a house.  That's why its better to try to outrun them if you can, unless you have a super-indestructible adventurer ( I don't ).
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: June 03, 2011, 09:52:26 am »

Bogeymen can be killed, but they will respawn indefinitely until sunrise or until you reach the safety of a house.).
I'm pretty sure they stop coming after a while. I once even got the cackling to stop hours before dawn.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: June 03, 2011, 12:05:15 pm »

Bogeymen can be killed, but they will respawn indefinitely until sunrise or until you reach the safety of a house.  That's why its better to try to outrun them if you can, unless you have a super-indestructible adventurer ( I don't ).

No, there's a finite number. They just vanish and re-appear closer if you get too far away. I usually only have to kill 4 or 5 to stop the cackling.

Anyway, in my adventure, I just did some experimenting with forced amputation and !!Humans!!. It turns out they react well to neither.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:21:18 pm by Tharwen »
[Signature]

mars7a

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: June 03, 2011, 03:33:30 pm »

If you don't run, new bogeymen won't spawn. So if you stay in place and fight, you can eventually wipe 'em out.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: June 04, 2011, 01:35:01 am »

Or if you just go into hiding then wait till dawn far enough away that they can't see you but close enough that more don't spawn.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2362 on: June 04, 2011, 02:00:06 am »

reading the log i kept instantly passing out from exaustion instead of pain for some reason.... what does that mean?
As you attack you build up fatigue, and depending on your Endurance stat you will pass out at some point when you build up too much fatigue. Fatigue doesn't seem to go away very quickly, so it's pretty common to see creatures pass out from exhaustion, go unconscious for a few attacks worth of ticks, wake up, attack once or twice, pass out again, repeat. If you powerlevel dodging/shield/armor user by say letting a gopher attack you over and over, you'll see this happen to the gopher when it eventually maxes out its endurance trying to beat on you.

You can get your Endurance up by powerleveling Wrestling. (At least that seems to be the easiest way in my experience.)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: June 04, 2011, 08:37:03 am »

My companion that tracked all of the titans I was killing just got torn to pieces by a dragon raptor. I killed the raptor... A turn after it was too late. I will butcher the raptor and sacrifice its heart alongisde my beloved companion's corpse.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: June 04, 2011, 09:14:10 pm »

I recently created an adventurer with the express purpose of killing everything; Skilled Axedwarf, Competent Observer, Armor User, Shield User,Thrower and Dodger,and Novice Swimmer. I spawned next to a house with one inhabitant: an Armorsmith clad all in leather. This character existing solely to destroy (his name [manually chosen] was Nod Mankiller the Murderer of Towns, after all), I charged the Armorsmith. After being punched in the face and stabbed several times, I retreated. Picking up a rock from the ground and a shoe from my foot, I braced myself for the onslaught. I threw my shoe. It hit her in her gut, bruising one of her kidneys. Imagine my surprise, when, after throwing my rock, I saw that it hit and bruised her other kidney. I soon realized that I should use something more dangerous, threw a dagger, and sliced her hand clean off midstride. She bled out shortly thereafter.While the other village members eventually got me (I had my skull shattered by the punch of a Fisherman), I realized that there was some promise in Thrower. My next character had Professional Thrower.   
Oh, and I also found a second continent, "The Released Syrup-Continents". It houses "The Finger of Silkness". I think I died a little inside.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2365 on: June 04, 2011, 11:33:49 pm »

I would do some major powerleveling before attempting to kill entire towns. It's pretty easy to get shield/armor/dodge up to legendary. so at least do that much.....

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: June 05, 2011, 08:32:34 am »

I'm about to embark on bandit-slaying adventures with my two new companions; One Ezrakim Elf Drunk, who happen to be the (obviously freeloading, no-good) son of a Warrior Princess and the lady of the keep I just visited, along with a very fat warrior called "Wineodor" - and something tells me she's not a "hammerman" because of her skill with weapons. What better company could an enterprising dwarven hero possibly have?

Checking out the legends, it seems the dragon his father was killed by is still alive. It seems we now have a purpose.
Love, scriver~

Charismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: June 05, 2011, 11:33:36 am »

I would do some major powerleveling before attempting to kill entire towns. It's pretty easy to get shield/armor/dodge up to legendary. so at least do that much.....

Yeah, I have to agree with you there, but I was unaware that there was another house with about twelve people nearby, otherwise I wouldn't have done that. Probably should have checked the fast-travel map, that shows you the size of towns.
Oh, and I also found a second continent, "The Released Syrup-Continents". It houses "The Finger of Silkness". I think I died a little inside.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: June 05, 2011, 02:37:30 pm »

I killed a legendary elephant with two bolts and no crossbow.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: June 05, 2011, 03:38:48 pm »

Lies.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 1104