Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099380 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1170 on: November 20, 2010, 05:02:37 pm »

Ha, Ahab's awesome! Ettin's are pretty freaking tough, even worse than hydras in my opinion.
...Just hope you don't meet any whales... :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 20, 2010, 05:12:28 pm »

I have learned that apparently bogeymen are not the only night creature you can meet while traveling....I have learned the hard way.....It went something like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In short summary more happened than that including the fact that it first killed my lasher companion after giving me a mortal wound and the came back to finish me off.

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 20, 2010, 05:58:55 pm »

Sorta wrote/played the last third of this story semi-drunk but I ran it through Word so it should be okay ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 20, 2010, 06:31:34 pm »

Epic adventure.
Hero Level.
Killed 2 outlaws and was sent to kill an axe user.  Fought him 4 times running away for three due to wounds including my left hand cut off.  Last battle strangled him out with an arm and then kicked his brain in before I bled to death in the round after he died! (Had lost the use of my right hand as well.)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 20, 2010, 09:44:30 pm »

I must kill a dark monster husband, in front of his wife and daughters! :(

Of course from the amount of human food bits in the cave I can forgive myself, just this once. I should probably come back with some friends though seeing as I'm outnumbered 4:1
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:49:08 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1175 on: November 20, 2010, 09:55:57 pm »

I must kill a dark monster husband, in front of his wife and daughters! :(

Of course from the amount of human food bits in the cave I can forgive myself, just this once. I should probably come back with some friends though seeing as I'm outnumbered 4:1
If you can barely outrun them and have at least shoddy ambush skill you can run in so they can see you, go just barely out of their front door so it closes, and begin sneaking. Stay 3 tiles away at all times, 2 tiles if you are proficient in ambush, and throw weapons at them. If all your weapons get stuck where they stand, turn off sneaking, dash around a corner, and begin sneaking again. That'll make them walk to where they last saw you. Using this, I've managed to clear out entire caves with playing as a peasant with all points toward ambush.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 20, 2010, 10:09:44 pm »

Exactly what I tried. It worked for a while; I killed both of the dark monster husbands and one dark monster wife, but the second wife killed me. The child i knocked into the pool immediately before dieing.
So i was wrong, there were five of them. And they're all related too, bringing to question just how big a night creature population can become, as well as if they can have male children and a self-sustaining population, as all the children born have been female. I'm in legends and see there are plenty of them, the only dead being the three I took down.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 20, 2010, 11:09:47 pm »

Ebi lives on! Early in the morning his wound was reported as much better, being able to walk and use his copper knife.

he even recieved a title after he killed four goblins with his weapon. The free stroke of twilight, the peasant who survived an Ettin of murder and contempt.
Ha, Ahab's awesome! Ettin's are pretty freaking tough, even worse than hydras in my opinion.
...Just hope you don't meet any whales... :D
One of my first characters was quested with killing an ettin and i, being a total noob, attacked by myself, I got pretty far until the Ettin decided to strangle me for a whole slew of turns! Was a fun death indeed, and it felt so satisfying to murder Idah so painfully 8)  even Ahab knows no fear! A whale in his view would be slaughtered in moments, after his group swarms it like a pack of pirhannas  :D
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 21, 2010, 02:03:18 am »

Urdim Solanzas Gur Aned, or Urdim Flagcrystals the Bowel of Sports, was an incredibly successful dwarven axeman. He was recognized as a hero in countless lands, and respected in many more; in many places, he was something of a legend. Thirty-six bandits fell to his red steel axe, as well as six night creatures, two Deep Crows, and sixty-nine wild animals. And that's not even counting the ones that were finished off by his companions.

But Urdim's not very interesting. What's interesting is his longest-lived companion, Ontzara Paintpraise. In one of Ontzara's first few battles, her left leg was sliced off at the hip by a bandit axeman. She crawled around for a long time, still gutting people with her spear and never taking a wound, but her luck didn't last forever. Urdim (and I) watched in horror as another bandit's sword arced towards her and cut her right arm off. I was sure she would bleed to death, but she didn't. It was her weapon arm, too, so I figured she would at least die in the next few battles.

Nope. Ontzara got so good at fighting unarmed (ha ha) that she was eventually rechristened a Wrestler. Her specialty was biting: she would crawl up to someone and bite their most vulnerable parts, then shake them around until the flesh ripped apart in her mouth.

Picture, if you will, a woman missing her left leg and right arm, crawling around and biting people in the midst of pitched battles. BITING. This NPC was more hardcore than almost any adventurer I've ever heard of, including all of my own. Urdim might have outlived her, but man, she was so much more badass. Sadly, some asshole shot her with a bow, and she suffocated shortly afterwards.

Dwarf Fortress has never made me quite so sad or quite so angry as I was when that happened. I feel like I should hold a funeral, but I don't know how.

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 21, 2010, 02:42:29 am »

Dwarf Fortress has never made me quite so sad or quite so angry as I was when that happened. I feel like I should hold a funeral, but I don't know how.
Gather the remains and leave them at a site(in a chest) for a Dwarf Fortress to obtain and create a burial chamber for? Is it possible to obtain coffins in Adventurer Mode and put items into these?

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 21, 2010, 03:03:35 am »

My doom dwarf (genesis) got struck down by an ettin, at least she* got to hit one of her giant boobies with his axe, she killed like 10 people already i hope she will keep the wounds i inflicted to her
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:06:35 am by toupz »

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 21, 2010, 03:20:39 am »

My new adventurer just cut the hands and feet off a giantess.  Then he started wrestling her to get on the fast track to Legendary Wrestler.  So pretty normal. Then, the giantess grabs me by the back left lower tooth with her left leg(wtf?) and throws me.  Throws me so far that the screen I was on totally disappears, and I wake up in the middle of a herd of wild horses. (I might have actually landed on one, idk.)

I had to walk back over a fifty tiles, including over a murky pool, to find her again.  I assume that had I hit a tree or obstacle, I would have just fucking exploded.  Never seen anything quite like that before.  The crazy part is that it was like an instant teleportation, and none of the intermediate tiles got revealed by my flight. 

Edit: She actually did it a second time in the same fight! Though the fight was hundreds of rounds of me spamming close combat attacks.  This time she threw me by a toe straight north instead of southeast-ish.  I figure I can only luck out so many times, so I just came back and chopped her head off. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:48:51 am by The Grackle »

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 21, 2010, 03:53:20 am »

My new adventurer just killed 17 goblins (Seventeen kills no joke) in the same area, i took my time to hide behind trees to block or avoid arrows and tried not getting circled by enemies, though i got hit from behind a few times, i ended up killing 17 goblins and lost my right arm grasp ability and can no longer use my legs i also got shot by crossbowman in right testicle and lost my testicle but im still alive i'm heading for a fort to retire amazed at what i did though, the goblins were not heavily armoured or armed but they had nice loot in their camp including a red steel pick

Edit: Char was demigod and steel dwarf that might have helped
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:00:25 am by toupz »

subject name here

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 21, 2010, 10:00:56 am »

I got a quest to slay a Bronze Colossus that was on the other side of the country so I spent a week trudging up north to meet it and when I finally got to fight it the colossus smashes my characters arm and she spends the entire battle either passed out or crawling away while the colossus reduces all 10+ of her companions to screaming piles of broken bones and malfunctioning organs. So I had to flee back to a fortress to get more meatshields team mates and on the way to the fort was ambushed by bogeymen and standed in a murky pit and I had to manually wait until daybreak till I could travel out of it  :(.

So after that episode I got to a fort and hired more people and went back to fight the colossus who at this point was reduced to nothing but a head and torse that rolled around pushing people to death, so after finally killing it with the five companions who weren't crippled for life by it the monster turns into a statue of a dude named Tables Buckleworships.

Tables Buckleworships. It was all worth it just for that name alone.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 21, 2010, 12:29:58 pm »

I thought I'd get serious with 31.18 adventuring. As per usual, my lone adventurer is an elf who finds no shortage of redshirts to follow me, and eventually deposit their gear with a corpse that I must avenge after looting. Sometimes before; makes little difference.

But...no shops. I've found a lot of hamlets and one fortress, but nowhere to offload my burden for coin. Do humans no longer trade?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 1104