Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099148 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1605 on: January 07, 2011, 09:52:38 am »

I fell into the water.
I cant swim, but i didnt die. I was washed into a mountain range and left cold and alone to try and get out. And failing.

I died.
:(
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1606 on: January 07, 2011, 12:13:04 pm »

I started a new outsider adventurer. No clothes, only copper spear and dagger, gave her above average strength, agility and endurance. So I go and  accept a bunch of quests at once from some random person, and go of into the wilderness on my own towards a bandit camp. There were only two people there, a mauler and hammer 'master'. So I beat the crap, and life, out of them and steal everything but the gloves and mittens. All covered in bruises, I go for a short, non-'T' walk. A cougar comes by so I whack it a couple of times, strangle, then facepunch. I pick up the corpse, and soon see another cougar walk by. So I claw it all up and beat it up with the dead cougar. It goes KO and I crush it's skull with the dead cougar. I can now dual wield cougars, but I won't.

K17U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 07, 2011, 03:25:08 pm »

After the fun times that were bandit camps, I finally got directed to the local castle for a REAL MAN's quest, which turned out to be slaying a mountain titan that had killed one person. After my 3-day trek with my war party of 20 swordsmen, I finally arrived at the titan's shrine, ready for the battle of all battles that would determine the fate of the universe!

The Peasant stabs the Mountain Titan in the body, breaking away most of the tissue!
Mountain Titan has been struck down.

The ultimate fight that would spell doom for the entire world of my Dwarf Fortress game if I lost, and the mountain titan fell to some peasant's kitchen knife. If it died from a single stab from some run-of-the-mill human peasant, how did it even manage to KILL someone?
(The body weighed <1 Urist, and was unbutcherable in the sense that it didn't even show up on the butcher list.)

Exact same thing happened to me just now
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It was made of fire, so I expected at least to be launched several Urists through the air, but I didn't even get slight burns.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 07, 2011, 03:32:03 pm »

After the fun times that were bandit camps, I finally got directed to the local castle for a REAL MAN's quest, which turned out to be slaying a mountain titan that had killed one person. After my 3-day trek with my war party of 20 swordsmen, I finally arrived at the titan's shrine, ready for the battle of all battles that would determine the fate of the universe!

The Peasant stabs the Mountain Titan in the body, breaking away most of the tissue!
Mountain Titan has been struck down.

The ultimate fight that would spell doom for the entire world of my Dwarf Fortress game if I lost, and the mountain titan fell to some peasant's kitchen knife. If it died from a single stab from some run-of-the-mill human peasant, how did it even manage to KILL someone?
(The body weighed <1 Urist, and was unbutcherable in the sense that it didn't even show up on the butcher list.)

Exact same thing happened to me just now
It was made of fire, so I expected at least to be launched several Urists through the air, but I didn't even get slight burns.

Having your only body part being "body" is never a good sign (for it).

K17U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 07, 2011, 03:38:33 pm »

It had a shell too though.
But that didn't help much apparently.

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 07, 2011, 05:28:13 pm »

"You shake the pikeman around by the guts!"

Spork The Slightly Insane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McWrestler cancels attack: sent into orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 07, 2011, 11:09:01 pm »

Well, just had a fairly successful character. Until I was ambushed by a metric ass-ton of goblins. My party and I take out 4/5 of the melee goblins while there about 4-5 archer goblins a bit farther away. I let my party mop up the last of the melee goblins while I made my way towards the archers. Disaster struck, and I was shot in the heart. I was close enough to the goblin that fired it, so I rip out the bolt from my heart and proceed to stab the goblin with the bolt in the chest twice, and then the head. Slowly bleeding out, I made my way to the next goblin. I didn't even fuck around with him. I just stabbed him in the face and started to make my way to the next two. Unfortunately, I bled out before I could stab any more fools.
Bale Redsplatters the Weight of Focus, you fought valiantly, and shall not be forgotten.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 08, 2011, 12:58:52 am »

Well, just had a fairly successful character. Until I was ambushed by a metric ass-ton of goblins. My party and I take out 4/5 of the melee goblins while there about 4-5 archer goblins a bit farther away. I let my party mop up the last of the melee goblins while I made my way towards the archers. Disaster struck, and I was shot in the heart. I was close enough to the goblin that fired it, so I rip out the bolt from my heart and proceed to stab the goblin with the bolt in the chest twice, and then the head. Slowly bleeding out, I made my way to the next goblin. I didn't even fuck around with him. I just stabbed him in the face and started to make my way to the next two. Unfortunately, I bled out before I could stab any more fools.
Bale Redsplatters the Weight of Focus, you fought valiantly, and shall not be forgotten.
Someone needs to draw this.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1613 on: January 08, 2011, 11:16:16 am »

Like motherfuckin' Boromir.
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 08, 2011, 02:58:31 pm »

I am currently singlehandedly murdering a whole siege-like force. with no armor on me.

I'll report when done.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 08, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »

Went to kill a minotaur with 35 kills with 2 companions, I had been 1-shotting stupid night creatures for a while so I thought I'd be fine.

The minotaur now has 38 kills.

checked legends, I missread the lady, it was 75 kills, now 78...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:01:11 pm by xeivous »

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 08, 2011, 05:03:20 pm »

Went to kill a minotaur with 35 kills with 2 companions, I had been 1-shotting stupid night creatures for a while so I thought I'd be fine.

You didn't necessarily misread, the people who send you on these missions tend to not know of all the people a very old monster has killed.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 08, 2011, 06:05:00 pm »

You didn't necessarily misread, the people who send you on these missions tend to not know of all the people a very old monster has killed.
yeah from testing this out I kill a kid and took possession of his body and traveled up to where my adventurer was (this was during my test on strength of the night creature army) so far the kid gave Kogan a quest to kill a wolf (in the area he died by the same wolf... who was a companion with the group of night creatures). So one could be given a small tidbit of info and walk into a ambush and be out numbered. Best for those wanting to make a custom quest that forces folks to travel around the world using clues on where this person might be.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 08, 2011, 09:33:18 pm »

Start new adventurer, go to kill a bandit, slay a few of her cronies, she announces herself, turns out to be a bowwoman.

Dodge arrow, block, shot in the arm, lost motor nerves and drop scimitar, pick it up, charge her and get shot in the left lung.

I try to hack her hand off, but even with easy strikes I can't hit, get my head shot off after 3 attempts.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 08, 2011, 10:06:36 pm »

Start new adventurer, go to kill a bandit, slay a few of her cronies, she announces herself, turns out to be a bowwoman.

Dodge arrow, block, shot in the arm, lost motor nerves and drop scimitar, pick it up, charge her and get shot in the left lung.

I try to hack her hand off, but even with easy strikes I can't hit, get my head shot off after 3 attempts.

Holy crap, that's like that scene from Princess Monoke.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 1104