Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2098846 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1830 on: February 09, 2011, 12:00:16 pm »

Yeah...but what it did was beyond scaring.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: February 09, 2011, 12:01:48 pm »

:o
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: February 09, 2011, 12:07:11 pm »

So a bronze Colossus...

poor dwarves...

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1833 on: February 09, 2011, 12:12:23 pm »

an endowed BC...
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: February 09, 2011, 05:47:38 pm »

rarborman, you may have legitimate reasons as to why you do not want to discuss it, but please.
You must give me this mod.
My brain is beyond scarring. There's not much else you can do.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: February 09, 2011, 07:06:12 pm »

I have 18 companions, and am a legendary fighter Void Master Illithid, and we are on our way to kill a deepcrow.
This is going to be fun.
Edit: Would anyone happen to know what the Phantom of Cinders is?
It's in my options of people to attack, but the only things next to me are Brook trolls and my companions.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:35:29 pm by Horizon9 »

Deadly Lamarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: February 10, 2011, 12:41:52 am »

It is HFS. You probably shouldn't attack it, so tell us what happened if you did.
Sometimes you succeed in your goals and sometimes you and everyone around you is murdered by a gigantic spider.

C'est la vie

I'm walking crawling across the continent looking for a crutch. Story shortened, horse ate my foot.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: February 10, 2011, 12:45:02 am »

Don't worry, nothing bad will happen unless one of you charges towards the other. At that point one of you will be teleported to the other's location, although it is most likely to happen that YOU will be teleported and not the beast. Of course in either case you must then actually fight the phantom, so good luck to you!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: February 10, 2011, 12:48:29 am »

I have 18 companions, and am a legendary fighter Void Master Illithid, and we are on our way to kill a deepcrow.
This is going to be fun.
It's in my options of people to attack, but the only things next to me are Brook trolls and my companions.

glitch that ignores the Z-level of the thing "next" to you x-y wise, even though it's down in the invernal realms "z" wise. I say bite off its finger or something. (it'll be stuck in your teeth, then! :D), but as the folks above have said, don't charge it unless you want a one way ticket "down under".
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: February 10, 2011, 02:30:44 am »

This is going to be fun.

glitch that ignores the Z-level of the thing "next" to you x-y wise, even though it's down in the invernal realms "z" wise. I say bite off its finger or something. (it'll be stuck in your teeth, then! :D), but as the folks above have said, don't charge it unless you want a one way ticket "down under".
hmmm makes me wonder if with proper placement could one make a teleporter using nothing but these creatures or a custom punching bag that won't hurt you and wont die. though this means finding away to keep them in one spot. oh well better add that to the building specs of the adventurer house and see if I can exploit it with!!XXSCIENCEXX!!. oh in adventurer news finally got a 1x1 fort for my adventurer and maybe I could tweak build a nice underground lab.

edit: nah you can't the way df is handle now you can't attack someone under you with out doing a precision attack and those don't have charge person function so until someone can prove me wrong and I hope so. no teleporting. darn it really had hope for that.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:58:28 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: February 10, 2011, 07:06:55 am »

If there was a chance of me getting teleported, then it's a good thing I just ignored it.
I would have lost my favorite adventurer.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: February 10, 2011, 09:50:18 am »

If there was a chance of me getting teleported, then it's a good thing I just ignored it.
I would have lost my favorite adventurer.
nah you would have walk into a stupid quest of finding a town above the area you are in a attempt to travel out.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: February 10, 2011, 06:36:15 pm »

edit: nah you can't the way df is handle now you can't attack someone under you with out doing a precision attack and those don't have charge person function so until someone can prove me wrong and I hope so. no teleporting. darn it really had hope for that.

You don't make your attack a charge by selecting it off the aim attack menu, you do it by opening the combat preferences menu with Shift+c then toggling attack preference to "charge".

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: February 10, 2011, 09:38:44 pm »

Oh, man. What just happened was so awesome (in my opinion) that I just had to post it. My white tiger-man adventurer (Civ Forge mod) was traveling north from his start location. Unfortunately, the townspeople apparently lock their doors for some reason. And night was falling. Dun dun duuuuun. I fled south to another town, but then came the dreaded message: [You are surrounded by incessant cackling]. Oh shit. But I figured, what have I got to lose? So I ran. And ran. And ran, with heroic/dramatic background music blaring. A bogeyman leapt at me, but I tackled it down and stabbed it once with my spear (no starting spear skill). I kept running and finally -- finally -- reached the town. I ran behind a building and sneaked away, tackling bogeymen when they saw me. In my mind, it just looked so bad-ass with my tiger-man stabbing assailants and batting them away with it's great paws. As he started to get drowsy, I thought "Dang, and he was doing so good awesome." Then the glorious block of text appeared: [The cackling fades away.] and [The bogeyman has vanished.] He then collapsed into sleep, having survived the night.

And bear in mind, this wasn't some high-falootin legendary adventurer. He was just created, no skill gains to his name. And he started as a freakin' peasant.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 10:13:01 pm by Araph »

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: February 10, 2011, 10:37:44 pm »

You're adventurer has much work ahead of him.
But be wary.
In the caves, no one can hear you scream.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1104