Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099271 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1350 on: December 02, 2010, 06:11:16 pm »

You could try bridging it with obsidian in fort mode.
*Hugs*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 02, 2010, 08:33:30 pm »

Well, I didn't know the ENTIRE OCEAN just froze and unfroze at the drop of  hat! :D
And yeah, those are different civilizations. Most of the gobbo civs are at war... I hope a civ can't be at war against a civ it's never come in contact with otherwise this whole 'Woooo, meet Warghui!' thing could end pretty badly... :P

Anyway, I placed a small object on the '9' key, put a heavy can on top of it and left it... Swimming takes too long otherwise. Urfra's about a third of the way across the sea/ocean thing now. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1352 on: December 02, 2010, 08:36:31 pm »

This sounds like a pretty cool story. Ever thought of making a thread for it?
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 02, 2010, 09:06:13 pm »

Hm, maybe... I have made quite a few posts about the crazy stuff that goes down in this world...
I could title it: The Collected Tales of Ecamo Inala...! But we'll see if Urfra survives this little adventure, first. :D
Thanks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 02, 2010, 09:47:38 pm »

After quelling a band of unimportant bandits, I got some people to follow me to a shrine. There, we killed a TITAN!

Later I was killed by a large cutting knife.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 02, 2010, 10:31:28 pm »

After un-retiring Adu, I set out for glory yet again. Everyone died, except for one Simo Raceriders the Golden Ignition of Ships who has been a formidable adversary to all we've encountered. The others are just dieing left and right! I can barely find replacements. During this endless loop of torturous death, I have killed a troll, a blizzard man, no less than two and no more than three camps of 10-12 bandits each, two hydras, and a few ambushes of tigermen and cobalds, bandit and military. The last ambush was a bandit attack in the middle of the night, they killed about half the party and left everyone but Simo and I seriously injured, so injured I wish I could make them retire rather tan accompany me further. And this after taking on a hydra that managed to kill about 4 others.
I'm now tasked with killing a dragon. The world is only 202 years old, so I'm not necessarily worried, but I can't shake the feeling that I'm thoroughly screwed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1356 on: December 02, 2010, 10:40:47 pm »

I have yet to see a dragon in anything but arena mode.
Cyclops, giants, titans, minotaurs, bronze colossi, hydras, assorted named animals etc, but still no dragons.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 02, 2010, 11:24:41 pm »

Kogan just got it's first quest to take on a titan!
Hopefully with the lord who ask it the quest following, I can see if kogan's grasp can reach the southern area and become a title barer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 02, 2010, 11:47:12 pm »

I have yet to see a dragon in anything but arena mode.
Cyclops, giants, titans, minotaurs, bronze colossi, hydras, assorted named animals etc, but still no dragons.
Make more caves! Enlarge the Giant/Ettin clusters! make more than one Hydra or Colossus! Unleash the Titans and begin Ragnarok upon the poor world gen civs!

Then you go in and unleash thy fury upon them...carve your story upon their bodies and write legends with their blood!
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

drseptapus

• Bay Watcher
  • The peasant strangles the cat's throat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 03, 2010, 12:25:24 am »

I got cocky and tried to wresltle a giant. I was promptly pummeled to death.
I'm sure by the time toady gets too old to program, DF will have reached a stage where as it is sentient enough to program itself.
It won't program itself, it'll be too busy taking breaks and attending parties to code.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1360 on: December 03, 2010, 01:16:31 am »

small question: how does one put items in bags? Does it only work with backpacks? I'm amassing a bit of wealth....
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 03, 2010, 02:02:50 am »

small question: how does one put items in bags? Does it only work with backpacks? I'm amassing a bit of wealth....
P my friend P

also I finally got the carve item to work, and made a statue out of something I can't pronounce out of a titan's heart. sadly the titan was just a slug with wings that breathe fire.

hey Kobold Troubadour you dabble in corpse magic do dead bodies of elementals still have forest burning/ water freeze properties with them or do they just only have it while alive and I have to chop off that part to get it?
"body swapping and YOU!"

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1362 on: December 03, 2010, 02:21:29 am »

ooooh, and about that...I had 312r of red dragon bones/teeth, made a single tooth/bone spear, and so consumed all of the materials there. Should I mutilate the next dragon before I kill her?

zomg why do I keep melting?!?!! are dragon bits explosive or something?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:42:30 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 03, 2010, 02:37:02 am »

hey Kobold Troubadour you dabble in corpse magic do dead bodies of elementals still have forest burning/ water freeze properties with them or do they just only have it while alive and I have to chop off that part to get it?
Theoretically...it should, unless the whole process of remaking them into stuff fixes them to a different material template altogether (Like dragon bones not really having that much fire resistance). But most of those creatures simply have high temp body parts/blood or special attributes/syndromes that isn't really part of their overall make up like their freeze/acid breath attacks.

Still needs testing though...Deon's mod has some nifty creatures that is interesting to dissect & make arts & crafts of (Kinda' want to make Balor weapons, armor or crowns of that things corpse, will a weapon made from it's molten sword also burn stuff or simply have a nice material name?).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 03, 2010, 03:03:52 am »

Theoretically...it should, unless the whole process of remaking them into stuff fixes them to a different material template altogether (Like dragon bones not really having that much fire resistance). But most of those creatures simply have high temp body parts/blood or special attributes/syndromes that isn't really part of their overall make up like their freeze/acid breath attacks.

Still needs testing though...Deon's mod has some nifty creatures that is interesting to dissect & make arts & crafts of (Kinda' want to make Balor weapons, armor or crowns of that things corpse, will a weapon made from it's molten sword also burn stuff or simply have a nice material name?).
Darn looks like I need to tackle Deon's mod then and see if necromancy can come through.
oh yeah one could use statues to tell tales if someone slap's a weapon skill to sculpting. Sadly I found out MASON Does not increase one skill in that line of work. blessing to your research.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 1104