Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099201 times)

Hurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1380 on: December 05, 2010, 07:01:57 am »

Attacked a titan made out of glass with a mace for like 50 rounds, all it did was chip it over and over. Finally had to switch to a crappy copper sword I had picked up, and behead it.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 05, 2010, 11:37:41 am »

I'm playing a human bowman right now. I'm just stalking around the wilds, until I find something (where I am, I usually find elephants) and stalk after them, firing arrow after arrow until they go down. Then, I rush forward and stab them in the head with my Bronze Arrow until it pierces their brain and they die.

Just now, I was in town to sell my stuff and maybe buy a new bow or more arrows, when I was attacked by an alligator. I fired an arrow at it, and then a man outside charged at it. By the time the alligator had ripped the man to shreds, it had a few arrows sticking out of it and a nasty beating from the civilian. It trudged into a pond, badly hurt, and died. That left me with tons of new strong leather clothes (which I am now wearing over my old crappy clothes), and dozens of alligator body parts to sell.
All I can say is that being a hunter is profitable, fun, badass, and it means you probably won't die.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 05, 2010, 12:47:48 pm »

Bronze colossus picked me up by my backpack and stole it, then smashed me in the face with it and i got killed by my own backpack lol

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 05, 2010, 12:54:13 pm »

Bronze colossus picked me up by my backpack and stole it, then smashed me in the face with it and i got killed by my own backpack lol

Would a backpack do damage in proportion to how much was in it?

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1384 on: December 05, 2010, 01:28:42 pm »

Someone find this out, for !!SCIENCE!!.
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: December 05, 2010, 01:52:53 pm »

There were lots of things in my backpack lol

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1386 on: December 05, 2010, 02:46:12 pm »

most likely, as it changes it's weight.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: December 05, 2010, 05:33:13 pm »

Hmmm... Not an adventure as such but just genned a new world and looking through legends found a war which has been raging since year 26 (my game starts in 1050!) between a dwarfen and elven kingdom which involves a rather unlucky hamlet called Pranksoils.

To begin the war 34 dwarfs slaughtered Pranksoils's garrison of 4 elves, 1 cheetah, and 2 lions and pillaged the hamlet. Since then all that has happened in this war has been around 60-90 dwarfs (sometimes with 5 subterranean creatures such as giant olms or jabberers) periodically deciding to come and attack Pranksoils (who after the first fight was never able to put up any defense force for any attack) but never destroy it. At the end of world gen Pranksoils had been pillaged by the dwarfs 76 times, not to mention constant megabeast attacks!

Sucks to live there! :P

Huw_Dawson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: December 05, 2010, 06:40:18 pm »

Lost quite a few adventurers recently. The dark creatures and consorts of the world are tough. :(

Just now, I was wandering down the coast, heading towards a larger town with more nearby quests than the villiage I started in, when all of a sudden the screen froze and dumped me onto the local map. The screen displayed the frightening blood-red message...

Longfin Mako Shark!!

The game had stopped me to inform me that I was being attacked by a beached shark. I'm going to go slice it up now.

Urist takes over shop
Materials he has not
Pants now adorn halls

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: December 05, 2010, 07:13:23 pm »

For the first mission my throwing-specced new peasant had to kill a bride or something.
Some kind of night creature, I think.

So, I get into her lair, start messing her up proper with stones. Her legs go before she can even get out of the lair. Most of her body ends up broken, and she's not dying. I figured I needed a brainshot to kill her.
I also figure it'd be easier to wait in the middle of this U shaped pond, so I can get more throwing per movement. Jump in the water...
And find out that I didn't, infact, put any points into swimming. She joins me, and I'm completely unable to dodge. She kills me before I can drown.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: December 05, 2010, 07:59:05 pm »

My Nord (Genesis) has currently killed 2 notable monsters. Thing is, they're both lions. I also killed both in two hits. Guess all the terrifying ones are gone. :'( :'(
I also melted my right arm after crafting a fire arrow.
Just imagine, a Nord carrying 2 lion corpses and a melted arm.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: December 05, 2010, 08:11:45 pm »

Longfin Mako Shark!!

The game had stopped me to inform me that I was being attacked by a beached shark. I'm going to go slice it up now.

Be careful, I've learned the hard way from the Arena; even a beached mako shark can one-shot your legendary wrestler dorf. :P
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #1392 on: December 05, 2010, 09:03:59 pm »

After a long career of killing beasts, bandits, night creatures, and other such things, my adventurer was finally called on to go and kill the dragon with 90+ kills who seemed to be the largest local threat.  With my five recruited swordsmen and spearmen, I found the lair, which was just completely stuffed full of coins, dead bodies, and clothing, with the dragon in the middle of it.  The fight was brutal, and the dragon breathed fire a few times in the process.  I managed to avoid being directly hit by the fire at any point, but most of the contents of the cave caught on fire.

We defeated the dragon and then fled the cave, which was rapidly filling with smoke.  I made it outside, appearing nearly undamaged, but as I was walking away my character started melting.  I checked my inventory, nothing seemed to be on fire, but the melting and bleeding was getting worse.  Several of my teammates spontaneously bled to death at this point.  Thinking that perhaps some of my armor had become superheated, I removed all my armor and clothing and dropped everything.  The melting and bleeding stopped, apparently just barely before I would have passed out from loss of blood.

I left the site and found a river to wash off and extinguish any remaining traces of fire in, narrowly escaping from hippos in the process.  I returned to the site of the battle, figuring that now hours later it would be safe to retrieve my armor.  My gear was scattered all over the place, of course.  I picked up and started putting on my dropped armor, at which point I started melting and bleeding again.  Apparently, my armor was now permanently hot enough to melt flesh.  Either that, or dragon blood causes a melting syndrome now.  So I dropped all my gear, declaring it cursed, returned to a nearby town, and retired the now badly injured and permanently scarred hero.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: December 05, 2010, 09:47:52 pm »

I spawn in a human town, a pikeman ready for adventure. I get a quest to kill a goblin lasher and head towards the camp, where I discover "half a day's walk" actually means "three quarters of a day's walk" and am attacked by night creatures. I take down the whole pack but am mortally wounded, missing some toes and having yellow wounds all over my body.

Fearing fast travel lest I encounter more night creatures, I walk to the goblin camp manually and kill all the goblins easily. Grinning, I leave the camp and start walking to the town, hoping the sun will rise before I get tired so I can fast travel to the city before I pass out.

But I get drowsy rather quickly and decide to nap in the woods because, hey, what's one more adventurer lost to night creatures? So I get woken up by the... roaring of a cave dragon? "Holy crap," I say, and run away, getting hit by it a couple times before I can move away. I figure out that I can outrun it. Sweet, but that's boring. So I turn around, preparing to stab this fucker or die trying. I miss it, and get knocked out and torn in half rather quickly.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: December 05, 2010, 09:50:22 pm »

My awesome swordsman has now exterminated every single hostile threat within an entire kingdom (it's gotten to the point where the lords are sending me halfway across the world to kill peaceful titans that have never killed anything) so I'm about to get stocked up on food and plenty of waterskins then track down a cave and head into the underworld. I don't intend to ever come out, and hopefully I'll reach the HFS and die fighting clowns.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 1104