Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099341 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1290 on: November 27, 2010, 01:23:16 am »

Bitch you do cartwheels an acrobatic shit on those things.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 27, 2010, 01:31:04 am »

Yeah, there's a lot you can do when you're dual-wielding crutches.

Hopefully, "kill a giant" is one of those things. I decided to investigate a lair that was on my map but I didn't have a task for. Yeah. Giantess.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 27, 2010, 02:25:09 am »

My swordsman has already been dubbed kill-on-sight in two kingdoms. The first because he murdered a fortress in a fit of insanity after his entire party was killed by a goblin ambush.

He was only recently outlawed in the second one. I got together a ragtag group of soldiers and took a job to kill a Hydra that was a week away to the south. Whenever I talked to someone, they were completely dumbstruck and I was a legend, literally.

So on our way south, we get ambushed by some goblins. No biggie. But what's this? My companions suddenly want to kill me! I'm 100% sure I didn't hit anyone.

So, I slaughter all my former allies and single-handedly slay the Hydra myself. Then I make the week-long trek back up north, killing bogeymen as I go. I arrive back at the castle, slaughter everyone there, and high tail it south.

My character is currently fleeing towards a kingdom to the south, where he can start over and be a legend again.

He's been a Legendary Swordsman, Expert Armor Users, Master Shield User, etc for some time now, and has used nothing but an Iron Scimitar and various bits of Copper, Bronze, and Iron armor. He's slain numerous night creatures, bogeymen, trolls, and only just recently a Hydra. The only lasting wound he's taken is a lost tooth. He has over 200 'important' kills to his name and around 50 'other' kills.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:27:21 am by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 27, 2010, 02:34:22 am »

So on our way south, we get ambushed by some goblins. No biggie. But what's this? My companions suddenly want to kill me! I'm 100% sure I didn't hit anyone.
They we're a Goblin Mercenary/Adventurer group that was hired & sent out to hunt you down by the last Kingdom you "worked" with.

Guess your legend was carried over through wanted posters...yay, new plotline?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 27, 2010, 03:01:30 am »

One of my adventurer's is wanted in one kingdom because I saw a slave or two somewhere in that kingdom and decided they were fair game. I had some fun times going door-to-door in various villages, opening doors and running to the next house, until several hovels worth of peasants are engaged with my companions, and then I slaughtered them all with headshots. Over seven hundred kills to my name, most of which are from that kingdom, but I've also soloed hydras and one-shotted a couple dragons.
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 27, 2010, 04:05:46 am »

Trying to bring about an Age of Emptiness in my current adventure. But the one little village I spawned in seems to be respawning residents faster then I can kill them. How am I supposed to destroy all sentient life if it keeps coming back?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1296 on: November 27, 2010, 05:16:37 am »

Ow my head...OWW, fuck, FUCK, my skin, fat and muscle are TORN APART. AN ARTERY IS OPEN--OMG BLOOD IS EVERYWHERE HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING?! I FEEL faint. i can't sleep and recuperate, this isn't good.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 05:18:25 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 27, 2010, 05:22:28 am »

Ow my head...OWW, fuck, FUCK, my skin, fat and muscle are TORN APART. AN ARTERY IS OPEN--OMG BLOOD IS EVERYWHERE HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING?! I FEEL faint. i can't sleep and recuperate, this isn't good.
I'm guessing [T]ravel isn't an option? It's saved me from a mortal wound before.

Anyway, some gobbo got lucky and sliced off my axedwarf's left hand. It's not a serious hindrance, but I'm gonna miss my shield. Hopefully I won't need it when I find the Night Man I'm after.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

ProZocK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 27, 2010, 06:06:31 am »

Gotta love being ambushed as a peasant!

I always imagine dwarves to train as if fighting pretend monsters. "It's a carp, use your sword!" "Shwish! Shwoosh! It's dead!" "Oh no, it's a giant cave spider! Noo, it's got me! Kill it with your axe!" "Swoosh, I cut off its head!"
UNDEAD ELEPHANTS.HERDS OF THEM.EVEN IN DEATH I STILL GRAZE.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 27, 2010, 08:38:09 am »

Pesant dwarf, spent two days training knapping throwing and ambushing skills grand master knapping, legandry +4 in throwing and archery accomplished in ambushing.
  Quest is to kill a horned Ogre mate, so I sneak to the lair and crack open the door...
 OMG it's the Horned Ogre Himself, only two steps away and HE SPOTTED ME! <panic ensues>
 I step back closing the door, and press <shift S>, bad move.
The ogre opens the door, sees me standing still trying to blend in with the rocks of the narrow passege to his lair,
 and shortly I find myself on the ground in pain with my shield dropped.
 I finally get an action and I try to hit the ogre with my hammer, miss, and I give into pain shortly and die.

Morale of this story, if you're a legandary thrower, at least throw  <something> at the ogre.

Deceased, ZERO notable kills, ZERO other kills, epic only in Fail, and I'm Ogre chow.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 27, 2010, 11:43:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I love it so much, and it' well designed with a nice image of two bloated tubers in gneiss. Hooray for picks!
I like to imagine your iron picks as:

...it's like your a travelling mad Bard....of DEATH! (...To my imagination anyway)

Imagination! If I could find a lute to bash some heads in I would try that on another character! "I WILL SING THE SONG OF YOUR DEATH, AND ALSO BEAT YOU UP WITH MY LUTE PICK."
Pesant dwarf, spent two days training knapping throwing and ambushing skills grand master knapping, legandry +4 in throwing and archery accomplished in ambushing...

Morale of this story, if you're a legandary thrower, at least throw  <something> at the ogre.

Deceased, ZERO notable kills, ZERO other kills, epic only in Fail, and I'm Ogre chow.

Looks like you need to PICK a better throwing weapon  8)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 11:45:28 am by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 27, 2010, 01:06:13 pm »

Pesant dwarf, spent two days training knapping throwing and ambushing skills grand master knapping, legandry +4 in throwing and archery accomplished in ambushing.
  Quest is to kill a horned Ogre mate, so I sneak to the lair and crack open the door...
 OMG it's the Horned Ogre Himself, only two steps away and HE SPOTTED ME! <panic ensues>
 I step back closing the door, and press <shift S>, bad move.
The ogre opens the door, sees me standing still trying to blend in with the rocks of the narrow passege to his lair,
 and shortly I find myself on the ground in pain with my shield dropped.
 I finally get an action and I try to hit the ogre with my hammer, miss, and I give into pain shortly and die.

Really, you shouldn't try to ambush night creatures without companions to head in first, or they'll probably be so close that you can't attack without being spotted.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 27, 2010, 03:22:59 pm »

Retired my one-man-army out of boredom, and trying something completely different; a peasant weakling with high social stats. The goal is to surround myself with enough champions that I never have to do any heavy lifting, and in order to do that, I need lots of warriors who can survive that long.

After all the peasants in my hometown declined the Call to Adventure, I tried the local fortress, and now have maxxed out at three companions. We start our quest for glory with bandits in a distant camp.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 27, 2010, 03:30:35 pm »

My kobold adventurer just got lynched by a human hamlet, and I didn't do anything. I just opened the door and they charged over and beat my guy to death.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 27, 2010, 04:59:39 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg1748823#msg1748823

Ajax is dead, aww man so unfair. the minotaur rushed Ajax and slashed his arm off, he was pretty much over by then. Perhaps a new adventurer will meet the same fate? Who knows.
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 1104