Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099202 times)

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1530 on: December 23, 2010, 06:34:13 am »

First quest ever... "Kill this Night Creature!".  My response "... 'Kay."  I recruited a peasant to take a couple hits for me, ran after her, found her in a lair scattered with dwarf, human, and dog bones and engaged.  I... did not know these things were so tough.  I think, as a hammerdwarf, I must have "Fractured" her skull at least 20 times in the fight.  By the END of it all her arms, legs, ribs, skull, eyes, brain, etc. were broken by me and my peasant before she finally succumbed to her wounds.  Unfortunately by the end both my legs were broken, I had one eye, my left arm was torn apart, and I was bleeding profusely.  Peasant had nary a scratch on him despite attacking her head on... and spending the entire fight kicking the Night Creature in the head.

Then I crawled out of the cave and got my head smashed by a sasquatch.

PS:  Now to add it's frickin' late and I'm addicted to Adventure mode now that I'm actually doing quite well for a beginner.  Taken down 3 Night Beast quests and a bandit camp and have 4 followers and a Peasant meatshield but now I've encountered an issue.  With all the loot I've been selling/finding in lairs I now have a lot of copper/silver/gold coins and since I'm a dwarf I can't buy any armor... however I have found a weapon shop that is selling an upgrade to my copper short sword yet the shopkeep refuses to accept my money. I can make an OFFER money as if I'm trying to sell him stuff but for whatever reason it will not let me put forth any in terms of trying to buy it.  Quite annoying.  Also all the coins refuse to stack, what am I doing wrong there?

PPS:  I think I found out.  Didn't know every town used it's own special brand of currency.  Ugh, what a pain...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:51:24 am by MythagoWoods »
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: December 23, 2010, 12:52:28 pm »

Playing using the LoZ mod, and I just killed my first megabeast. Ever.

I was on my way back to town, when:

"You have discovered a lair."

I was going to pass by it, but then I thought, "Why not? I've got plenty of time before sundown." So off I went. I searched a bit, found the lair, and went in. Boom. Great Dodongo. "Oh... crap." I thought I was dead for sure. Then my companions started punching it. "Idiots..." what were they thinking? Then I saw one of them get his arm ripped off. "Ouch." (Now you will know why you fear the megabeast.) I knew I was screwed, but I wanted to save my companions. So, simply for the sake of fun, I jumped in after them and started hacking away. After about 30 rounds of hacking at various parts of the Dodongo's body, it bled to death. It was so easy, I was wondering why megabeasts were so scary. (Well, I did have 6 other companions with me.)

Now I'm going to try and make some armor from the Dodongo's scales. I feel like a champion.  :D

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: December 23, 2010, 02:29:20 pm »

Well, I'm off to a quick start as a Mindflayer Archmaster. I've killed around 5 creatures, one of which was a black bear, all of them for quests. It's extremely fun to create infinite fire arrow and just throw them into people, once I one-shotted a black bear with a fire arrow. Or using my tentacles to poision and shred the enemy, once I grabbed on to a night creature's arm and ripped it off with my tentacles by wrestling/shaking it.

The world I'm in only has 10 civs, and only about 4 or 5 races, Illithids, Werewolves, Orcs, Keepers, and Elves.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: December 23, 2010, 04:45:35 pm »

I've been messing around with a modded race called Blood Apes.  Basically, giant talking gorillas, whose feet all have [GRASP].  Although it took me a while to get them to work right, they are definitely a force to be reckoned with.  I gathered a squad of 5 others and massacred a couple human castles.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: December 23, 2010, 05:27:37 pm »

Recently went around as a Lasher/Maceman. He was doing well, until his arms were permenently broken. He was still a tactician for a few more quests, until his mental health seriously declined. He tried kicking his companions to death, who promptly broke his legs and severed his head.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: December 24, 2010, 12:31:12 am »

Something just turned out EXACTLY how I wanted it to. I made a human swordsman named "Inigo", and I nicknamed one of my followers "Myfather". A bandit maceman killed him.
Poetically, I went into a martial trance and cut off his arm, which I followed with stabbing him in the face, killing him instantly.
The outcome was obvious, but the martial trance shocked me.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: December 24, 2010, 01:40:16 am »

Playing that Mind Flayer game, I've grown really fast. Killed a bunch of night creatures outlaws etc, now I have a party of 16, part orc part elves. The funny thing is, and this will probably be my downfall, is that my main attack is spouting, which I fear will be overall ineffective against tougher creatures. Atleast Flayers have poision, which makes the opponent dizzy after a bit.

I'm a great fighter, professional dodger, and a Expert wrestler/biter.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: December 24, 2010, 04:10:08 am »

I REALLY need to remember to take a screencap next time this happens...  but I was FINALLY doing quite well as a Human Swordsman.  I had 10 Notable kills under my belt, lots of training in Ambush/Throwing/Archery, just finished outfitting my guy with a full set of Bronze armor, which was a great upgrade from the Robe Reed dress I was running around in, as well as using a Steel Longsword and Shield.  I figured I was doing quite well so I grabbed a quest, another Night Creature.  "This will be an easy one." I thought as most of them are pushovers especially now.  I run out with my followers, head to its lair, waltz in and stab it in the face.

Then it latches onto my leg, rips it off, and proceeds to beat me with it.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: December 24, 2010, 05:30:21 am »

Went to a castle to recruit meatshields. Opened the doors and.... THERE'S A GOD DAMN DEER HERD IN THE CASTLE, RIGHT BEHIND THE DOOR!! The poor sob immediately got struck down.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 24, 2010, 10:26:17 am »

I REALLY need to remember to take a screencap next time this happens...  but I was FINALLY doing quite well as a Human Swordsman.  I had 10 Notable kills under my belt, lots of training in Ambush/Throwing/Archery, just finished outfitting my guy with a full set of Bronze armor, which was a great upgrade from the Robe Reed dress I was running around in, as well as using a Steel Longsword and Shield.  I figured I was doing quite well so I grabbed a quest, another Night Creature.  "This will be an easy one." I thought as most of them are pushovers especially now.  I run out with my followers, head to its lair, waltz in and stab it in the face.

Then it latches onto my leg, rips it off, and proceeds to beat me with it.

Reminds me of the one time I had this dwarf axeman who was doing extremely well, until a night creature punched him THROUGH the heart.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: December 25, 2010, 01:00:35 pm »

A demonic massacre.

I started off as a bile demon in the same place as most of my other adventures, so there are a lot of orcs around. The problem is that I seem to have no qualms about attacking my own people at random if I try to move in their direction. it's fucking annoying.

But I did this in the middle of a orc fortress while I was going to get new guys. Fair enough, the whole fortress, and the rest of the region, now hates me. I will make my last stand at the gates and go down in style.

Proceed to an hour long butchering session in which wipe the castle. The first time I kill the Lady in the charge of it too. I then travel out, sleep, get chased by boogeymen, back into the castle. Everyone's asleep, so I kill them all again. it's brilliant. Within thirty minutes of playing I had nearly forty kills! The only problem is that traveling around now is going to be an UTTER bastard because of the 'going it alone' and 'boogeymen' problem. If I can find some goblins and other thing then I might be able to team up with them and I don't think I'll attack them without warning.

K17U

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: December 25, 2010, 02:52:21 pm »

I just cleansed a colony of kobolds that beset an entrance to the caverns.
After wandering around down there with my party of 6 for a while I decided to rest. When I woke up I was on the surface.
Is this normal?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: December 25, 2010, 03:07:39 pm »

A demonic massacre.

I started off as a bile demon in the same place as most of my other adventures, so there are a lot of orcs around. The problem is that I seem to have no qualms about attacking my own people at random if I try to move in their direction. it's fucking annoying.

But I did this in the middle of a orc fortress while I was going to get new guys. Fair enough, the whole fortress, and the rest of the region, now hates me. I will make my last stand at the gates and go down in style.

Proceed to an hour long butchering session in which wipe the castle. The first time I kill the Lady in the charge of it too. I then travel out, sleep, get chased by boogeymen, back into the castle. Everyone's asleep, so I kill them all again. it's brilliant. Within thirty minutes of playing I had nearly forty kills! The only problem is that traveling around now is going to be an UTTER bastard because of the 'going it alone' and 'boogeymen' problem. If I can find some goblins and other thing then I might be able to team up with them and I don't think I'll attack them without warning.
Ah yeah, that's the problem with hostile creatures like demonic alliance in my mod. It works well for worldgen/fortress mode, but doesn't work well when you play as one in the adventure mode because you can attack anyone without any confirmation.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: December 25, 2010, 08:05:31 pm »

well found out the problem to Em's melting it's that she now eternally super heated by the Dragonfire.
and will boil the blood on her.
Which was found out when I swap her body for a Bronze one for testing.
In story news I'm going to have to build a Retirement home for wounded companions. Due to the sudden fear caused by Em's repeating melts... and super heated bronze.

edit: checking the legends I just found out that quazo isn't dead... she was put in to the hamlet Foldcreeks the same place Kogan when to rest.
after reviewing the remaining characters left alive and with people not horrribly dead and reanimated then die and reanimated again found out that aspa the engraver who I only remember picking up after 'losing' Quazo got loads of Hero in the eye of.
well Quazo got Legendary hero status and Kogan ended up killing some titan who killed a dwarf with the same first name.

so for now I'd place Kogan on rest until I can build a Foe for the bronze maybe a Bandit turn Night_Creature that dumps bunch of Demons into a town nearby and raise them as zombie minions.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: December 26, 2010, 07:24:57 am »

A demonic massacre.

Ah yeah, that's the problem with hostile creatures like demonic alliance in my mod. It works well for worldgen/fortress mode, but doesn't work well when you play as one in the adventure mode because you can attack anyone without any confirmation.

Ah well, apart from that sudden shock, the mod's awesome :)
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 1104