Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099310 times)

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1320 on: November 28, 2010, 06:23:31 pm »

Okay, I've been wandering the wilds with just me (a multi-Legendary nigh invincible hero) and my single NPC companion (who has been equipped with full armor using DfFusion and is currently a Legendary Spearman by dint of persistent effort). 

I've been wandering around, quizzing civilians on the location of nearby lairs and camps and exterminating them on the way to the serious quests I get from fortresses (this one area in particular has a ridiculously high density of lairs for some reason- I just found out the locations of another half-dozen lairs or something in addition to the dozen or so I already had marked on my map).  Well, I made it to my current major quest target, a goblin warlord's camp.  We started merrily stabbing away, until I saw the chief turn up.  He was a piece of work, masterwork or superior everything, all decorated.

My NPC companion took him down BY HIMSELF, without taking a single hit.  After the first few shots from him I actually just stood back and watched.  DAMN. 

I, on the other hand, took down something like fifteen other random goblins with headshots, and am currently carrying enough gems, gold coins, valuable decorated shit, and giant cave spider silk clothing to buy a significant portion of this entire continent.  I am currently standing at one hundred and ninety-six notable kills.

I wish I could go to the dwarfs and request some high-quality steel armor and weapons or something; all I actually buy nowadays is gems or selling stuff for gold coins to keep my inventory manageable.  I've got a ten-kilo sack full of nothing but gems and valuables that refuses to have anything more added to it, and a few more sacks of stuff I haven't exchanged yet besides.  If I really wanted to ruin the economy, I'd head back to that kobold civ-cave I found and take absolutely everything; there's more stuff there than I could possibly ever use. 

EDIT: I managed to sell all of the random crap to quite a few shops.  I now have a bag containing nothing but gold coins.  This bag weighs TWENTY-NINE KILOGRAMS.  This is worth approximately 1.3 MILLION dollars in our world's current gold market.

And that's not counting the sack and a half full of valuable gems.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 07:40:37 pm by Shinziril »
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 28, 2010, 06:56:37 pm »

My heroic goblin adventurer who ran around kicking things to death in the head while wearing only copper chain leggings just got her brain crushed by a gloom freak.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 28, 2010, 08:32:31 pm »

Another day, another adventure filled to the brim with death and mayhem.
I just got done slaughtering a Cobald bandit camp, when I was attacked by another group of Kobold bandits (we didn't even take 20 paces from where I just was!) Two of my companions are seriously wounded, and the three of us that came out relatively unharmed may not be enough. I'm seriously considering leaving them to die, I've only gone six or so frames and it looks like we're doomed anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 28, 2010, 11:26:48 pm »

Fought my way through increasingly more difficult monsters. Hydras, dragons, whole families of night creatures, gathering companions and collecting elaborate weapons and armor along the way. Then after defeating yet another cyclops, being ambushed by several packs of hungry wolves and panthers, and at least one band of bandits, we were all very tired and stopped in at the nearest castle to rest for the night.
As we passed through the gates we were surprised to see a huge pack of camels within the castle. Didn't think much of them after all we'd been through, so we walked past them to the lord's hall, only to find no lord, or any other sentient lifeform for that matter...just more camels. Feeling a bit creeped out, we started to make a hasty retreat...only to find 4 camels barring the exit of the castle. Tired of this foolishness, my companions and I decided to simply butcher these pathetic beasts. A short time later, all of my companions lay dead on the ground, hoofprints marring their bloody corpses, and I found myself crawling off to a distant corner of the castle where I would sleep, cowering in fear all the while, until my many bruises healed.
In the early hours of the next morning I managed to sneak through the gate while the camels were not watching, and now I find myself heading out alone, praying that I make it to a populated town before the next nightfall.

Hurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 29, 2010, 03:53:14 am »

During his first quest, my adventurer's left arm's motor nerve was damaged. After this, he could hold any amount of shields/weapons I wanted in his right hand. I proceeded to have him walk around with five iron shields and a two handed iron sword in his right hand, slaying dudes left and right, blocking multiple arrow hits per round, etc.

Just got shot in the face with a bolt, laid him out in one hit. :(

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: November 29, 2010, 11:40:03 pm »

Well after finding a demon fort in a shop town.
Kogan decided to go and recruit some Demons interns(using Dfusion newest addon 'make creatures follow you')... sadly during travel the companions seem to jump and maul the poor things to death.
even normal friendly humans seem to be stab to death by consorts. Hopefully this series of gank won't happen when I bring a child with this method right? RIGHT!?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 30, 2010, 06:39:20 am »

I gouged out the eyes of a night creature, set attack option to Close Combat, and held down the directional button toward the now-nearly-harmless foe. I got to Legendary +15 (Yes, 4500/4500) at Wrestling and Fighter this way, but I got too carried away and let myself pass out from exhaustion. The blind creature took this opportunity to crush my skull to pieces with a single kick. Dammit.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 30, 2010, 04:30:47 pm »

I just lost three Demigod adventurers to the same bandit boss with a Silver Mace. The guy had lost his left leg and left arm and he just kept bashing my guys in the head for instakills. :|

Am I supposed to spawn in the same hamlet every time I create a new adventurer, regardless of homeland?

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 30, 2010, 04:55:28 pm »

I just lost three Demigod adventurers to the same bandit boss with a Silver Mace. The guy had lost his left leg and left arm and he just kept bashing my guys in the head for instakills. :|

Am I supposed to spawn in the same hamlet every time I create a new adventurer, regardless of homeland?

I doubt the leader can walk well. Just make a character with good throwing ability and toss some bolts/arrows his way.

As for the spawning, you will spawn in a random town/hamlet of your chosen civ. Shouldn't be the same one each time. I'm not sure of outsiders. Obviously, a smaller civ will leave you less spawn options.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 30, 2010, 10:18:50 pm »

So I made a new adventurer, a dwarf hammerman named Izu Seigeoils. He killed a couple night beasts and two bandits with a hammer and cleaver combination, I'm waiting to find a pick but I do enjoy my cleave cutting off limbs while my hammer beshs stuff in.

In a discussion with a peasant I asked about the capital and was told about a man named Gib Controlledbreeches returning I wanna look into it, I'm gonna look him up in legends but don't expect anything amazing Ha, I knew it, just a dumb law-giver who dies to a night creature with no kills to his name, these humans got some crappy history.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:34:34 pm by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 01, 2010, 03:07:46 am »

Inod the pesant archer had broken all arm parts, leg parts and yanked out all the teeth except one and had a grip on that last tooth whe the bandit woke up, and bit me in the hand that was latched onto her tooth, I could not get loose, 3 escape attempts fail as well as 4 or 5 pinch attempts, time's up and she shakes me, tearing a motor and a sensory nerve. I beat her to death with the silver mace to get my hand back, which gets a large jagged scar and ability to grip impaired <sigh>. The bandit had killed my companion, and I was going to break every bone except the skull and take out all her teeth, then wrestle off all her clothes,
 strip the rest of the bodies, and leave her alive in the camp with all of the dead. no shield in use now, take missions to kill a troll and a minotar, loose one companion to the pick of the minotaur, the 2nd melee companion looses his left hand, and the minotar is about to kill him as well, and the spinning bronze bolt strikes the minotaur in the head, insta killing it. The troll was dispatched with no problem.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 01, 2010, 08:22:31 am »

I decided to write up some more adventures as a story... Think of this as just an intro, HOPEFULLY. :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:31:58 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 01, 2010, 09:13:41 am »

I was assaulted by a pack of wolves...
One ripped my leg open, and i can hardly defend myself on the ground.
So, i bravely crawled off a high, high cliff, breaking my feet and whole legs on impact.

Im fine... :)
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 01, 2010, 12:58:26 pm »

heres my character:

and her current kills:

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 01, 2010, 03:05:40 pm »

My most recent character discovered a shrine, I've never discovered one before so I had to look. I looked around it, noticed all the bodies then thought it must be some sort of titan that everyone thought was a god right? Wrong, it was a bronze colossus, FUUUUU!
Blargh.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 1104