Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099073 times)

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1695 on: January 20, 2011, 03:34:47 pm »

One of my adventurers just got sent to kill a groom of the twilight woman.

... FINALLY. FINALLY I GET TO KILL SPARKLEPIRES
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 20, 2011, 04:52:10 pm »

I recently discovered Bownourishs, a human fortress made entirely out of gold. Can anyone find something stranger for one of those to be made of?

Also, I'm reaffirming that picks are insanely good weapons: after my dwarf spent forever trying to find enough crap to buy a well-crafted one, she was able to use it to cut off one night creatures head with the first attack of the battle and cut another one in half with her second (this isn't one fight if you're wondering).

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 20, 2011, 05:11:10 pm »

I recently discovered Bownourishs, a human fortress made entirely out of gold. Can anyone find something stranger for one of those to be made of?
Pitchblende

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 20, 2011, 06:03:10 pm »

Also, I'm reaffirming that picks are insanely good weapons: after my dwarf spent forever trying to find enough crap to buy a well-crafted one, she was able to use it to cut off one night creatures head with the first attack of the battle and cut another one in half with her second (this isn't one fight if you're wondering).
    It's easy to cut a night creature's head off the first attack with a sword or axe.... but hell yeah picks are awesome i wanna mine through a bronze colossus

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 21, 2011, 09:58:46 am »

Pitchblende
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 21, 2011, 10:23:19 am »

Pitchblende
Seriously? That's messed up. Was it in an area like Armok's Stomach, where things were randomly collapsing into the bowels of the earth?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 21, 2011, 10:45:23 am »

yes. plus I could bring SMR on embark... uh...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 21, 2011, 10:46:09 am »

Was that fortress of gold's name in the 'untranslated' version Eldorado by any chance?
Also, I don't remember seeing pitchblende fortresses myself, but one guy on these forums did, a while ago. So yeah, that happens too.
HFS rock castles are quite impressive. The king of the nation was probably a demon in disguise smuggling the rock from the circus.
Now, only one thing remains. Raw adamantine fortress.

Bringing SMR on embark is... just... yeah.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 21, 2011, 10:53:51 am »

well I can make one of those  ;D
wait a minute. just embark on one of the raw adamantine ones and HUZZAH! free adamantine 4 life with no consequences (and even friendly human cannon fodder!)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 21, 2011, 11:05:19 am »

Now, just imagine... an SMR castle. Its towers will be suspiciously empty.

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
  • Standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 21, 2011, 03:56:11 pm »

My first ever (real) adventurer who killed 4 bandits was just eaten by a pack of wolves. Still, killing those bandits was awesome! My adventurer started with no armour - any tips?
Nanos gigantium humeris insidentes.

shlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 21, 2011, 04:41:10 pm »

Make a fort with metal bins filled to the brim with masterwork spoiler stone armor. Or just steal everything you need from a shop in a town of a civilization you don't care about. Also get dodging and shield user skills when creating your adventurer. If you're a human take your dead companions' gear, if you're a dwarf take it from goblins. Lairs tend to contain some assorted armor bits too occasionally.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 21, 2011, 04:42:57 pm »

I, just today, realized that DFusion's "ghostliness" tool is essentially walk through walls for adventure mode. Most fun I've had in a while!

ShayuaHaise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 21, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »

I'm currently playing a basic mod my friend taught me how to make, which allows dragons to be their own civ. They're intelligent, can fly (Added wings.) and live in human-like towns, but can not open doors due to not having any limbs that can grasp. I'm currently a dragon "Elite Wrestler" who had four dragon companions and a human archer (To open doors.). Unfortunately, while fighting atop a mountain against a Dwarven ambush (I didn't know dwarves could ambush in this version, considering I can never find their civs either.), my archer was tackled by an axeman who's arms I bit off, and they both fell to their death off the mountain, the dwarf exploding and my archer, suprisingly, living with only a broken rib through both his lungs and his heart. He died.

Later, I freaked out my Dragon companions by ALT+5ing and then selecting "Above" to go up over a fortress wall (No one to open the door now.) When they saw this, they all decompanioned, and flew away, except for one, who now stays about 1-3 Z-levels above me at all times. Even when sleeping, apperently. I'll wake up and he'll be sleeping in mid-air.

So yes, that's what's been happening in my adventure. Very odd.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 21, 2011, 05:08:23 pm »

I was going to my fortress that just got destroyed by

I do belive a flying cave collapsed and there's boiling water lava and a lot of stuff going on

Edit: My fps is getting killed and a lake is being formed or something like that

Edit2: Wtf i got ambushed by some bogeymans, the game just frozen...when it came back more flying caves falling...what's going on?

Edit3: I felt uneasy:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:31:21 pm by Darion »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 1104