Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099539 times)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1215 on: November 21, 2010, 10:41:45 pm »

Outsider means we can recruit bandits?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1216 on: November 21, 2010, 10:43:29 pm »

Yes, but only if you DON'T get a quest to kill them first.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: November 21, 2010, 10:44:49 pm »

Yes, but only if you DON'T get a quest to kill them first.
So how would I go about finding them? And how would I find beasts to kill?!
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 21, 2010, 10:45:15 pm »

Already got the full suite of names: Niri Strifefulfield the Primitive Faith of Ignition. That's what 12 bandit kills gets you, I guess. I wonder what I'd be called if my companions didn't steal my night beast kills.

I saw a mountainhome nearby on the quest map, and went to visit. But no other traces showed up, not in travel maps, and nowhere within the site it should've been in. Are these not implemented in 31.18? Are there goblin fortresses, at least?

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 21, 2010, 10:46:50 pm »

*Hi you ask friendly people about surroundings and you can find lairs and such !

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 21, 2010, 10:53:54 pm »

I just fought and defeated an entire dwarven bandit camp armed with steel weapons and shields by myself. Although I did take a few cuts and bruises..

RED PARTS
========
Upper Body
Lung

BROWN PARTS
========
Right Upper Arm
Right Lower Arm

YELLOW PARTS
========
Left Upper Arm
Left Upper Leg
Left Lower Leg

While I was under constant bolt fire, I managed to wrestle down a sworddwarf after he stole my weapon, then I stole his sword and beat him to a pulp with the pommel. I then charged all the hammer/axe/spear/sword dwarves and fought for a long time, then I got shot several times, ripped out one of the bolts (stuck in my upper body) and threw it at the crossbowdwarf, killing her. I then slashed the other crossbowdwarf to pieces, then got in a long parry/dodge fight with the captain. I stabbed him the leg finally, forcing him to retreat for some reason. He gave in to pain and I curb stomped him afterwards.

Leaving the camp, I stopped on a hill and said the words:
"Well, that's one leader."
I then limped off into the sunset, to the nearest hamlet.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:55:46 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 21, 2010, 11:23:24 pm »

I MADE IT!

I waited several days on my little island, wrestling groundhogs and sleeping for 24 hour periods. And the day after being ambushed by a Night Creature the ice was gone. I just made it to the other side after a nearly a day in game of swimming.

Azrael001

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 22, 2010, 01:46:03 am »

Tise Sistersembraces the Demigod elf had but one purpose.  To seek out The Pit.  The pit being that foolish endeavor by the dwarves to pierce the very deepest depths of the Earth.  She butchered her way to fame, managed to loot fully metal, and quite a bit of steel, and had almost two dozen followers.  It was at this point that the expedition to that ill fated hole was called.  Many ambushes later the dwarven halls are reached.  Only six out of nineteen followers remain. 

Knowing the dangers lurking below, Tise crept through the dwarven halls as stealthily as her elven skill would allow.  Deep into the Earth this pit lead.  Endless stairs down.  Then suddenly the stairs stopped, and before Tise and her remaining allies was a hall.  Down that hall an intersection, at each end more stairs.  The right passage lead down only a few more levels before opening into a large cavern.  Exploring this could wait, clearly the other, larger stairs must go deeper. 

Returning to the main hall, Tise brought her companions down the massive stone stairs, a few dozen more levels.  Suddenly she is knocked prone.  When she tries to stand she is knocked unconscious, and soon after ripped in half.  She never even saw the White Ghost that killed her.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: November 22, 2010, 01:55:35 am »

Playing an elf without any dwarven gear around is tough as hell. I don't get any real armor, and these rope reeds could decay before I ever find some. I don't have much choice but to sneak and strangle, as training shield is still hazardous. If I can get it to skilled at least, I think I stand a fighting chance in the open.

The bogeymen make the dark extremely confining; my overland range is strictly reduced by the amount of sunlight. I almost got caught twice, both times I was able to sneak for some distance before being detected, once I was able to outrun them until daybreak, and the other I stumbled across a hamlet home and dodged inside as their cackling faded.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 22, 2010, 02:27:40 am »

Dwarven demigod adventurer...0.31.18
Started the game with a STEEL CROSSBOW and 37 STEEL BOLTS
Currently training up my sword skills using a -iron longsword-  up to novice now, long way to go.

I've twice been sent to bandit camps where
i find a few bandits, but not the leader i'm supposed to kill.

a dropped small rock is hidden, and cannot be picked up or used to make sharp rocks, the (l)ook command shows it there, so you have to do your knapping on top of a rock sourse.

no companions, keeping my adventurer speed fast.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 22, 2010, 03:33:07 am »

My dwarf seems to have acquired a magical disintegrating backpack. I noticed it was missing after fighting a frost wyrm, and then learned that there is a chance it can be knocked off while fighting. Scoured the lair a couple of times and found it. Then I picked up a couple nice items and set off to return to the world map. About fifteen tiles away from the entrance, all the items in my backpack fell to the ground, and said backpack is nowhere to be seen. I can't rule out my own incompetence/having done something I didn't realize/that I might be terrible at noticing the item I'm looking for in lists, so it's extra frustrating. But if anyone else has had a backpack or piece of equipment that phases in and out of existence, do tell.

I'm pretty sure that's just clothing items falling apart from overuse.

My character Sonja recently slew a set of animated armor. Butchering the armor broke it down into individual pieces. I scooped up the the sword and since then almost every attack I make leads to serious mortal damage, dismemberment or one strike death. I can't believe how powerful this thing is.

What mod is this?

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: November 22, 2010, 04:26:16 am »

My character Sonja recently slew a set of animated armor. Butchering the armor broke it down into individual pieces. I scooped up the the sword and since then almost every attack I make leads to serious mortal damage, dismemberment or one strike death. I can't believe how powerful this thing is.

What mod is this?

Genesis

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 22, 2010, 04:36:30 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In spoilers this time, for Mister Uzu Bash's benefit...
Anyway, some fast facts about Warghui:
He is a member of the goblin civilization, The Natural Seducer.
He was a legendary hero in 39 pages (in legends mode) of societies, an enemy of several, and respected by most of his enemies, too.
He made 160 notable kills, including a dragon, a few night creatures, a giant, a forest titan, and LOADS of humans, kobolds and goblins, amongst others. Also, the two armies he led, first of humans against night creatures and other monsters harassing the human kingdom, and the second of goblins rampaging through the human kingdom, would have got several hundred kills, most of which he helped in.
He had 56 other kills, including a lot of bogeymen, an alligator, a black bear, and four sasquathches amongst others.
He first left his home village of Witchrhyme in 99, and settled back there over a year later in 100.

He is also by far my best adventurer yet! :D
His only weapon was a large copper dagger, with a steel shield also strapped to the same arm.
He had, uhh... A copper mail shirt and a bronze helm, with larch greaves as his armour... Also maybe some copper high boots, I think.

One time, I was wondering why he was moving so slow, with supergoblin agility at 300 and something speed... And I opened his backpack to find three entire dragon corpses in there. Whoops. :/
All in all his adventure was awesome fun!

EDIT: Also, another thing I just found out from legends mode: All the goblin civilization's settlements had been pillaged at least once by the nasty humans. :/
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 04:45:58 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 22, 2010, 08:24:20 am »

So, this here Spearmaster...I hired her when she was still a common spearwoman, along with a whole bunch of random soldiers. She survived everything so far - travels across the entire world back and forth, hiring of more and more cannon fodder, voyages into all kinds of biomes and lairs and labyrinths...I couldn't even kill her off when I tried to.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I just checked her weapon, and OMFG. I want to marry that lady.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Malaclypse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: November 22, 2010, 09:38:08 am »

My axewoman (human), Mira, is currently spelunking in a 50 z-level deep kobold cavern. She's loving all the jewelry they've left out on the ground for her, but she's having to sweep up their messy selves with her axe as she goes, which is beginning to tire her out. The giant cave spider webs all over one side of the cavern need cleaning too. Mira does not like spiders. Indeed, she is terrified of them. A good reason to clear their nasty webs up. Plus, then it'll be easier to admire all the large diamonds the kabolds seem to like to leave strewn about.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 1104