Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099384 times)

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1275 on: November 26, 2010, 03:47:28 am »

I get in a fight with a Warlord and a bowman. The Warlord has a crossbow.
I dodge all the arrows and bolts until I reach the Warlord, somehow incapacitating her with a wound to the leg despite my wooden sword.
I turn my attention to the bowman shooting at me, punching her in the eye and kicking her in the leg.
With the bowman on the ground, I attempt to keep her from attacking me further by trying to slowly stab her right hand until it's useless. (mostly through broken bones due to the sword, as I said, being wood.)
I eventually succeed in mangling her right hand, then her left since she starts wielding her bow in her left like a dangerous sword. Now she can't wield anything.
Suddenly she dodges, leaps to her feet, and in a single kick to my head, the handless bowman caves my skull in.

Toughness and endurance were some of my best stats. I had hardly a wound. My head was instantly caved in by a flying kick from a handless bowman who I previously had writhing in pain on the ground with the Warlord incapacitated from many minor wounds.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 26, 2010, 06:39:15 am »

I just started an adventurer....
Maximus Stumplord, by name. Grand Master Misc Object User, by skills. At least, at the start. He's well into Legendary as well, and Talented at crutch-walking.
Why, you ask? Because Maximus Stumplord goes into battle with only two weapons: a crutch and another crutch.

So far, I easily completed one quest: a wolf. Pretty easy; one good shot to the paw and he was out cold, and I took the liberty of shattering every bone in his body with my crutches before staving his head in.

But, on my map, from a feverish session of "tell me about the surroundings" spam, was listed..... another cave. I decided to go check it out. Maybe there'll be something goo OH MY GOD a full-fledged night creature. A winged freak, to be exact. So I snuck in and put on what little armor I could (since I had no money for anything, having sold my starting "weapons" for my true weapons) and confronted the beast.

I got in a lucky shot to the spine before too long, otherwise I would have died. (I know from all the savescumming...) Having only 700 speed because you're only competent in crutch-walking does that to you. But after this, the beast was helpless. All it had left was a push attack, and I had long since armored myself with everything I could from its spoils, protecting most of my body. So, naturally, I dispatched the beast.....

after half a day of pounding on the stupid thing which wouldn't DIE. I didn't have the strength to cave in its head with my crutches, so I basically whacked it aroudn until it bled to death. The sun was already going down at that point.

Yeah, I think I'm building up some reputation already......

Current Stats:
Proficient Armor User
Talented Crutch-walker
High Master Fighter
Legendary Misc. Object User [##/2400]
Superhuman Strength, Agility, Toughness
High Endurance
High Kinesthetic Sense
Above Average Willpower
Equipment:
Iron mail shirt, greaves, 2 low boots
A hood and skirt
2X Crutchy Doom
Kills:
1x Wolf
1x Winged Freak
Lately, I'm proud of MAGMA LANDMINES:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91789.0
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=104354.0

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 26, 2010, 07:50:26 am »

Inod has been beaten to death by a Dark Monster child that had a steel bolt embedded in it's heart. She made the mistake of trying to melee it too soon, shoulda ran away and let the child bleed out. 19 notable kills and 86 other kills, Legendary in throwing and archery.

Next adventurer will be a barbarian challenge pesant Dwarf.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 26, 2010, 10:23:58 am »

I get in a fight with a Warlord and a bowman. The Warlord has a crossbow.
I dodge all the arrows and bolts until I reach the Warlord, somehow incapacitating her with a wound to the leg despite my wooden sword.
I turn my attention to the bowman shooting at me, punching her in the eye and kicking her in the leg.
With the bowman on the ground, I attempt to keep her from attacking me further by trying to slowly stab her right hand until it's useless. (mostly through broken bones due to the sword, as I said, being wood.)
I eventually succeed in mangling her right hand, then her left since she starts wielding her bow in her left like a dangerous sword. Now she can't wield anything.
Suddenly she dodges, leaps to her feet, and in a single kick to my head, the handless bowman caves my skull in.

Toughness and endurance were some of my best stats. I had hardly a wound. My head was instantly caved in by a flying kick from a handless bowman who I previously had writhing in pain on the ground with the Warlord incapacitated from many minor wounds.

Were you wearing a helmet?
If not, you learned something.
If so, losing is fun.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 26, 2010, 05:11:47 pm »

The Continuing Adventures of Maximus Stumplord!

I went shopping to trade in some pilfered clothing for a backpack and some armor, and set out on my next quest - a crossbowman turned bandit. Carefully avoiding the hippo-infested river nearby, I stealthily approached the brigand's camp. He must've been new at this, because he let me sneak right up next to him - turns out, though, that he'd heard of me, so he wasn't hostile until I revealed that I'd been asked to take him out. Revealed it right in his torso.

To his credit, he responded almost instantly - but he did so by shooting me right in the foot. Hurt like hell, but I have to wonder if he was expecting a different reaction. Maybe that's his usual method, shoot them in the foot and pick 'em off when they're helpless on the ground. But me? You can shoot me in the foot alllll day and I ain't falling over! 'Cause I'm on crutches, bitch!

I wailed on him like my crutches were drumsticks and he was a jerk that I was beating to death with drumsticks. I must've passed out a couple of times from the foot with a silver crossbow bolt sticking out of it and all, but luckily for me he was such a pansy that he was trying to crawl away from the crutchy avenger. The second time, I picked myself up off the ground to find that he had bled to death while I was out.

I helped myself to his clothing, and headed back into his camp. Might as well pilfer his petty loot.....
Wait. Is this bag.... decorated with light yellow diamond?
And been a bit smug over generating a world with an elephant monster that got 87763 sentient kills.

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 26, 2010, 05:34:56 pm »

Decided to try out the new adventurer mode. Bear in mind I had all of five minutes adventuring experience prior to this so this was basically a totally new experience for me.

• Started as a dwarf spearman named Olin Headcharmed The Ace, completed a few quests for fun and profit.
  • Recruited a Swordshuman and Bowhuman (Is there any way to refill NPC quivers?), completed a few more quests.
  • Stumbled upon a lair completely by accident:

Found I could nickname enemy units, utterly failed to resist temptation, killed Lolololdicks Berrysyrups the Perfection of Matching. I wanted to carry the corpse to town and see what I could get for it, but the body alone cut my speed by 90%. Got some good throwing experience in before I gave up on finding a shop.
  • Moved on, trying to find other settlements elsewhere. I was tired of looking at the Umans. Got ambushed by bandits, killed them all without deaths, but the Bowman was crippled and had no ammo. I dunno what happened to him after.
  • Spent five days traveling before I happened upon an old fortress I had abandoned a long time ago when I failed to pierce the aquifer. Drowned in a shallow pool because I had forgotten to invest in Swimming.
THUS ENDS THE LEGEND OF OLIN HEADCHARMED THE ACE.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 26, 2010, 07:37:10 pm »

I.... I just wandered into a night creature lair with an odd scene of dismemberment. Yes, I've seen lairs before. But this one was different, as I realized as soon as I saw a peasant standing around outside the lair. He agreed to join me, so I led him into the lair.... wherein, in the back, I found another peasant. This one was covered in bruises, and was standing over a beheaded beast.

Wow.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 26, 2010, 07:51:16 pm »

well after stumbling on to a gold mine(swap to a zombie in a demon fort) of Tweak building blocks... and failed to copy any of it. so now kogan, just kogan on a search for the perfect lair.
so far I learn 2 things
1 bogeymen can cut up your legs...
2 bogeymen can make great battleaxes... which don't go poof unlike their corpses.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 26, 2010, 10:46:06 pm »

Previous adventure was a crossbower/hammerer who assassinated nearly a dozen outlaws without being seen before getting slaughtered in three hits by a night creature bride who saw her almost immediately and didn't take a hit.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1284 on: November 26, 2010, 11:37:50 pm »

I and my two companions just raided a small kobold cavern, finishing with 37 kills before reaching an expansive underground cavern. Unfortunately, it was year 5, and I only found a stupid earring and a goddamn opal.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 27, 2010, 12:07:19 am »

Started a (demigod) axedwarf. Kicked the shit out of two bandit camps and a desert titan, though the last one cost me both companions. Still, fucking titan!
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 27, 2010, 12:18:15 am »

How do you GET armor as a dwarf or elf anyway? I mean, it's not like you can take them as companions and rob their corpses after their inevitable deaths if you can't ever find any. I mean, there's always night creature lairs near dwarven halls, but....

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 27, 2010, 12:20:28 am »

How do you GET armor as a dwarf or elf anyway? I mean, it's not like you can take them as companions and rob their corpses after their inevitable deaths if you can't ever find any. I mean, there's always night creature lairs near dwarven halls, but....

In lairs and caves you might find somearmor for your dwarf or elf, alternatively goblins will give dwarves clothing of the same size.
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

gamergeek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 27, 2010, 12:24:15 am »

Adventures are the greatest things ever!  So glad I started in on them!  Though sometimes I still have trouble finding what I need...

Frogwarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 27, 2010, 12:51:58 am »

YES!!!
LEGENDARY
CRUTCH
WALKER!!!
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 1104