Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099483 times)

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1230 on: November 22, 2010, 12:16:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In spoilers this time, for Mister Uzu Bash's benefit...
Anyway, some fast facts about Warghui:
He is a member of the goblin civilization, The Natural Seducer.
He was a legendary hero in 39 pages (in legends mode) of societies, an enemy of several, and respected by most of his enemies, too.
He made 160 notable kills, including a dragon, a few night creatures, a giant, a forest titan, and LOADS of humans, kobolds and goblins, amongst others. Also, the two armies he led, first of humans against night creatures and other monsters harassing the human kingdom, and the second of goblins rampaging through the human kingdom, would have got several hundred kills, most of which he helped in.
He had 56 other kills, including a lot of bogeymen, an alligator, a black bear, and four sasquathches amongst others.
He first left his home village of Witchrhyme in 99, and settled back there over a year later in 100.

He is also by far my best adventurer yet! :D
His only weapon was a large copper dagger, with a steel shield also strapped to the same arm.
He had, uhh... A copper mail shirt and a bronze helm, with larch greaves as his armour... Also maybe some copper high boots, I think.

One time, I was wondering why he was moving so slow, with supergoblin agility at 300 and something speed... And I opened his backpack to find three entire dragon corpses in there. Whoops. :/
All in all his adventure was awesome fun!

EDIT: Also, another thing I just found out from legends mode: All the goblin civilization's settlements had been pillaged at least once by the nasty humans. :/

Wait, don't we get to read about the final battle? Was looking forward to that whichever way it went (obviously not the right way :P)

Ahh well great story anyway, you write about the detail really well, draws you in :)

Dryvus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: November 22, 2010, 12:17:55 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's just clothing items falling apart from overuse.

I was thinking that too, but he was a practically brand new adventurer, definitely less than a week in. None of his items were showing wear.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: November 22, 2010, 01:50:45 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg1737652#msg1737652

14th of Galena/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
15th of Galena/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension

And Ahab is no more D: he was torn to shreds by that Hydra, but it's for the best, I was beginning to grow tired of keeping track of his exploits. Ah well, such is life an adventure mode. I demand a new adventurer, this time a human named Castro!
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 22, 2010, 03:31:58 pm »

I've killed all the bandits in reach. I've been sent after one that's almost a whole day away and in the middle of nowhere, so getting there would leave me with the bogeymen. There's a lair I can take shelter on the way, if I'm ready to fight a hydra for it, which I'm not.

So I'm wrestling and shield-bashing aligators for practice. They're not hostile, but they can get unpredictably violent, and I've taken a few scars from them. One particularly bad leg injury that was fortunately a flesh wound inspired me to practice my crutch-walking, cause at the rate I'm tempting fate I may need it.

Hobbling around in the late afternoon, I came across a river and found I could train both crutch-walking and swimming, so I took the opportunity while there was still daylight. With night falling and a house just a little way away, I put away the crutch and hurried for cover, so I thought -- night fell a lot faster than it should've. I didn't notice until I was surrounded by cackling that my movement rate remained the same as crutchspeed.

Too late to go into sneakmode, I dove across the river, not realizing the other side was almost completely blocked by cliffs, yet somehow managed to swim directly at the 1-tile slope to safety. The bogeymen were chewing and clawing at me from behind, but I saw the house and kept toward it. Humans poured out from the door and started whacking on the bogeymen, who ignored them for my blood. As soon as I made it through the door, they vanished. Like Toady says, it really is personal!

But nothing was critically damaged, and I found that dropping the crutch restores movement speed, and picking it up into backpack won't activate it.

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 22, 2010, 04:08:49 pm »

I just beat my first minotaur. I did it by the skin of my teeth, early on it was pretty one sided, with me slashing and severing various tendons and ligaments and getting the big beast bleeding, but toward the end of the fight she managed to grab my lower leg with her upper leg, lock and break my leg at the knee. I was pretty sure I was done for then, I was worried about my future walking and adventuring prospects, but of more immediate concern was passing out from pain and getting gored in the head while I was out. Thankfully I had cut off one of her hands and that added to the other damage I'd done was enough to break her down due to blood loss. And resting up healed my leg up enough for me to walk on it.

I got some steel armor out of the deal too. Life as an adventurer is good.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1235 on: November 22, 2010, 06:12:11 pm »

[...]The Chaste Shell-Cinder of Babies[...]
I don't think you'll have much luck with that marriage...
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 22, 2010, 06:22:09 pm »

Recently a Commander and his goons ambushed me. He told me to tell everyone who his group was, so I slaughtered his goons and tortured him, then left him alive with plenty of broken bones and made sure he would live through it.

No chance of him bleeding out and having an easy death.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 06:33:01 pm by Urist McUristy »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 22, 2010, 08:00:49 pm »

The irony? I got this sword after a dwarf wrestler stole my +copper long sword+, so I mauled a dwarven swordsman with a sandal and stole his sword & shield, now missing my shield arm because of an encounter with a steel-plated dwarf swordsman, I run around killing things with this sword.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: November 22, 2010, 08:43:10 pm »

Wait, don't we get to read about the final battle? Was looking forward to that whichever way it went (obviously not the right way :P)

Ahh well great story anyway, you write about the detail really well, draws you in :)

Thanks! About the whole final battle thing... I'd planned for Warghui to lead his band of goblins into the castle, Foldedbalanced, and attempt to take it over, but... It vanished. Seriously, it just -wasn't- there. :P
I pillaged a few other castles, but it wasn't as cool. *sigh*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: November 22, 2010, 09:03:33 pm »

Finally getting a little respect, and some of the better missions. After a cyclops and a hydra, I scavenged enough decent clothes to get rid of the elfrag. Still not cocky enough to face down bogeymen -- whenever they show up, I feel like I'm in a scene from Pitch Black.

And now...the dragon. My shield skill still isn't quite up to this. I expect my nice new clothes are going to be turned to ash before long.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: November 22, 2010, 10:16:51 pm »

I tried to get a tileset to work with my copy of DF and that did not work, Opuxah is still available as a region however now Ahab is no longer dead thanks to an old save, he's just chillin at Caveswelter, maybe Ajax will go pick him up?!

Either way yay for retconning old plot lines!
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: November 23, 2010, 01:44:39 am »

I just beat a Frost Wryn (ironically known as Ekala Diamondparches the Jade Warmth) and it blasted me with it's freezing breath. Thankfully I didn't turn into an ice sculpture and put it down without taking a scratch myself. Ever since though I get messages telling me that I'm freezing (solid and to death alternating) but then nothing ever happens and it goes away for awhile. I keep checking my health status and I see no active effects and no damage. Is this a bug or just a really slow version of hypothermia?

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: November 23, 2010, 02:02:52 am »

I only have enough rep with the human civ to hire 17 companions (goblin patrols don't give reputation unless there's a named leader). I hit goblin towns and slaughter gobby civilians to hopefully train up my fortress recruits, but I usually lose most of them to goblin patrols along the way.

And yeah, I'm getting a nice 'Nam vibe off this particular game, I might roll up another adventurer and run patrols out of the same fortress once this one dies or retires.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: November 23, 2010, 02:35:41 am »

I just beat a Frost Wryn (ironically known as Ekala Diamondparches the Jade Warmth) and it blasted me with it's freezing breath. Thankfully I didn't turn into an ice sculpture and put it down without taking a scratch myself. Ever since though I get messages telling me that I'm freezing (solid and to death alternating) but then nothing ever happens and it goes away for awhile. I keep checking my health status and I see no active effects and no damage. Is this a bug or just a really slow version of hypothermia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frostbite

In your status window you could also look at your description, where it will most likely show the frostbitten parts. Better wash off all the substance covering you cuz' you could end up being an icicle before long and then actually melting, leaving no trace of a body. I think it can also act like the necrotic effects where the badly afflicted part just falls off.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: November 23, 2010, 02:41:00 am »

Whew! Thanks, you just saved my ass.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 1104