Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099149 times)

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1620 on: January 08, 2011, 10:39:28 pm »

that is the same response I got for shooting someone's head off with a bow a few weeks ago...

Maynot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: January 08, 2011, 11:39:01 pm »

I was running around with my adventurer in a 900 year world.  I went to this cave and found it surrounded by tons of crafts and a horde of kobolds.  Might as well build a fort there for all that free loot.
I play games of games inside games in my head.

Adramelech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: January 09, 2011, 12:25:16 am »

I recently had an axeman who got his arm chopped off on his first or second quest.
He went on to lead a band of 14+ followers and had slain ettin, minotaurs, families of dark trolls and more.
I retired him after a bit because I wanted to play an adventurer in that same world who wasn't a one-armed rampage machine. :-\

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: January 09, 2011, 09:41:58 am »

I was wandering around a town as a Nord (Genesis, and im a Nord also) when some PSYCHOPATH Frenchman Cheese Maker just started being aggressive towards me.
Terrified, i defended myself.

Now, no matter what these ASCIIs may imply, he is not laying on the ground in pain while i viciously and savagely maim him.
He is actively attacking me, and all im doing is defending myself.
Hed kill me if i even hesitated
He was armed with a... sword... and all his slashes missed because i dodged them...
Im so lucky to be alive!
Hes dead though.
Dont bother looking for the body.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 09:49:18 am by Chilton »
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: January 09, 2011, 04:34:51 pm »

playing as a jade dwarf in the deon mod for the testing if I can rest a adventurer in fort mode and re-rest and reclaim the spot.
I originally had a group of Keepers but they got attacked and had only 3 left alive.
Settled into a empty fort and pick up a good hand few of orcs for work.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:52:01 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: January 09, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »

I just exacted savage revenge on a human lawman who had prematurely ended the life of my previous adventurer.

As I was whaling on a few defenseless peasants, he walked up to me and took a swing with his copper boning knife. I dodged down onto a lower z-level, and my reward for being stunned was a single stab to the foot that made me pass out.

.-.

Boning knife to brain shortly thereafter.

So, new adventurer. Wrestler this time around. I wait till night, sneak into a house to scare the bogeys off, then murder everyone inside. After that I manage to find the house the lawman now resides in. Taking my time, I snap both his shoulder and his hip.

I try chopping his toes off but it... doesn't turn out brilliantly. Something about tearing the skin. It's not sailing off in an arc so I'm dissatisfied.

So! I decide to see what else of his I can grab. I notice the demented bastard wearing a HUMAN TOOTH CROWN.

Amused, I flip the crown upside down and jam it into his brain. I hope they came from a human who's since become a zombie, because that would be sweet poetic justice.

I'm gonna go find my old corpse and slap people with it now.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: January 09, 2011, 09:24:20 pm »

I think I found a lady whose the leader of some sort of cult. 90% of the people in her castle are women and she calls her self the servant of death. She also said "Life is in a word death"

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: January 09, 2011, 10:21:44 pm »

Sounds like a suicide cult. You should check back in at the turn of the century and see if they've all ritually killed themselves.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: January 09, 2011, 11:11:50 pm »

Amused, I flip the crown upside down and jam it into his brain. I hope they came from a human who's since become a zombie, because that would be sweet poetic justice.

Currently zombies aren't living creatures that became zombies, they were just spawned as zombies.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: January 09, 2011, 11:53:51 pm »

So I've been making Demigod MMA dwarves basically. They all end up dying painfully, but it makes me feel like a badass half the time. This is how I start my very first quest on a new guy.

I get sent to kill a Cougar and when I descend into its dark lair, it charges me. I bide my time and when it gets into range... I one-shot kick it in the face and jam it's skull through it's brain. Since I'm a Dwarf, what I picture is something akin to a Spartan kick straight to the Cougars face.

Edit: Just lost the adventurer to Bogeymen. I was on the way to kill some Bandits when we get ambushed. I lose one of my Crossbowmen instantly thanks to an enemy Crossbowman. I realize that we're heavily outnumbered and we're not going to survive, so I high-tail it out of there. One of my guys tries to follow me, but he isn't fast enough and tries to veer off. I assume he died. I feel guilty about 10 seconds of non-stop running later, and start heading towards him. I find a lone enemy and exact my revenge upon him. I grab his arm and break it, then gouge out both his eyes, before finally Falcon Punching him in the head. Sadly the ambush happened right before nightfall. So I desperately start off towards the nearest settlement, but no luck. I run and make it for about a minute before a Bogeyman jumps out of the darkness infront of me and I collide with him and fall. Needless to say I died...instantly. Never even got a chance to fight back.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:08:51 am by FuzzyDoom »
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

JacobTheMighty

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: January 10, 2011, 12:38:38 am »

So i've been experimenting with different unarmed fighters for the past couple days (i.e. kickers, strikers, wrestlers, biters) and so far i've found that kickers and strikers are shite, but the wrestler i made ended up being awesome and my biter is still a work in progress, but she's doing pretty good.

My wrestler's Story

Urist McDwarfyPants stepped from his house, ready to set off and make a name for himself. Before he left, he asked his friends and neighbors of any services he could lend them, to which they directed him to several bandit camps, thinking that this was the last time they've ever see poor Urist.

When his first great challenge came, an outlaw leader, he wrestled her guards into uselessness with joint locks, breaking their arms and legs, then did the same to her. Afterwards he executed every last one of them with an axe he found on the leader. This axe would become his trusty executioners tool.

From there, he proceeded to fight other bandits and creatures of the night, gaining of following of warriors who also wanted glory.

One highlight of his adventures is being sent to fight a minotaur and spending countless hours trying to wrestle it into submission, finally suceeding in applying a chokehold, knocking it unconscious, then caving in it's skull with his boot.

Sadly, his life was cut short before he could attain his most epic goal. He was sent by a Lady to go to a Cave Dragon's lair and kill it, and Urist being the man he is, decided that he'd wrestle it into submission and attempt riding it, but before he had a chance to even try this feat of heroism, he was ambushed by kobolds while on his way to the cave.

The battle was long fought, and in it, Urist applied three chokeholds at once on three different kobolds, but his life was cut short when a sneaky conniving kobold shot him in the back of the head with a bow. Urist's life ended there and then, before he was able to achieve glorious sucess.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: January 10, 2011, 12:59:27 am »

Made the most badass Dwarf MMA fighter yet. Went around kicking heads in, survived 2 bolts to the head, only to die while sleeping in a castle's courtyard with 3 companions. Kinda glad though, I had just given up trying to find the Bandit leader of the latest camp. Had killed all the rest of his cronies but couldn't find him. He must've run off or kept going when I sneaked around a tree.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: January 10, 2011, 06:37:57 am »

Currently zombies aren't living creatures that became zombies, they were just spawned as zombies.
I know, but it's POETIC justice =P

Hmm. I wonder then, would a zombie human's teeth be named differently from a regular human's?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 10, 2011, 08:48:52 am »

Well I am continuing to choke people Crysis-style and throw them at each other. also got loads of bolts and arrows that I use like machineguns  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

vettkinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: January 10, 2011, 09:31:21 am »

I was sparring with a friendly bandit to train when this happened:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's night and I no longer have my bandit buddy, hopefully the boogeymen won't get me  :-[
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 1104