Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099180 times)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1590 on: January 03, 2011, 07:36:22 pm »

Dwarf Fortress - Where everyone breaks the Laws of the world

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 03, 2011, 09:30:03 pm »

The flying silver bolt strikes You in the lower front tooth from behind and the severed part flies off in an arc.

I this a bug or something? how can they shoot at my teeth from behind?
It could also mean that they fired from behind as you looked at them so you were actually facing them as the bolt struck your tooth.

No... I think that the bolt went into his mouth, bounced off the back of his throat and blasted his tooth out. That, or it went through the back of his neck without doing ANY damage whatsoever, and then hit his tooth as it came out of his mouth. That would look very strange from the front. People would think that he was breathing arrows as a dragon breathes fire. Wonder if anyone has made a mod like that....

Fluid

• Bay Watcher
  • Something has gone, Terribly wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 03, 2011, 11:05:09 pm »

The flying silver bolt strikes You in the lower front tooth from behind and the severed part flies off in an arc.

It could also mean that they fired from behind as you looked at them so you were actually facing them as the bolt struck your tooth.

No... I think that the bolt went into his mouth, bounced off the back of his throat and blasted his tooth out. That, or it went through the back of his neck without doing ANY damage whatsoever, and then hit his tooth as it came out of his mouth. That would look very strange from the front. People would think that he was breathing arrows as a dragon breathes fire. Wonder if anyone has made a mod like that....
Bolts going right through the throat and not doing anything sounds completely possible and reasonable.
But seriously, I've had times where my attacks (with VERY small objects, like coins) have "gone right through" attacks to the head.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 03, 2011, 11:12:28 pm »

Alternately, it hit him in the cheek but did not penetrate it, and the force of it knocked his tooth out.
Even though this seems to me like the most likely answer, I prefer Ze Spy's answer.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #1594 on: January 04, 2011, 03:05:15 am »

Thank you for your suggestions of explaining this strange event. It is fun to see some strangeness during the alpha development phase of this truly wonderful game.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

vettkinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 04, 2011, 04:42:13 am »

I experimented the different default companions to carry so I tried an all archer/crossbowman group (about 10) and tried hunting down a hill titan. It was a long journey with many perils along the way (goblin ambushes, yeti, etc.). Needless to say, only 1 bowman survived.

I experimented some more using melee companions, but they all quickly slain by bandits. HOWEVER, the surviving bowman was different, even with his damaged leg he is still able to wack enemies senseless, destroying their brains. Is this normal? He's fat and nothing special, but the bowman kills easily by bashing enemy heads.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 04, 2011, 06:32:33 am »

Managed to get 3 goblin comanions ( ::) don't ask me how, it was just at the start of an ambush) , then they attacked me , all ended up with there heads cracked  :P
If you know how manny bogeymans i killed , pfff
But somehow I always end up killed by one of them , managed to kill a 2headed buffed up beast , stole allot of weapons from the enemy
Aand thats all
Desu

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 04, 2011, 09:29:16 am »

A tough goblin lasher and his crossbowman companion fight me.

Haha, found it! It fits perfectly. Enjoy!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 04, 2011, 04:06:00 pm »

well after beating 2 gongs and being severly wounded I found a lair... for a Wolf.
just one wolf in a cave.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 05, 2011, 12:07:39 am »

I was testing out my Golem after adding wings and the ability to fly, when I spawned a harpy.
I busted its wings, and she fell three z-levels.
My golem then grabbed her by the head.
From three z-levels away in the sky.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 05, 2011, 12:45:58 am »

I was testing out my Golem after adding wings and the ability to fly, when I spawned a harpy.
I busted its wings, and she fell three z-levels.
My golem then grabbed her by the head.
From three z-levels away in the sky.

Yeah, there's a z-level glitch. Sometimes you can pull the tails of demons down in hell, or bite the antennae off of Ant Queens in their lairs.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 05, 2011, 09:13:05 am »

I gone and tested if issra the wailing creature and her 7x band of ghouls can take on Kogan... NOPE.
kogan was at a the super bronze agility of 99 and still kill all of them using nothing but dodges and counterattacks. so I take it 6 night creatures isn't enough and I may have to add more before the battle with kogan in the cave/home the bronze crash in.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 06, 2011, 07:49:56 am »

Today the Bile Demon Gozru Shaftdungeons, the Unholy Reigns Of Shame, died.

After butchering its way across part of the continent, decimating several villages and fortresses, with one hundred and forty five kills to its name, it attempted to cross a river and drowned.

Lol!

Avarage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 06, 2011, 03:39:17 pm »

Just grabbed 4 companions and set off to de-populate a bandit hideout. You know, the typical.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 06, 2011, 11:53:31 pm »

This

the guy is still asleep...
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1104