Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096524 times)

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2325 on: May 25, 2011, 06:28:08 pm »

I throw away my iron shotgun because I was outta shells.
iron shotgun

Where the hell did you get a shotgun?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: May 25, 2011, 09:38:04 pm »

A mod, I guess.

Myself, I've been playing Deon's Wasteland Mod, as a rifle(wo)man, roaming the wastes with my assorted buddies (including a female super mutant named Ozud Jointincest the Sly Pears [!!!] and a Pale Chestnut Fiend, both liberated prisoners), gunning down raiders and ghouls all across the barren wasteland. The poor gal, (Full name: Nanger Icloluto Quabudatog Ero, "Nanger Scouredtax the Neutral Destroyer of Continents :o ) she's been shot, clawed and chain-sawed more times than I can count, amassing a great collection of scars, losing an arm and the use of a leg. In fact, her other leg's been crippled a few times too, but thankfully it's somehow healed. :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: May 26, 2011, 12:43:53 am »

I throw away my iron shotgun because I was outta shells.
iron shotgun

Where the hell did you get a shotgun?
Corrosion mod includes guns.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: May 26, 2011, 09:05:43 am »

Just found the biggest town I have ever seen in Adv. mode, I think when I eventually decide to genocide everything, I had best leave this one till last.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: May 26, 2011, 03:02:48 pm »

Just found the biggest town I have ever seen in Adv. mode, I think when I eventually decide to genocide everything, I had best leave this one till last.
best to place a fortress near by make it retire-able (so that you can go into it with no issues) then go on that killing spree.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: May 26, 2011, 05:33:32 pm »

ok so i spawned a decent character in a random human nation, they told me they had nothing for me to do, so i got out and gather some stuff from a dead bandit camp a previous hero of mine had apparently killed, and try to sell it for armour so i can move to a different area. the merchant im dealing with takes my only back pack and i accidentally buy just a regular bag with all my money and some of the clothes off my back. long story short i killed everybody and ran into a nearby cave. this is my first time in a cave, can anybody tell me where to actually FIND anything? theres no freaking life down here, a few tasty giant moles on the way down, but nothing in the actual cavern...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: May 26, 2011, 06:34:26 pm »

Caverns are mostly just wander around til you either get bored or run into something especially deadly.  I'm sure they will be better after lighting is added.

But for now if you want action in the caverns you just wander around at random, going deeper when possible while trying to look delicious.

P.S. Or you cheat and use a program like stonesense (hit h after startup in the case of stonesense) to locate wildlife then chase it down.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:36:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: May 26, 2011, 06:58:03 pm »

thank you, i am off to google stone sense df mod now!

mars7a

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: May 27, 2011, 04:17:46 pm »

When I got to the bandit camp to fight bandits alone, there were a bunch of legendary (flashing) warriors there, and I recruited them mid-battle. Needless to say we kicked ass and it was glorious. I killed them later and donned their animal bone jewelery. Then I died. From a villager. With a knife.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: May 27, 2011, 04:55:07 pm »

A mod, I guess.

Myself, I've been playing Deon's Wasteland Mod, as a rifle(wo)man, roaming the wastes with my assorted buddies (including a female super mutant named Ozud Jointincest the Sly Pears [!!!] and a Pale Chestnut Fiend, both liberated prisoners), gunning down raiders and ghouls all across the barren wasteland. The poor gal, (Full name: Nanger Icloluto Quabudatog Ero, "Nanger Scouredtax the Neutral Destroyer of Continents :o ) she's been shot, clawed and chain-sawed more times than I can count, amassing a great collection of scars, losing an arm and the use of a leg. In fact, her other leg's been crippled a few times too, but thankfully it's somehow healed. :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You think that's bad? I have one adventurer who only has one leg left, and has yellow lung!
Blargh.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: May 27, 2011, 05:45:53 pm »

I am proud to announce my legendary hero is now a member of the Empire of Pigs. (Humanities most respected establishment)

I'll briefly tell the story of the only goblin i have ever (and i mean ever) respected.

I was a human hero with four companions going to take out a camp of goblin bandits. We kill the first wave, and even the axeman goblin that taunted us. The only goblin left was a flashing red goblin wrestler that wouldn't move (i don't know why it didn't move). So, i examined it and found it had two large scars on both its upper and lower body along with internal damage. Ha, this will be easy thought my new hero. SO i attacked it, and after it dodged my first two attacks, i was a little worried. Wait, why am i bleeding and in pain!!!! i backed up and let my followers hack him down.... or get hacked down. After 2 followers are killed, i jump back into the fray, only to be mercilessly beheaded by an iron cutting knife. Overall the lone goblin killed four human soldiers by himself with an iron cutting knife. So of course, i started a new adventurer and killed him, but he is still the most respected goblin i have ever seen.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: May 29, 2011, 05:53:08 pm »

I just found a clown prisoner...

Hey! Look at that clock! It appears to be massacre time!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: May 29, 2011, 09:29:57 pm »

well i went to sleep in the cavern and woke up on the surface. damn cave gremlins tossin me out like trash. was kinda helpful though. as with all stories however this one end with an "Aaaaaaaand then i got my head bashed in by a _____" the ____ this time being a brush titan.

Joost66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: May 29, 2011, 10:22:51 pm »

Well, I started a new adventurer a while ago, and I have been doing very well. I now have my own miniature army who do the fighting for me, So I decided to test them. I got a bandit camp mision and sent them to fight, while in the bakcground I just hid in ambush mode. They fought, and were ripped to shreads.. It was horrible. But the one who lived.. the one who defeated like 6 people, was an unarmed child, an unarmed child whom I had saved from imprisonent in a goblin tower. She fought... amazingly, I set her proffesion to sidekick, and she is now my only companion, wielding nothing but her fists, she biteds ogres in half. She is, the most amazing child in the universe, and to top it of, she is missing an eye from an arrow that got stuck in it. I decided to leave the arrow in.
Hello. Have a nice day.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: May 30, 2011, 03:12:29 am »

Got tasked to kill some swordsman, and took him out easily.
Then I decided to kill the pistolmen there and take their ammo.
I got killed by a hammerman.
Twice.
Then I lashed him down.
He deserved it.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 1104