Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099047 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1740 on: January 23, 2011, 11:48:33 am »

All blunt attacks always glanced off in fortress mode, they weren't head attacks tho so i dunno about that. What will work is anything iron or better with edge attacks (spear,sword,axe,etc.). Just keep hacking away till the bits come off.

Blunt attacks from actual blunt weapons, especially warhammers, can work.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #1741 on: January 23, 2011, 12:09:45 pm »

my most badass(and unlucky) adventurer just died...

He went in a bandit camp... motor nerve damage and a permanently red foot. Crafted a crutch, survived.

He got ambushed by a leopard... Lost an hand, all my weapons and the crutch. Wrestled to death leopard AND a giant desert scorpion.

After that... a f****ing bandit attacked me while i was crafting some weapons.

RIP
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:13:27 pm by Iados »

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 23, 2011, 02:51:33 pm »

I just met a friendly goblin.
He was just standing there, outside of a cave, didn't attack me and talked about his not-existing family and all that. He asked me to lead him into a warrior's death and so I did. He had the honor to die in the front line against some nasty night creature along with that human peasant I recruited earlier. After he died he left me a nice helmet and two (!) mail shirts for my dwarven adventurer to wear. What a great chap!

Later I looked him up in legends. Apparently he was a member of a goblin ambush party that visited one of my forts several (in game) decades ago. He fell prey to the loyalty cascade bug, lost his civ membership and fleed from the map. He than settled at some random cave like every homeless notable creature in this game does. Since he was no longer a member of a goblin civ, he had no reason to attack me and my men.

Y'know, this is the kind of thing why I love this game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 23, 2011, 06:35:08 pm »

I thought I should record some of my loot runs for clearance of my Caravan challenge but then I realize that I'm on SDL and not legacy and can't add any of the movies over to the dwarf fortress map/movie site.
man that sucks I hope they get that fixed.
wait they already did for .18 oops
oh in silly caravan news Tobul pick up a Night creature, wolf heads. which means now he has means of channeling HEX based magic. that and can morph others or him self if one can sustain their disbelief wolves. which is really a stupid power to get... oh I so don't know what I'm going to do with these human skulls. oh well add them to the pile of corpses I pick up.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:13:53 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 24, 2011, 12:37:41 am »

I was playing a duel spear-wielder when she got her foot chewed off by an alligator. After abusing the crutch glitch and killing plenty, her other foot getting sensory nerve damage for some reason made it stop working. She then got murdered by a night creature using an iron cap is pulled off her partially because her companions were sitting back for no reason.

I then made a series of like a half dozen other adventures who tried to avenge (mostly wrestlers and lashers with two axemen as companions). After half of them died on the way there and the other half got killed by the night creature itself (the motherfucker was somehow almost impossible to hit yet big enough to not get significantly hurt by many attacks or knocked over, and the iron cap was an annoyingly powerful weapon) I got pissed so I made a super strong, agile, and tough demigod swordsman adventurer to kill it in three attacks. The final adventurer then gathered everyone's items into one bag left at the entrance to the lair, burned all of the creature's corpse she could in one pyre (fun fact: night creature blood may erupted into steam cloud when heated), then every failed adventure in another, then herself.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 24, 2011, 06:26:42 am »

I just clean out 2 stores of their cash and items.
some how I really forgot about the cost of a single Adamantine axe would be.
well it didn't go against my rules I added earlier so this tactic should be legit.
well story wise I could say Tobul con some humans with a shoddy made  meat axe with cyan paint.
though when you have a lord and lady with you and peasants will buy anything off you.
"body swapping and YOU!"

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #1746 on: January 24, 2011, 11:22:40 am »

I'm torturing a troll, cut off it's hones and tusks, and made all its body parts yellow or red, now I'm wondering if while I'm there those wounds could heal, and this thing is something I want to know before I waste a hour pressing "." while it sits there unconscious.

And yes I know there is a forum section for question, but whatever.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:26:58 am by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 24, 2011, 01:24:17 pm »

All blunt attacks always glanced off in fortress mode, they weren't head attacks tho so i dunno about that. What will work is anything iron or better with edge attacks (spear,sword,axe,etc.). Just keep hacking away till the bits come off.

Blunt attacks from actual blunt weapons, especially warhammers, can work.

True. I killed my first Bronze Colossus by severing its lower body with the steel warhammer I scavenged off one of my dead buddies. Took a literal crapton of hits to get it done, though, so a bladed weapon would probably fare better nonetheless.
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 24, 2011, 05:58:38 pm »

I'm torturing a troll, cut off it's hones and tusks, and made all its body parts yellow or red, now I'm wondering if while I'm there those wounds could heal, and this thing is something I want to know before I waste a hour pressing "." while it sits there unconscious.

And yes I know there is a forum section for question, but whatever.

Severed body parts and nerves never grow back, but essentially everything else does eventually.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 25, 2011, 04:35:01 am »

...nerves never grow back, but essentially everything else does eventually.

I am sorry to point this out but in the raws, nerves have an (admittedly very high) regeneration rate, meaning nerves will regrow, but they may require several weeks of in-game time to do so.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 25, 2011, 08:53:26 am »

...nerves never grow back, but essentially everything else does eventually.

I am sorry to point this out but in the raws, nerves have an (admittedly very high) regeneration rate, meaning nerves will regrow, but they may require several weeks of in-game time to do so.

No it doesn't.

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:NERVE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_NAME:nervous tissue:NP]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[SCARS]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:NERVE]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[VASCULAR:3]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 25, 2011, 09:14:44 am »

Ah, I was thinking of bones. *Embarassment*
But still, that is why you should never get stung by a GDS...
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #1752 on: January 25, 2011, 03:37:12 pm »

umh... I have a night creature's lower body stuck in my upper front tooth... i'm gonna keep it there :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 25, 2011, 06:15:45 pm »

tobul raided 3 bandit camps and only one of them had 3 chests full of large armor.
Also Tobul during one of those raids finally kill a man so the kill count is one man and two wolves.
here's a small movie to show what's going on in my challenge. It's not recent but maybe I'll record something later.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:36:53 pm by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 25, 2011, 08:44:05 pm »

umh... I have a night creature's lower body stuck in my upper front tooth... i'm gonna keep it there :)

If you bite anything else, it will fall out. There is no way of disallowing biting from your auto-combat options. Eventually it will fall out.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 1104