Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099250 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1365 on: December 03, 2010, 04:46:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is just epic. INTERCONTINENTAL ADVENTURES AHOOOOY!! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 03, 2010, 06:32:25 am »

Yoink, I am loving the story. if you made a thread I would follow it.

My own stories for Ms. Neverguiles, the ninja assassin (sneaky name, eh?) are coming to an end, I think. She was a Loincloth Challenge, so I only have loincloths, and a cloak (and a raptor dragonscale cape this bandit had) to protect me. Most of her body is melted, though, from fighting this Balor, only one arm and hand, and one leg still have any fat. While that fight let her steal the power of the god's own fire, she is not so resiliant without fat to block attacks.

I suppose I could use all the awesome armor I've got cached away, but then I'd be abandoning the loincloth challenge.

How do people feel about indiscriminate looting of previous adventurerers' caches? I have enough treasure and spare armor to equip a small army, and the sword, horns and tail of a balor as the most awesome throwing weapons ever conceived. I don't like having to give those up, but like I said, Ms. Neverguiles has seen better days. Her head got melted, and yet she survived. As as agent K said, "That's one of a hundred memories I don't want."
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1367 on: December 03, 2010, 02:42:31 pm »

Seriously, make a thread! This is awesome!

Meanwhile, I finally made it into the caverns!

Why the hell did I want to do this, again...?
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 03, 2010, 04:59:51 pm »

Adu Vopeumpig Rismugust Ersi, 14 Obsidian, 104
The horrors! I've stumbled upon a cave that leads underground to find the exit surrounded by water. I decided I wanted my companions to be able to cross with me so I cast a spell to summon magma over the pool, casting obsidian. It worked at first... then everything BURST INTO FLAMES OH GOD THE BURNINING!

So now everyone but myself is dead, i'm badly burnt and I'm dizzy from the blood loss. I should just leave, but I feel wrong in doing so; I've spent the past few weeks mindlessly slaughtering. I've killed hundreds more innocent people than any mighty beast I've fought. The world is better off without me, I'll stay down here, I'll survive.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 03, 2010, 05:31:41 pm »

Meanwhile, I finally made it into the caverns!

Why the hell
hell

And there is your answer.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1370 on: December 03, 2010, 05:53:20 pm »

Oh yeah, that's right...

But as it turns out, it seems those Kobolds are either out for revenge or there are way more than 20 of them... What's with this place?
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 03, 2010, 09:29:17 pm »

My experience with the new towns taught me that buildings will be completely restocked with fresh civilians if you leave the area and come back, even by walking. As a guess, this is probably also the case with kobold caves and human fortresses, and all other civ-inhabited sites if they existed. If you haven't gone far enough from the cave to lose sight of it when 'l'ooking around, then you obviously didn't kill all of them yet!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:03:43 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 03, 2010, 09:48:51 pm »

Apparently this fisherman's life is hell, because he has given me over 40 quests in one go. I just spawned, geez :U

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 03, 2010, 10:33:58 pm »

Genesis mod, made a snake-man, ran into an elf fort, killed a lot of elves, took their dicks, lost my eyes...

still more elves here...

dead...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 10:40:13 pm by xeivous »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 04, 2010, 01:00:42 am »

Genesis mod, made a snake-man, ran into an elf fort, killed a lot of elves, took their dicks, lost my eyes...

still more elves here...

dead...

You likely found a cursed castle. They are from civs that were destroyed in worldgen, but not completely. No matter how many dudes you kill, there will always be more.
[/quote]

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 04, 2010, 01:04:37 am »

still more elves here...

dead...

You likely found a cursed castle. They are from civs that were destroyed in worldgen, but not completely. No matter how many dudes you kill, there will always be more.
That might explain all the wrestlers and no clothes...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 04, 2010, 01:09:33 am »

still more elves here...

dead...

That might explain all the wrestlers and no clothes...
Yup. That was a cursed castle all right.
note: it is safe to sleep anywhere "indoors" in that castle. When you wake up there may be enemies around you, but if you sleep "till dawn", then they will all be asleep long enough for you to hide.
[/quote]

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 04, 2010, 05:37:16 pm »

The flying silver arrow strikes you in the left eye from behind, bruising it through the iron mail shirt!

Aww shi…  Wait, what?
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1378 on: December 04, 2010, 06:17:53 pm »

Yeah, there are still some things to work out.

bob2alien

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 05, 2010, 02:43:33 am »

Had my first encounter with a minotaur today, had practically half an rmy with me. However he was lurking around a corner and charged me. He grabbed and beat the crap out of me then for some reason he dissappeared. I thanked my luck and then crawled out of the labyrinth thinking I need to heal up and train some more. Guess what happens, the moment I exit my hero suffocates and dies O_o. Oh well at least he was seen as a hero by a load of towns and had a sweet sounding title "Dag Silkensaviors the Deified Apogee of Insanity."
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 1104