Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2098825 times)

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
  • Standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1890 on: February 14, 2011, 01:10:21 pm »

Killed my first titan  :D Happened to be a Jungle Titan slug with a deadly spittle attack, it never hit me though. I had about 5 bowmen companions to help but they didn't do much. I randomly recruted a fish gutter but he got torn in half. I didn't suffer a single wound. Off to kill a dragon - cheerie-oh!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:22:20 pm by Darthania »
Nanos gigantium humeris insidentes.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 14, 2011, 01:45:00 pm »

Perfeeect i played with Firebolts , killed a thunder bird , DEATH BY MELTING (aka bleeding , played to much with fire :<)

I still don't get it why when you catch fire you won't put out easly D: 2 times and you are dead
Desu

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 14, 2011, 05:57:56 pm »

I fought a pack of bogymen today.

My hammer was too slow and I killed two before they bruised my lung (and they were REALLY close to pelting me in the head)

However then I lucked onto a strategy. Apperantly I could rip their hands off with my mouth. Worked like a Charm and they died from bleeding.

I am trying to get to the point where they will ask me to kill Megabeasts.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 14, 2011, 08:51:46 pm »

I retired my adventurer for the while in that town. I'm going to create a tigerman demigod adventurer and attack the civ he came from, making them an enemy of the civ and maybe giving him the quest to kill them.

My first attempt failed horribly of course; the tigerman civ has a high banditry attribute so I accidentally started a fight, again, and was murdered by the first human I engaged, a doctor of some sort.

I'm now making a little fortress from which I can enter the caverns easily, and maybe produce some decent weaponry and crutches.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 14, 2011, 09:12:05 pm »

I heard removing the [LOCAL_BANDITRY] tag from the civilization stops that problem.
Why don't you try doing that Eric?
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 14, 2011, 10:17:23 pm »

I know about the fix, but I very specifically want to have various civs acting as bandits. I don't have problems with the human civ despite it still having the tag, and the tigermen are just to give my adventurer some interesting opponents, for fun
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dachande

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 15, 2011, 07:34:10 pm »

Well.. After getting legendary in 6 or 7 different skills simply by killing a village that seemingly never runs out of people (I think the kill count was 600-700, probably more) I decided to get some quests from a mountain home.

Explored half the world now. Unmarked places on the map show up as "mountain homes", but there's nothing there. At all.

Same thing with the capitals that ARE marked. Nothing.

No forest retreats or dark fortresses either; no fortresses at all, simply.

I've had 0 bandit ambushes. Hell, I haven't even SEEN a bandit or a bandit camp. No bogeymen either.

Something is odd :<

Igawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 15, 2011, 07:52:42 pm »

I think the amount of ambushes goes up as you kill more quest targets. Also, I believe mountainhomes and dark fortresses and forest retreats are broken in this version.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 15, 2011, 08:01:54 pm »

I think the amount of ambushes goes up as you kill more quest targets. Also, I believe mountainhomes and dark fortresses and forest retreats are broken in this version.
For me, I only got ambushed whenever I had companions with me.
Go adventuring by myself, and all I have to worry about are bogeymen.
Go adventuring with the Red Shirt Army, however, and I'm just asking to watch all of them die while I escape with injuries that would either kill a dwarf or make it look like I ran from the battle.
Edit: Scratch that, it seems that I'm getting ambushed even when I'm alone.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:03:29 am by Horizon9 »
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 16, 2011, 04:19:21 am »

No dark forts? Explains my wandering around tundra for days on end while messages of there being a fort appeared.
Same to the elves..
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 16, 2011, 05:16:44 am »

well given the horrible news of the caravan arc coming I have to end my Merchant challenge short and prep for the long deep crying in a corner until utilities get updated again.
I think I have over ~4 bandit camps raided ~3 lairs emptied.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

martys1103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 16, 2011, 06:21:56 am »

I had an epic fight recently.
 After killing 2nd hydra, I left my team(slept and traveled before they woke up). I fought bogeymen to train my swordsmanship, and from adept I became master swordsman. Then I recruited 20 people and asked for a mission.
 Our mission was to kill titan called Dik the [blah blah blah]. I had to go to the glacier which was far to south. I've got ambushed few times, and by the time we reached the glacier, there were 5 of us left. Then we were attacked by skeletal yetis, like the last time. My skills were way better than the last time, so I managed to beat them easily, but there were just 3 of us now.
 After some walking we finally reached the shrine. When I saw the titan, I thought it wasn't that strong, but I was dead wrong. My teammate attacked it first, but was quickly killed. I tried to attack, but I flew off 5 tiles from the attack. Then the titan killed bowman...
 My opponent was way stronger than any other of my last opponents. I had to develop a new strategy. Then after some fighting with it, I had an idea: I have to aim for the legs. On the third stab to right front leg, I managed to damage it noticeably. The titan's speed has dropped. I thought the battle will be easier now, but I couldn't land a good hit on other legs.
 The battle was long. The titan wasn't damaged much, not counting right front leg, and I was really drowsy and beaten up. Then a miracle happened. I managed to do direct stab to its left front leg. It fell on the ground. I thought I will win now, but my sword wasn't sharp enough to break it's skull.
 I tried hard to finish this fight soon, but I couldn't do anything but to scratch it's skull. And then the titan got up and started beating me up again. I was tired, beaten up and hardly an opponent for it. But I have reached Legendary+1 and my strength has increased while fighting it. This wasn't much, but it was enough to score a good hit. My lucky hit managed to pierce the skull and end the titan's life. This is my longest and most epic fight ever.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 17, 2011, 03:37:28 am »

Playing .19, and it seems a little screwed up. For instance, a jabberer just ran out of nowhere at me. Above ground.

On the plus side, after I butchered it I'll have no problems with the food mechanic...
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 17, 2011, 08:13:56 am »

Playing .19, and it seems a little screwed up. For instance, a jabberer just ran out of nowhere at me. Above ground.

On the plus side, after I butchered it I'll have no problems with the food mechanic...

Butchering seems to be broken in adventure mode right now.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 17, 2011, 10:49:33 am »

Not for me  ;)
Hundred-ish jabberer meat weighing me down though.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 1104