Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099465 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1245 on: November 23, 2010, 02:44:02 am »

Cue, jumping into water just as it freezes over.
*Hugs*

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 23, 2010, 07:15:22 am »

Cue, jumping into water just as it freezes over.
DF and irony....walking hand in hands to screw you over. Again...and again.....and again....
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 23, 2010, 10:33:42 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg1741925#msg1741925

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That troglodyte is a dead fiend now that Ajax is after him. I'm hoping Perad continues to stay alive, as I want him to continue being the main narrator of the adventures of Ajax, also I hate crossbowmen and I hope Kad the crossbowman dies a painful death to make room for another soldier.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:23:05 pm by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 23, 2010, 10:58:44 am »

I fell off a cliff and broke my legs, feet, and spine. Im still alive somehow  :-\
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 23, 2010, 11:03:44 am »

The dragon was easier than I expected; snuck up and pounded her in the lung before she could get her firebreath off. And for that, I was asked to kill a titan. Really? After asking around the territory, I still didn't find enough potential shelters to get there and back. There's a whole dwarven sprawl along the way, but they don't have any doors to knock on.

I decided to circle around known civilization to see if another path presented itself, evicting night and semimega beasts from known lairs along the way. Managed to get iron greaves and boots in my size; which are only better than nothing because I can develop armor use skill with them. The closest stop from the edge of the forest was a temple that I would've known the resident of if I'd stopped to read instead of spamming the 'Surroundings' topic. But that was enough to make me curious, so I used a trail of lairs as stepping stones toward it.

Woops, my first colossus, and me barely armoured, barely skilled at shield, and without a good cleaving weapon. The whip broke him down as I expected, and at least I got that mastered. The pick appeared to be cracking his hide some more, but my skill increases started slowing down more than he was. I switched to copper dagger, and that finally took his head off with much less skill than I had in mining. I found lots of gold and a few shinies, but no useable loot.

A few more lairs lead in the direction of the titan, but not quite near enough. I may be painting myself into a corner, but I'm going to give it a try.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1250 on: November 23, 2010, 02:27:02 pm »

Gl, those copper daggers are retarded.

I wouldn't worry too much, the last two titans I fought were made out of sand and steam, respectively.
/roundhouse kick > body
/done
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 23, 2010, 02:41:39 pm »

I was more concerned about the boogeymen than the titan, they already killed three of my characters, so I was still pretty intimidated by them. They caught up to me just as I was getting close to the temple, and I ran until I smacked into one and accidentally killed him in one shot. So I circled around, kited the rest and gradually took them down with head and gutshots. I didn't know it could be done.

The titan itself was made of fire, down in one shot, and it burst into a cloud of flames that only got itself and the mountain of bodies around it. Made it kind of tricky to rescue those steel gauntlets. I guess I could've waited for the flames to die down, but -- no, hell no I couldn't. I made 'em mine. Still not well armoured, but at least no one will dismember my hands.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1252 on: November 23, 2010, 03:00:05 pm »

I gather you adventure solo?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 23, 2010, 03:41:57 pm »

My group of 5 (Including me) were camping out in the wilderness between a town and a night creature's lair that the Lady of a castle send us to kill. I was a swordsman, we had two Pikemen, a Maceman, and a Spearman.

Now take note that one of the Pikemen (A female) and the maceman have been with me since the beginning of my adventure. The pikeman was permanently crippled in her left foot, but that never stopped her from moving as quickly as everyone else. The maceman had several kills to his name and the scars to show for it. Everyone else were recent addons to my group.

So we're camping out in the forest a day away from the lair. I wake up first and we're surrounded by bandits. Elven bandits. Curse them!

The first round of combat, before anyone is awake except me, an elven crossbowman snipes my Spearman in the head, instantly killing her. So everyone wakes up, the female pikeman goes southwest to engage a Wrestler and Spearman, the Maceman goes northwest to fight two swordsmen, and the male pikeman goes to fight the Master Lasher leader.

As you can guess, the male pikeman got lashed in the head and died instantly. The maceman, who was with me for so long, got murdered by the lasher as well before me and the pikeman could get there.

We both finish them off with no injuries and I cremate the corpses next to a burning ash tree.

Naturally, me and the pikewoman cut the night creature in half, report back to the castle, then murder the entire garrison in a fit of anger. Then we go to the nearest town and eradicate them all.

We're still traveling the land taking odd jobs and slaying anyone who dares to ambush us.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 23, 2010, 08:01:07 pm »

Apparently human farms bloom to life at certain times of the year. It's quite pretty.

My demigod ran out of things to kill and has acquired most of a set of armor. I retired, so I'll see what happens when I come back.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

AzureAngelic

• Bay Watcher
  • is waiting for dwarves to invent large blenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 23, 2010, 11:01:37 pm »

My newly-created hero was given the task of killing a jackass human Captain with a pike.

Upon striking down the pikeman, his second-hand man nailed me in the lung with a whip, putting me in mortal wound status. At the same time, two axemen, two crossbowmen, a maceman, a hammerman and another lasher surrounded me.

Lasher #1 has his left arm cut off and retreats.
Maceman is attacked in the leg, knocked down, and left to crawl away.
Crossbowman #1 shoots me from behind, embedding two silver bolts in me. I ignore him, and severely wound Lasher #2.
Axeman #1 and Crossbowman #2 attack at the same time. Axeman #1 has three of his limbs lopped off while Crossbowman #2 plants another four bolts in my back.
Maceman vomits.
Lasher #1 comes back as I cut off Crossbowman #2's leg.
Axeman #1 dies of blood loss.
Maceman gives in to pain.
Crossbowman #1 rushes me, and gets an axe to the torso in response.
Axeman #2 and Lasher #2 attack as Crossbowman #1 bleeds to death.
Lasher #2 gets an unlucky axe to the throat and dies.
Axeman #2 is knocked down and crawls away.
I rush Lasher #1 and finish him off.
Crossbowman #2 puts yet another bolt in me.
I walk up to Crossbowman #2 and slowly rip him apart.
Hammerman, who has been jacking off behind a tree all this time, runs up and hits me with a hammer.
I remove all of Hammerman's limbs, both his ears, one of his eyes, pop his guts out, and leave him to choke to death on his own blood.
Maceman comes back, takes a few glances at the battlefield, and promptly vomits to death.

End result: 9 dead humans. My hero has 7ish bolts in various parts of his body, a punctured lung, severe exhaustion, slashed up clothing, and several extra body parts.

Oh, and I set a chestnut tree on fire on top of the bodies, just to get the point across.
Urist McFodder cancels Breathe: Interrupted by Goblin.
Urist McAwesome unleashes the magma floods!
Gobbo Steve cancels Attack: Interrupted by Lava.
Lava cancels Kill Goblin: Interruped by Fungiwood.
Urist McAwesome cancels Live: Taken by depression.
Urist McAwesome has perished in lava.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 24, 2010, 12:33:08 am »

Are bandit "bosses" (as opposed to masters, and some other titles) supposed to be strong? Because the one I was just stalking got killed by a camel while I was stalking her, which I then kill without it ever noticing me.

EDIT: If you plan on maining a bow or crossbow, forget about companions. They'll always ended up leading enemies straight to you.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:38:05 am by Knigel »

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 24, 2010, 02:10:41 am »

In my experience Bosses and Ringleaders aren't much tougher then the regular schmucks they lead.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 24, 2010, 09:14:43 am »

I'm getting more frequently ambushed by bandits who aren't even hostile. Guess it's just their way of saying hello. Since they aren't much challenge, I just exchange greetings and let them carry on with their lives of crime.

Well, except for one goblin chieftain; he was covered in so much masterwork I couldn't resist. And a masterwork iron whip! Silver is supposed to be better, but masterwork quality has to count for something. Besides, it menaced with spikes, so I just had to have it.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 24, 2010, 09:30:39 am »

In my experience Bosses and Ringleaders aren't much tougher then the regular schmucks they lead.
My latest one was a recruit. Kicked his face in after I lost my arms.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 1104