Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099319 times)

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1485 on: December 15, 2010, 09:30:21 pm »

Nope, uranium. The humans are just trying to make up for their lack of dwarfyness.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 16, 2010, 08:46:26 am »

All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 16, 2010, 09:03:49 am »

I made a character without buying the "swim" skill, and the mark (a crossbowman) was a half day's journey to the southwest. I get there, and he's IMMEDIATELY ACROSS THE RIVER, shooting arrows at me, and I can't cross the water to kill him. Eventually night falls and we're ALL eaten by boogeymen.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 16, 2010, 11:25:41 am »

I accidentally killed my Uber-legendary Retired adventurer Nickolas in a Fight that i started when i turned some random guy into a skeleton(DC , 40d)

Whoops , shit

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 16, 2010, 12:01:57 pm »

well during the misadventures of Atu and "JohnnyGhost' the BogeyHuman(Keeper what ever).
the band found a orc encampment. Well after researching necromancy for a while (I)atu found out how to raise the dead as zombies wand wanted to test out the ability on a orc. She then ecto-walk next to the big lug and attempt to talk to the swordman about the area but before she could do so she was cut off with a "I DON't WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" like a slap to her face Atu properly toss a fire arrow into the Rude Orc's chest (ectophase  in and out of the attack) and float up to see where johnny is.
Johnny being a once a bogeyman who snuck around the lands for lonely travelers (and still a part of their Civ) he terribly afraid of the day and when given the chance he will flee from any thing that dwell in the light. (Must I think it was from lack of weapons and being a nude Nongender BogeyHuman.) So during the short walk the orc follow her to the not so transparent naked human and was abound to cut him to ribbons until Atu mind bend the orc on last second removing any control to attack.while in the body Atu was about to make him drop his weapons until -snip- "BlahOrclongname lose hold of copper katana".

Johnny must have snap and gutted the person in 2 hits though given that the a professional dodger, fighter, biter, striker, and observer I shouldn't have taken him for granted. The orc slain left me two options 1 being free clothes for the nude man who now got the kill name Snakeberry 2 a new corpse to summon as a walking pack mule... given that johnny just tanned the skin and made a back pack out of the orc it's suitable fate for it.
JohnnyGhost, Snakeberry now deck out in a komodo w/orc backpack and wielding a copper katana (He looks either really badass and/or really girly depends on the gender of who I killed and I didn't know at the time and being non-gender human means he* should have androgynous features as well.) JGSB decided to move NE for awhile and leaving Atu behind (really wanting to test this out about now ) staring at the now blood stain area where the Orc once was. Atu perform the Blood Summon to resurrect the angry creature back from the depths of hell the zombie hand no working limbs and crawled around with a angry moan that drools out on occasion, Atu cheerfully screams in the air alerting johnny to the commotion walking back to see the Same creature he shank and stole his clothes and former body to make a backpack staring at him in rage! "OoHhh Shiii..." said both Atu and johnny as he sank his new pre-own blade into the body of the zombie. the funny thing about black arts is that some spells may need a period to settle in to the world so to say Attack a fresh from the dead zombie lead to the game to crash. well at least Johnny isn't nude now.

oh here a quick doodle of what they look like (made before the Orc attack and the study of his lack of gender was based around the time I converted johnny from bogey to human)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 16, 2010, 01:20:43 pm »

I'm some crippled SwordsHuman crawling around with his buddies about to go maul some goblins.

CRUTCH, I WILL FIND YOU YET!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 16, 2010, 02:21:14 pm »

My adventurers always carry crutches once they find them. It's like the msot important rule,  after "learn to swim".
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 16, 2010, 02:29:18 pm »

"As a general rule, crutches will always be gone from stores when you need them."

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: December 16, 2010, 02:33:56 pm »

That's why if you find one, you should take it with you.
Because getting back there for the World's Only Known Crutch will be much more difficult once you can't walk.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Fgw_wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: December 16, 2010, 02:58:58 pm »

I'm traipsing around a bandit camp looking for a leader who apparently turned tail and bolted when I killed two of his men and is now nowhere to be found.

Nevermind, bogeymen jumped me in my sleep, kicked my thumb and then caved my head in.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:01:53 pm by Fgw_wolf »

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: December 16, 2010, 03:12:18 pm »

I'm traipsing around a bandit camp looking for a leader who apparently turned tail and bolted when I killed two of his men and is now nowhere to be found.

Nevermind, bogeymen jumped me in my sleep, kicked my thumb and then caved my head in.

A section of the skull has collasped!

Fgw_wolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: December 16, 2010, 03:15:11 pm »

A section of the skull has collasped!

;_; I started out with an iron long sword and slept in the wild for weeks before they even showed.

DumbfoundedElf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 16, 2010, 04:24:01 pm »

Just died after my first "tis only a flesh wound" moment.

A chieftess decided to attack me in the wild.  After losing my four good companions(who were up against only two spearmen), I was left with only the chieftess.  I attacked her while she was running, she tuned around, attacked, and ran the other way.  Then we played ring around the tree until I thought I had an advantage.  attempted to stab with my pike-off goes one arm( was ripped off BY HER TEETH).  second attempt-there goes another.  Then I started to kick and bite her until she struck me down.

Oh, and I killed a crossbowman in the battle which shot me in the head before I got to them.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1498 on: December 16, 2010, 09:08:02 pm »

Just encountered a Cursed Fortress of my new modded civ of flying people. Eep.

Flying naked mindless wrestlers! :O
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 17, 2010, 02:18:14 am »

just lost my best companion yet when a cyclops grabbed her foot and threw her into a wall... She BLEW APART i went to look at the corpse later and all her limbs had seperated from her body ive never seen that before. As a punishment im mangling the cyclops but keeping it alive. ive broken every bone in the cyclops's body i could, torn its eye, removed all fingers and toes but i cant seem to sever anything else (I use a steel pick) Id really like to take its nose off and maybe an ear but nothings working...
Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 1104