Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099340 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1305 on: November 27, 2010, 06:19:17 pm »

I have spent two weeks traveling far to the north to evade my reputation as a murderer and start anew. The entire time I have been harassed by the Cobold civilization, the Eggs of Delight, and have butchered dozens of their soldiers, as well as a dozen or so bogeymen. Seven days ago I found a town belonging to a nation neutral to me, and learned where I could find work; the capital, exactly five days travel to the north, made seven because the platoon of human soldiers I recruited needed to sleep, eat, drink, and basically slack off for a couple full days. When we arrived at the castle we slept again, and I spoke to the Lady of the castle, who wants me to slay a murderous minotaur. I now stand outside the beast's lair, steeling myself for what may be the first actual challenge I will face. Slaughtering four hundred tigerman civilians, mostly in their sleep, is the largest constituent of the experience I have, and I pray it was enough.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 27, 2010, 06:34:41 pm »

Looks like at legendary+4 crutchwalker you are no longer slowed down by crutches.

AW YEAH BITCHES. Maximus Stumplord's true quest for glory begins.... NOW.

Also, I just wandered into a bandit camp that was full of elves. Unmodded DF. Wow, I didn't know elves could be bandits. At least this way I actually SAW some elves....

HOLY... There are a LOT of elf bandit camps. And all of them have an elite warrior and a TON of goods that have been improved with high-value materials. I am rich now.

Now if only I could find a store that sold bloody high-quality crutches!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 07:25:35 pm by Frogwarrior »
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 27, 2010, 07:42:14 pm »

just learn that you can't force disginate in adventure mode
so this means DF hack still haven't found the kinks yet or that dream of sending orders to men is gone.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 27, 2010, 07:48:41 pm »

My kobold adventurer just got lynched by a human hamlet, and I didn't do anything. I just opened the door and they charged over and beat my guy to death.
Legends may hold the answer...your Kobold civ might just have been harassing them.

On Topic: Just started  A new one from a modded race. Gonna make her the stealth-iest archer ever...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 27, 2010, 07:51:04 pm »

I'll go ahead and put this in spoiler tags:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Back in my own head; Shit was awesome, though terrifying. I am burning the bodies of my companions, and I'm going to retire when I get back to town. I intended to meet it first and deal the most damage, be the only casualty, but It just so happens that when shit hit the fan and they called the chiropractor, she was on the other end of the labyrinth. I have to assume the pikeman was being cowardly and let the bowman get killed, though, since that's the only way it could happen in current DF. All in all I lost five companions; the swordsman, the lasher, the axeman, the bowman, and the other axeman who appears to have simply vanished. I even got to walk off into the sunset after the corpses had burned.

On Topic: Just started  A new one from a modded race. Gonna make her the stealth-iest archer ever...

Whatever happened to beating people to death with musical instruments?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:04:35 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: November 27, 2010, 09:05:45 pm »

Real men get to legendary crutch-walker and then beat people to death with dual-wielded crutches.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: November 27, 2010, 09:10:54 pm »

I'm scouring the nearby caves for that bin of exceptional adamantine armor. Stupid fortress scattering. At least I get to fight all the lovecraftian monsters. Caves are scary, man!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

DumbfoundedElf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: November 27, 2010, 09:40:16 pm »

Just recently got ambushed by humans where there just so happened to be elephants right next to us.I ran to a side only to be attacked by two pikemen.  I missed the main battled, but almost all of the ambushers died and all two of my men dead.I'm now being chased by a lasher(running and turning technique so I can try and get two hits off first).

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1313 on: November 27, 2010, 10:08:02 pm »

just found a rope reed dress that's adorned with encircled well-crafted gold, bands of clear glass, and spikes of blue diamond.
And yet still not much dwarven armor.
Is there even a point of selling crap when you're a dwarf or an elf, considering that your armor is ONLY found, and most likely you'll find better weapons than bronze/iron before you would need to save any money?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: November 27, 2010, 10:40:20 pm »

just found a rope reed dress that's adorned with encircled well-crafted gold, bands of clear glass, and spikes of blue diamond.
And yet still not much dwarven armor.
Is there even a point of selling crap when you're a dwarf or an elf, considering that your armor is ONLY found, and most likely you'll find better weapons than bronze/iron before you would need to save any money?

A consistent source of ammo. Also, you can get money really early by sneaking through camps and stealing their stuff, so you can buy stuff before what you find it better.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: November 27, 2010, 10:41:31 pm »

Just took down a cyclops, and found a stack of 125 gold coins in his cave. By far the richest I've been in my short time with adventure mode!
Edit: turns out it was just 1 gold coin from some guy with 125 in his name...ah well. I'm now on a mission from a lord to slay a hydra. Should be fun!
Edit2: 315 hydra meats, 28 prepared brains! Surprisingly only 21 teeth. I guess hydras only have 3 teeth per head.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:30:05 pm by Folly »

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1316 on: November 28, 2010, 12:14:27 am »

Just took down a cyclops, and found a stack of 125 gold coins in his cave. By far the richest I've been in my short time with adventure mode!
Edit: turns out it was just 1 gold coin from some guy with 125 in his name...ah well. I'm now on a mission from a lord to slay a hydra. Should be fun!
Edit2: 315 hydra meats, 28 prepared brains! Surprisingly only 21 teeth. I guess hydras only have 3 teeth per head.
Or big brain to head size ratio. Basically meaning, brains bigger than a meal.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: November 28, 2010, 02:26:21 am »

Yeah...That kingdom to the south my adventurer was heading towards to start a new life?

It was just a collection of cities that belonged to Kingdom #2. And it turned out to be at the very bottom left of the map. With a mountain range on the eastern side.

Cue running the hell away. My adventurer is currently trekking around the mountain range, heading east hoping he can find a town that doesn't want to lynch him before the bogeymen or goblin ambushes kill him.

Even the most legendary adventurer can be killed if he's attacked while sleeping. And it happens often.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: November 28, 2010, 04:09:20 am »

Been there, done that. Quite fun actually....

It was one of my goals in my very first adventurer way back when...Here's some of my goals achieved as the 1st Kobold Troubadour around ver.10-.12:

I always have some goal/s for each new adventurer in a uniquely new world I make...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:18:21 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: November 28, 2010, 05:49:32 pm »

This is a true hero.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 1104