Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096558 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2280 on: May 14, 2011, 12:14:10 am »

Tried a new play now adventurer, ended up in a civ hostile to me so I of course slaughtered some townspeople until I got bored. I tried traveling out of the area to find a more friendly civ, stopped in a fortress to sleep, then tried traveling some more and was attacked by bandits. They too were immediately hostile to me but I couldn't find a route of escape due to the damned honey badger population and lack of non-dried pools, so I let them beat on a badger while i picked them off. I killed one, severely mangled another, and was promptly smashed in the face with a hammer by their leader and died. The injured one bled out on the ground immediately afterwards.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: May 15, 2011, 12:05:55 am »

Just played an elven adventurer in a newly-made world for a break from my fort.
I set all the seeds to '1', upped the monster count heaps, and went for it.
My world has heaps of different surviving civilizations, for some reason... I looked at legends, found out about some cyclops that had killed a crap-ton of people and sired a whole family of equally-deadly cyclopi, and decided to try and avenge all the elves they'd killed.
In truth, though, my character lost the use of both their hands to a 'bellowing brute' fairly early on, and when ambushed by two bandits, (Incidentally ones he'd fought before, managing to chase them off with his wooden sword) and after a really, REALLY long battle, biting maniacally at them and getting skewered with a halberd through his lung, managed to kill the leader of the two, tearing them apart and devouring their flesh very elvishly.

That was enough to net him a few followers from a nearby human castle, which was fortunate as he was pretty much useless himself.
So we set off, yadda yadda killing a few night monsters, only one casualty, but then I thought it'd be safe enough to sleep 'til dawn in a forest.
We got ambushed by a large force of bandits, a mixture of human and elven, and they slaughtered everyone, even chasing down my guy with his high agility. :( Managed to bite a few of 'em, though.
Uh, their name was Trirong Cradlevalley.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: May 15, 2011, 01:20:23 am »

a fellow worker carve up this in a fay mood.

well this is going to be my adventurer's main tool for killing stuff.
well just tested what happens when you take an entire hamlet of 50+ people ontop of the ~40 dwarfs and went to attack a bandit camp.
the bandits where swarmed by hundred angry keepers with knives. killed them all.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: May 15, 2011, 10:38:50 pm »

Lost the last 8 adventurers in a row in their first fights. Haven't had the chance to find any companions.

Finally an adventurer worth their weight!
After killing a night creature family of three, I and my companions were returning to the fortress, over a day's travel away, to report our success and gather a force to assault a large bandit camp a half-days travel in the opposite direction from us from the fort's view, when what I'm fairly certain are those same bandits struck preemptively. They're at least led by a maceman, just as the one that requires a more sizable force to assault. We engaged them, and after killing only one bowman my maceman ally decided to break off and run east, while I assisted the lasher with the spearman she'd engaged. I dealt what I thought were several fatal blows when I decided to turn around and face down the four bandits coming up behind us. While I foolishly allowed myself to be distracted by one pair, the leader ran up to my companion and beat her to death with his morningstar. I couldn't handle this fight any more than she could so I decided to cut and run as well.  found the maceman maybe 40 squares away, collapsed in pain, where I held off the lone hammerman that followed me. Nobody else harassed us while I waited for him to wake up. Afterwards we finished the last 4 hours or so of walking back to the nearest town and collapsed on someones floor.
These bandits were orcs, orcs which I created myself to be ferocious opponents, bigger, some of them frighteningly fast, and all of them stronger, with terrifying weapons of war and armor to protect themselves. I consider our little fight to have gone well, considering we killed at least 2 and seriously injured 2 more, versus one casualty and forced retreat. None of them were the faster opponents, or I would have seen them dashing out ahead, and that's a reason to feel lucky. The maceman is fine, apparently. She'll be that much tougher in the next fight, and we WILL have our revenge.

Apparently three simultaneous night creature kills is enough to make me worthy of taking tasks from the lord of the fortress.

We just attacked a different bandit camp. I lost the use of my foot, but only by broken bones. It will probably heal... probably. I fear the Curse of the Crutch, as there were none in the camp's loot, so If I cant buy one in town and this ends up being permanent... the only other serious injury was the newer maceman, but he was apparently just passing out like a wus until the one remaining bandit came over while the rest of us were distracted and caved in his skull.
I only know of one bandit that escaped, injured. That orofal maceman that killed our maceman! Obviously none of us can keep up with the bastard. We'll be back someday, no doubt.

Another bandit attack. Once again my companions are decimated. I've had my guts spilled among other things. Today really isnt my day... I've retreated. I apparently did a number on the warlord because he ran off, immediately after bragging about how he killed my new bowman right in front of me... Apparently not the same crew as the last attack, because he didnt mention the lasher, or anyone else for that matter. Unfortunately I bled to death from my wounds. Only fair that I don't savescum I guess...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 01:43:55 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: May 17, 2011, 08:14:21 pm »

Next up I tried to attack a hill titan, alone, my first instance of combat as a minotaur demigod. Went about as well as one could expect...

I was dealing some very minor damage for a while until it charged me one last time and broke something in my lower body, causing me to pass out shortly thereafter. Obviously the first thing it did was squish my head like a bug's. Ironic because it was in fact a mite...
I make Spellcrafts!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: May 18, 2011, 02:50:21 am »

uhh some how my adventurer was stricken with melancholy this being the one with the army of humans he pick up. sucks is the fort was over run with crundles and loads of creatures. 
"body swapping and YOU!"

RavenZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: May 18, 2011, 03:49:36 am »

Greet! This is my first post on this forum, I signed up yesterday. DF is a great game - I'm already with you from the version 40d which is a long time.
Returning to the merits of the case, since yesterday, I play a new character in Adventure mode. After killing a few night evils tried to kill as efficiently as possible fast wild animals. Just when I had to kill the next night evil (or whatever it was), I found some elks, having a bad experience with the undead elks, I decided to shoot one. This time I decided to give up parts of the armor - which is not weared by my hero (Stukos Agedaxe Strifeful Stop of the Yearlings -funny name, aint it?). The first thing I threw was a copper shield - unfortunately it did not do anything, the second for another copper shield - this time it was a bruise on his left hind leg, the third thing - this time an iron shield - landed in the upper body. The fourth and last thing - a copper helmet, and here is the result of the throw:

Another time the same character, I wanted to see how much can withstand a human Lasher:

She (sic!) survived two more rounds of battle (in meantime i was fighting with other human outsiders), then she bleed to death
BTW. Im sorry for my language, probably there is a lot of errors in the text. Im not from UK nor the US, so please turn a blind eye

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: May 18, 2011, 12:01:42 pm »

I made 5 adventurers, each of whom got torn to pieces before managing to kill anything.

Then I made another one who completed two missions and killed a troll before getting ambushed by lions and failing to live any longer due to death.
[Signature]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: May 19, 2011, 12:21:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

270 orc companions.
So many that the game ran out of letter shortcuts.
this screen cap was made to show off the Enter shortcut to the orc metalcrafter.
This is from changing the civ of the adventurer to the hamlet civ and running a command that searches for every one who has the same civ as the adventurer and make them companion to him/her and running a command to convert all the companions to have the same civ as the adventurer(I change the adventurer's civ back to the normal).

edit: reached 406 companions by Armok.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:34:27 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: May 19, 2011, 02:30:51 am »

By god, Rumrusher, you must be some sort of Adventure Mode mad scientist.

Babies, body switching, now armies?

What's next, apotheosis?!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: May 19, 2011, 03:29:08 am »

By god, Rumrusher, you must be some sort of Adventure Mode mad scientist.

Babies, body switching, now armies?

What's next, apotheosis?!

By Apotheosis you mean being one of the Gods people believe in or being a godlike creature?
The later is done by turning a dwarf into a bronze colossus and making command in Dfusion to revive and repair your missing limbs if you get too hurt. If you use the ghost command with my Ex-Carry command you could drag someone to magma sea and watch them melt, or lift them 2 zlevels up in the air and dribble their bodies until dead.

The former going to need cracking into DF and finding out what makes mega beasts followed as a religion and exploit it... or play as a megabeast and kill off the head age of beast leaving you the only one left and retire in a dwarven home and play through fort mode for some years and check up if there any religion that pop up in hundred years pasting.
If retiring not one means then you could use Dfusion or Runesmith to flip on caged or projectile on your character and leave the game running for a few days. What would happen is the game will skip your turn(being stuck in the air or being 'caged') and speed up to fort mode real time and you could spend days to weeks in this state. Though coming out of it will lead to a major case of announcement backlog.
Another way is finding out how to play as any of the people in Legends and selecting a god or beast with an religion under him/her or finding said beast and body swap to him or her.

Through as of right now this is all testing for the DFmode building for armies and recruiting more slaves for forts.
I Learn recently that your adventurer must be well adjusted on seeing friends die or having a +50 man army will fall flat when once flip to fort mode the leader/adventurer goes completely insane and stricken with melancholy. through Melancholy doesn't effect adventure mode it does make feeding or getting work done with the dwarf out of the option and makes any reason to keep one for moving large groups and retiring.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: May 19, 2011, 03:38:26 am »

My god, you're some kind of fucking wizard, man.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: May 19, 2011, 04:20:16 am »

I fall under the class of Necromancer. I already have the dead rise from zombies(the fix version) and follow you.
through I have to write up a spawn zombie at pointer command for the fact zombies if killed or attacked by other zombies will attack each other and the only way one could increase their army or use said army is if the enemy has no range attacks and must walk into the rotten mosh pit or you send the said rotten mosh pit over to the enemy.

Through now as I'm thinking on it you could sit at night wait for bogeys to appear use the control civ command on a Civ: -1 Adventurer and pick up all spawning bogeymen then change their civ number to your original and boom hidden monster army or with the use of the Rum_tool pack I place in Dfusion thread could use the change companion race command to change them to human,dwarf for forts, Bronze for game breaking.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: May 19, 2011, 07:48:34 am »

I fall under the class of Necromancer.
I'm pretty sure you've already went beyond that and have become a full fledged Evil Overlord of whatever world you've got as your "test lab". Now you've got to create a new adventurer/s to play "Heroes", train them up to badass levels and then return as Sauron incarnate with your dark army...

Mmm, how about roleplaying with an army of wild animals? Playing Pied Piper of Hamelin might more amusing...but instead of rats you've got beavers, monkeys or birds. Yay rabies!
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: May 19, 2011, 08:59:14 am »

I fall under the class of Necromancer.
I'm pretty sure you've already went beyond that and have become a full fledged Evil Overlord of whatever world you've got as your "test lab". Now you've got to create a new adventurer/s to play "Heroes", train them up to badass levels and then return as Sauron incarnate with your dark army...

Mmm, how about roleplaying with an army of wild animals? Playing Pied Piper of Hamelin might more amusing...but instead of rats you've got beavers, monkeys or birds. Yay rabies!

ohhh. that can be done every easily especially when animals are all friendly to each other. you could just run the command as a wild critter and build an army of monsters in seconds given this command works on any creature on any Zlevel so one you travel once you could get demons, undead animal men, crundle, creeping eyes, bloodmen, magmacrab, firemen the whole shebang.

Oh and remember the story of Konan. Had a legion of night creatures who went and raided the home of the bronze colossus and killed a human child and some royals staying there had the child's ghost walk up to the bronze and give it a quest to the very place he was killed to slay a wolf. Konan went with the only remaining companion a engraver who spend her time carving wood statues of Konan's adventures.the group of Night creatures where pick off one by one very slowly due to the very high dodging skill konan and the retirement rusted it's joints causing the bronze to move very slowly. Funny thing I play that saga as means of doing evil later. I did only with some one else.
still wonder how to store creatures in cages with out them leaving once I travel out.

wait I wonder if you took over the hammerer right when he was delivering justice would the game count this as a free hit?
you strike the dwarf in the hand with a fluffly wamber hammer tickling the skin.
"now you think twice about not getting those mandates through."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:12:06 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 1104