Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104132 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2190 on: April 26, 2011, 10:10:19 am »

Kobold Wrestlers ambushed me.
I bit off their limbs and beat them to death with them.
Meanwhile my allies got smacked around.

My Illithid just killed a named brook troll.
I decided to look at the legends to find out what she did.
She stole a raw cave fish.

Just wanderin' around a kobold cave, murdering them all..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:46:07 am by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Lexx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: April 27, 2011, 06:45:49 am »

I just started out with an outsider peasant. Been hunting and butchering wildlife. Hoping to sell enough of what I butcher to traders and finally get some armor and a backpack in a town.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: April 27, 2011, 06:58:47 am »

I beat bogeyman ass. 25 bogeymen dead over several nights. Then I went to slay an orc village, got horribly mutilated in the process and walked off to heal. Bogeymen appeared and have been chasing me for ages.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: April 29, 2011, 05:59:29 am »

I just started an adventure in a freezing region of the world. Apparently the town i started 'in' was actually an ocean. So what happens the instant I try to move? The entire ocean thaws, I fall in, and it freezes with me in it. The entire adventure consisted of three images: me standing on ice, it showing me flying and submerged under water after I'd moved 1 square, and the entire screen filled with white ice walls.

It's trying to do it again...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 06:03:17 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: April 29, 2011, 06:40:03 am »

The entire adventure consisted of three images: me standing on ice, it showing me flying and submerged under water after I'd moved 1 square, and the entire screen filled with white ice walls.
Y'know that situation sums up a lot of DF in one go.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

martys1103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: April 29, 2011, 11:57:00 am »

The entire adventure consisted of three images: me standing on ice, it showing me flying and submerged under water after I'd moved 1 square, and the entire screen filled with white ice walls.
Someone should draw it.

Alarion

• Bay Watcher
  • I put on my robe and wizard hat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: April 29, 2011, 01:11:58 pm »

Someone should draw it.
Or screenshot.

Anyway, I tried in vain to reclaim my old fort with an adventurer. 16 different ones in a row, every single one of them dead by various hilarious means, mostly the guy who drowned in a pond after single handedly slaughtering an entire goblin camp, because I forgot to give him Adequate Swimmer. Then the next one did have it... and was promptly encased in ice as soon as dusk fell and the pond froze completely solid. Apparently the nights here are REALLY cold...

The best attempt I got was a Steel Dwarf with a good sword and armor who actually managed to reach the site after starting out with the orcs close to the site. He did in fact get into it, looking for the full set of Adamantine Armor that the fortress left behind complete with short sword and maces... when the cat demon master that had killed the fort came and scratched him in the head. Literally. And it sailed off in an arc. Oh woe.

At least it was kind of a fun adventure, if frustrating...

(And I now know why I was getting so many sieges - apparently I set up the fort in the middle of Snakeman territory, right next to two other Snakemen tribes, two demon civs, three illithids and a couple of werewolves. Plus gobbos and kobolds. The centaurs didn't survive worldgen, along with the nords, or I'd probably have gotten them too. It does explain a lot, in fact... :P)

//A, off to party!
Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Now the Great Lord comes. Now the Great Lord comes.
Blood feeds blood. Blood calls blood. Blood is, and blood was, and blood shall ever be.
Now the Great Lord comes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: April 29, 2011, 02:42:32 pm »

reclaiming a demon infested home is worst when demons straight up kill any one left at home when you leave the site.
I just recently tested out my prevent pets from dying and found out that it didn't work well there not dead but they disappeared.
reclaimed a (keeper?) fort as my adventurer and hope I could set up as a nice military base for future endeavors.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: April 29, 2011, 03:05:54 pm »

This one is quite funny really. And ironic. I will post a drawing in Draw Your Adventures topic.

I created an Elven Swordsman, hero, Superior Agi. Decapitated 20+ in a Dwarf bandit camp (Ironic?), killed few night creatures, and no one could really stop me.

I got really confident, traveled through mountains. Was just skipping ahead, jamming right arrow, when suddenly....!....

You are deceased.

What happened? A mountain goat. A freaking mountain goat (Ironic? since elves are bbf's with goats and bears) got in my way, and somehow managed to get hit by me or get agro some other way. The goat jumped me and i dodged off the cliff.

Bye bye awesome adventurer. Your life was full of irony.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: April 29, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »

i'm about to start again, but the world is being rejecteda bit. All I did was make it evil...
I might just play as... NON KOBOLD!

Then i'm going to ask one of you guys for an awesome fort to inherit. I want to get killed by something new! Like a dorf if you survived, or a demon if you dug to candyland.

There'd better be loot..

Everybody!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: April 30, 2011, 03:24:40 am »

I made an illithid outsider who's a good knife user.
He promptly took out an outlaw orc by stabbing the poor guy in the head repeatedly.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2201 on: April 30, 2011, 04:43:19 pm »

Just set a tree on fire and pinned a hapless human near it. She melted like an overdone marshmellow.

:D
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: April 30, 2011, 04:45:54 pm »

Just set a tree on fire and pinned a hapless human near it. She melted like an overdone marshmellow.

:D

So she got all crispy and started leaking white stuff? :P

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #2203 on: April 30, 2011, 04:47:53 pm »

Pretty much. Well, more like yellow-ish oil rather than white stuff. Otherwise yeah. I managed to get a look at her description before she died, and uhh... It wasn't pretty. Every single body part melting and oozing blood.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: April 30, 2011, 04:49:47 pm »

Reminds me of this one kind of fish from Lake Baikal. Dissolves into oil if it's brought up to the surface to fast.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 1104