Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099028 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1710 on: January 21, 2011, 05:34:43 pm »

I recently discovered Bownourishs, a human fortress made entirely out of gold. Can anyone find something stranger for one of those to be made of?
Pitchblende
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Saves. NOW.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mandango

• Bay Watcher
  • mayor cancels Destroy Building: Resting injury.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 21, 2011, 05:51:55 pm »

Just an average upstart axeman adventurer sent to kill the leader of a bandit camp.  Gets to bandit camp and is immediately notified that the leader has died of old age.
Don't forget to check that a live puppy not falling to his doom will also set off such a plate of course.
I'm not sure if I follow the logic here.  So... how do we kill the puppies?

Adramelech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 21, 2011, 06:33:18 pm »

After having killed a multitude of beasts ranging from a cyclops to a troll to many minotaurs, I got bored and headed to the northernmost point I could reach without swimming.
On my way back, having decided to not commit suicide by drowning, my party of 8 (including me) goes to sleep and shortly thereafter gets ambushed by a local gang and all but 3 of us are dead upon waking up or killed within the first few turns by their 3 crossbowmen, one of whom being their leader.

Entered a martial trance upon waking up and took out 4 men (a wrestler, a lasher, a swordsman and a spearman) in the same general area in order to save my spearman companion from certain doom. The gang had a maceman that had engaged my surviving hammerman and had, before I was unable to reach the battle, killed him. I immediately took vengeance by severing his head in one swoop of my axe.

My spearwoman shortly thereafter got shot in the hand by a bolt, damaging her bone and making her pass out from the pain.

I ran into the center of the three crossbowmen (to my NE and SE were crossbowmen, to my SW was a tree and to the NW was the leader) and proceeded to sever more limbs and disable more of them - even killing one by striking them with the pommel of my axe and sending a rib through their heart.

After the carnage, I waited around for my sole surviving companion, the spearwoman, to wake up from her pain. We traveled southward to the nearest town and went into a house to sleep.

By the hand of either luck or fate, we stay in the house that I had gone to to receive my first quest. I got a nice welcome from them.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:35:07 pm by Adramelech »

Spork The Slightly Insane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McWrestler cancels attack: sent into orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 21, 2011, 07:39:11 pm »

I was given the assignment of taking out a titan with 160 kills to its name. As soon as I get there, I look to see what it's made out of.

Salt.

I one-shotted it, severing it in two.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 21, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »

After having killed a multitude of beasts ranging from a cyclops to a troll to many minotaurs, I got bored and headed to the northernmost point I could reach without swimming.
On my way back, having decided to not commit suicide by drowning, my party of 8 (including me) goes to sleep and shortly thereafter gets ambushed by a local gang and all but 3 of us are dead upon waking up or killed within the first few turns by their 3 crossbowmen, one of whom being their leader.

Entered a martial trance upon waking up and took out 4 men (a wrestler, a lasher, a swordsman and a spearman) in the same general area in order to save my spearman companion from certain doom. The gang had a maceman that had engaged my surviving hammerman and had, before I was unable to reach the battle, killed him. I immediately took vengeance by severing his head in one swoop of my axe.

My spearwoman shortly thereafter got shot in the hand by a bolt, damaging her bone and making her pass out from the pain.

I ran into the center of the three crossbowmen (to my NE and SE were crossbowmen, to my SW was a tree and to the NW was the leader) and proceeded to sever more limbs and disable more of them - even killing one by striking them with the pommel of my axe and sending a rib through their heart.

After the carnage, I waited around for my sole surviving companion, the spearwoman, to wake up from her pain. We traveled southward to the nearest town and went into a house to sleep.

By the hand of either luck or fate, we stay in the house that I had gone to to receive my first quest. I got a nice welcome from them.

Retire. The adventurer and the companion deserve a happy end after this.

I was given the assignment of taking out a titan with 160 kills to its name. As soon as I get there, I look to see what it's made out of.

Salt.

I one-shotted it, severing it in two.

Lucky. The last titan I saw was essentially a golden variation of a bronze colossus, with poison.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 21, 2011, 08:02:34 pm »

Retire. The adventurer and the companion deserve a happy end after this.

Lucky. The last titan I saw was essentially a golden variation of a bronze colossus, with poison.

I agree on the retiring. Also, wouldn't a golden colossus be a lot easier to kill since gold is so soft?

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:57 pm »

It also happens to be very heavy, better than silver for blunt weapons. Which the titan's fists were, as it demonstrated on my unfortunate companion. I had to retreat as fast as I could.
Also, it's still chipping away at a metal statue with bronze weapons.

Meanwhile, another adventurer got some unexpected help from wildlife. A fleeing (handless, horribly wounded) goblin, en route to a dark fortress to send another group after me, ran into a pack of sleeping lions not two screens away. Fortunate.

Additionally, in the next engagement with a patrol from the same fortress, one or two hammergoblins split from the main group to hunt an elephant herd. You can imagine how that went.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:58:39 pm by NewSheoth »
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Spork The Slightly Insane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McWrestler cancels attack: sent into orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 22, 2011, 01:26:51 am »

GOD DAMMIT.

Edit: Just checked his legends page. He was a legendary hero in every friendly society.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:39:02 am by Spork The Slightly Insane »

ShayuaHaise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 22, 2011, 02:23:59 am »

So, I'm playing my dragon and whatnot, when suddenly my companions leave me in the middle of the night and bogeymans attack me. I go to aim attack one, when it says there's a lizard fiend nearby. So I say, "OSHT" and attack it. My dragon charges at the lizard fiend...

Which is 131 Z levels down, in Hell. I charged straight through the ground into Hell, and was stuck there with angry demons. I tried fast traveling, can't. I tried sleeping, didn't help. Until exactly seven days in, as soon as dawn broke on the upper world, I was teleported out to sea. I flew up and flew back to land, which took me a long time, but man, what the hell? This dragon is probably mentally traumatized by now.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 22, 2011, 07:29:56 am »

Currently, my swordsman just got the shit beaten out of him by a chieftess, passed out, and woke up next to his companions, blood all over the place, and a lot of vomit. Turns out they massively beat her....
And I sleep for 13 hours, everything heals apart from a tiny injury...
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
  • Standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 22, 2011, 08:34:49 am »

I just found a pitchblende fortress. Is that rare?
Nanos gigantium humeris insidentes.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1721 on: January 22, 2011, 08:35:42 am »

I just found a pitchblende fortress. Is that rare?
Nope.
Though it's not common either.

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
  • Standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 22, 2011, 08:39:15 am »

'Kay. Anything to do with it? Like mine the walls or something?
Nanos gigantium humeris insidentes.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 22, 2011, 08:41:48 am »

Nope
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 22, 2011, 09:00:01 am »

My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 1104