Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099602 times)

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1125 on: November 18, 2010, 02:22:24 pm »

I just started a new adventurer on Genesis mod, and I enjoy it. However my adventurer was soon the victim of a terrible attack

D:
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 18, 2010, 02:36:11 pm »

Gonna try writing a story as I play, so hopefully I don't die on the first enemy! :P. A warning that there is no fighting in the story yet. That will come next post, with this being a backstory to the land and character. Hope you like ;)

There was a far off place in this world which called itself the Grand Continents; though in truth this was a complete lie. The land was not a continent, being regarded by most from the surrounding lands as little more than an oversized island of scant importance to them. It was also certainly not a grand place. As the island was of little importance to other nations it had never seen a war (besides a few battles with legendary forgotton beasts and titans early in history) with anyone. The nobles of the Skinny Empire, in their traditional arrogance, looked upon this as due to their excellent leadership and fearlessness. In reality the nearby kingdoms of all races would have liked nothing more than to remove those leaders heads from their shoulders but warring amongst themselves none could afford a voyage to a land of little wealth or resources.

As with many empires short of outside foes to war with, the empire slowly began to go to war with itself. The nobles became fat, bloated (in a humorous twist to the name of their empire) and corrupt beyond all imagination. The people of the land were heavily subjugated and forced to pay many ridiculously heavy taxes just so the nobles could keep funding their extravagant lifestyles. Assasination became prevalent among the upper classes and the armies which once served as the peace keeping force to bring the justice of the gods on bandits and evildoers were now stationed permenantly inside the castles to stop a nobles untimely death. This seemed to make the very land rot away as bandits freely roamed the deserts and grasslands, slaughtering any innocents they pleased. Over time hideous creatures of the night appeared and began abducting or killing villagers in their very homes. The nobles ignored any pleas for help, as they considered the deaths of lesser men unimportant and just part of the natural order of life.   

The fire raged in the great tavern of the hamlet Slipcraze, where the village elder, a large man with thick grey hair and beard had called a meeting with all the inhabitants. Though all the men had large mugs of ale the mood was by no means a jolly one, and people spoke in hushed tones while a sensation of dread hung over the meeting like a blanket even the fire could not dismiss.
"Fellows," the elders booming voice filled every corner of the room "this is the third time this year we have had to pay tribute to the bandit Thuni Crowsmiles. We only barely have enough left to pay our taxes to the lord and still survive. Worse yet she has promised to come back once more this year and if her demands are not met, she says she will dismember and kill all children in the village one by one. We are in a grave situation."
"Call upon the lord" a shrill voice called out "surely he realises that if there are no children then no one will be able to pick up the check for his daily feasts."
"I have already tried," the elder replied "but we all know the lord has assistants to help him in every task, so he seems to believe that if we are unable to provide he shall simply tax another hamlet and withdraw his protection of ours."
"Protection, he couldn't protect us from a horny goat, when was the last time his army helped us out," shouted an incredulous voice, the remark drawing dark laughter and murmurs of agreement.
"Don't you see, he will simply send his army to kill us all in justice, his "protection" is simply not burning our town to the ground himself."
Voices rose in anger and the elder shouted to keep the place in order.
"Fellows, it is clear we must do something, Thuni must die if we are to survive."
"But we are simple peasants, we cannot fight," one person shouted
"Someone must for the future of this town and for the children, lest we are all put to the sword one way or another."
The shouting in the tavern reached a crescendo as people told others (normally those they did not like) to take up the quest and the place threatened to spill over into violence.
"I'll do it," came a voice from the back of the room which although not spoken particually loudly was done so with a purpose which made everyone stop and look at the mouth it had come out of.

It came from Ana Beltappears, and the elder inwardly thanked the gods as this was the man he had hoped would take on the challenge. Ana was natually gifted physically, possesing muscles in places where few thought muscles could exist. Many thought that he was the offspring of something divine, a demi-god of sorts, he would have made a fine hero for the land but for his very withdrawn personality. He purposefully avoided contact with other people in the hamlet unless necessary, preferring a quiet life as a woodcutter mostly outside of civilisation. Whatever his reasons for deciding to take on the bandits the elder was just happy he was. The tavern erupted in raucous cheering and slamming of ale mugs on tables and the villagers sang Ana's name, much to his visible discomfort and displeasure.

"Is anyone brave enough to follow me to fight these vile fiends," Ana asked. Suddenly the cheering stopped and everyone tried their hardest to look away without being rude (a task at which they all failed). Ana let out a long sigh and rolled his eyes, clearly this was going to be a tougher task than he had anticipated.   

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 18, 2010, 07:16:09 pm »

Warghui scampered up the scree slope, a few more arrows either bouncing off his mis-matched armour or lodging in him, but he gritted his teeth and continued. He gained the other side of the hill and dived towards Dostngosp, grabbing at the bow, but she snatched it away and almost brained him with it. He made a few more attempts to grab it, never quite getting hold, then he heard a voice, and footsteps approaching up the hill.
"Warghui? Where are you, then?" It was a human spearman, one of the last survivors of Warghui's little band.
He clambered up the hill, spotted the two goblins fighting for posession of the bow, and rushed towards them.
Dostngosp stepped back from Warghui a moment, spotting the human and sneering at Warghui, "You's a humie-lover now, Warghui? You's even worse'n I thought!"
Then she turned to smack the spearman with her bow as he neared. The fight continued for a while, Warghui standing unsurely to one side, but the spearman's better weapon began to tell, and he grieviously wounded the female goblin and was about to finish her off when Warghui screeched, "Stop! Dey's a friend, don' kills dem!"
The spearman paused only briefly to peer at Warghui uncomprehendingly, his spear gripped tightly as he stood over the battered, prone form of Dostngosp. "They don't look like a friend, Warghui..." He raised his spear for the killing blow.
Warghui snarled resignedly, and launched himself at the spearman, knocking him away from Dostngosp and jamming his dagger through his brain, killing him quickly. "Friend's a friend, even if'n dey's try ta kill me, yah..." He muttered to himself as the surprised human toppled to the ground. He turned to tend the injured goblin, which meant he relieved her of weapons and armour before sitting down near her and thinking. He had just, with one strike of his dagger, severed his ties with the human kingdom...
'Good,' He decided after a moment, 'They never did anything for me. Now's time to gather an army of gobboes and make -me- the human's king!'
He nodded slowly to himself as he sat, remaining there for a long time.
Eventually Dostngosp groaned, shifted, and got unsteadily to her feet, eyeing Warghui warily.
"I, uh..." She grimaced at Warghui, continuing after a moment. "I be sorry for tryin' ter kill you, Warghui..."
With that out of the way, she quickly turned and walked, naked, down the slope into the pass, returning shortly with another small group of bandits to gather up the corpses and equipment strewn about the battlefield, not sparing another word for Warghui as he sat, watching.

It was several hours later when Warghui, after a long time mulling over his options and daydreaming in near-equal measure, climbed to his feet, dagger tucked in his belt, and walked off westwards. Another long time after that, he came to his home village, WitchRhyme. He hesitated just beyond the familiar cluster of buildings... What if they thought he was working for the humans, and didn't want him back? What if they attacked him?
He took a deep breath, wiped some blood from his ragged clothing and smoothed his hair, then moved towards the village, dagger in hand just in case.
"Oi dere! It's me, Warghui Kutsmobzon! I is back!"
Feet shuffled within the nearest building, and Warghui heard voices murmuring indistinctly.
Suddenly the door flew open, and an angry goblin rushed out with a knife, heading for Warghui with a shout, "Yer dirty humie-lover! Get 'im, lads!" Warghui jumped aside; perhaps this brute could have beaten him to a pulp back before he first left his village, but now he had several monsters, dragons and hydras under his belt...
He knocked the attacker aside, and slashed him across the face before jumping backwards, calling out as more people approached him from the village, most bearing weapons, "Nah, nah! I nah no humie-lover! I gotta plan, yah! We takes over de humie castle, makes us kings, yah! Be easy! I knows de place!" He was babbling frantically, raising his single hand in a gesture of truce after tucking his knife away. A figure strode foward from the group after a moment's discussion, and Warghui recognized him quickly.
It was Asno Bemnosost, 'Werehowl', the village's bone-doctor and part-time wise-man.
He grinned as he neared, looking Warghui over before clasping his forearm in greeting as he spoke,
"Warghui! Been too long, yuh! I ne'er was believes 'em, when 'ey tellin' me you was a traitor! Nah! Anyways... Er, wha's 'is you sayin' 'bout a castle? Come on in, yuh."
Warghui and Asno, along with a few of the other villagers, retired to one of the huts with a large bottle of booze, and began planning in earnest. Much later, after a lot of drunken plotting, they emerged, and Asno adressed the village with a broad, charming (by goblin standards) smile, "Right, lissen up now frien's! We been livin' 'ere in this shit'ole far too long, I's sure ya would agrees!"
Murmurs of assent arose from the curious villagers, and Asno continued after a moment, gesturing to Warghui,
"'Is scarred warrior 'ere, well, mosta you's knowin' him, Warghui Kutsmobzon. Well, people was says 'e's a traitor, going o'er to the humans, but nah, he's been infiltratin' 'em! Ladies an' gennelmen, we is goin' ter gets us a kingdom!"
Asno was a natural leader, he had the crowd hanging on every word, and as he spoke the last sentence they burst into raucous cheers, readying their weapons eagerly. One amongst the crowd, a skeptical frown on their face, spoke up,
"'Ow we gon' ta do dat? Dem lotsa humies..." Asno grinned aside to Warghui, they had planned for this.
"Frien' Warghui 'ere, well ya maybe wouldn't know this, but 'e's slain dragons, hydras, alla dem mighty beasts. 'E'll lead us ter victory, sure enough, 'sides, 'e knows the way."
The rest of the goblins cheered again, droning out the protests of the single doubter.
After a quick celebration (and the sleeping off of the terrible hangover that inevitably results from goblin celebrations), they set off, Warghui at the lead with an escatic grin on his face.

His plan was working! He was going to kill the human Lord, and make himself king! He had a crown in his backpack for just this purpose!
His plan was finally working!

...For now...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:33:33 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 18, 2010, 11:06:32 pm »

Write a story while you play? That's a fantastic idea! And post the whole thing verbatim, every paragraph spilling out of your head, that's fantastic! Brevity can't possibly be the soul of wit when eye-reeling walls of spamloaded text must assuredly be witty!

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 19, 2010, 12:38:59 am »

14th of Malachite/420/Opuxah/The Eternal Dimension
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 12:52:43 am by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Eurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 19, 2010, 12:58:34 am »

My human outsiders first fight, and first quest, against the leader. She jumped away from my first attack, so I grabbed some sand in case she did it again. She jumped away from the second attack, well you can see how well it worked out for her.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's night because I got drowsy after looting them, and decided sleeping right in their camp was a good idea. The leader saw me immediately after I woke up.

I kind of imagine my character picking up some sand to throw in her eyes and catch her off guard, I'm guessing she was just as surprised as the leader would be (if she hadn't lost all brain function instantly). Especially since I had just thrown 25 bolts at a spearman and missed every single one just the day before.

Not that uncommon from posts I've seen, but still something you want to share when it happens!

Killing Time

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 19, 2010, 04:29:46 am »

I went to dump some loot at my house and found a horde of animals waiting for me. Six cheetahs, five lions, multiple groups of warthogs and monkeys. All on the lair site. More warthogs and some chimps showed up later along with some elephants.
I've never seen so many animals in one place except in a dwarf fort. I think they showed up because I have a lot of troops with me who, of course, immediately scatter in all directions chasing down the animals. I'll probably end up losing half the idiots.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 19, 2010, 07:04:07 am »

I went to dump some loot at my house and found a horde of animals waiting for me. Six cheetahs, five lions, multiple groups of warthogs and monkeys. All on the lair site. More warthogs and some chimps showed up later along with some elephants.
I've never seen so many animals in one place except in a dwarf fort. I think they showed up because I have a lot of troops with me who, of course, immediately scatter in all directions chasing down the animals. I'll probably end up losing half the idiots.
Usually happens to a bandit camp/ demon lair when the owner has been "evicted". They all realize that the Wicked Witch is gone so they dance on their "graves".

If your planning to use the site then it's usually better to scare them off like an elder chasing kids of their lawn rather than kill them cuz' the area keeps track of the stuff within it's perimeter, so the same goes with corpses. (Don't want the FPS to drop now do we?)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 19, 2010, 07:28:12 am »

lost 4 of my men to a cave dragon.
after dropping off the second person for the lair.
what sucks is that now I'm down to quazo and two knights.
man I need better security.

the burial of the fallen men, and women will be a reminder that one should always have up to 30 men before settling in.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 19, 2010, 09:39:09 am »

Write a story while you play? That's a fantastic idea! And post the whole thing verbatim, every paragraph spilling out of your head, that's fantastic! Brevity can't possibly be the soul of wit when eye-reeling walls of spamloaded text must assuredly be witty!

So many walls of spamloaded text it takes about 1 second to scroll through if you don't want to read it ::)

Besides, wit has never been my strong point, I need something to make up for it  ;)

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:52 am »

Amazing... I slayed a cougar, sneaked into a dragon's lair and stole a bunch of gold coins, killed many a wolf...then managed to get both my feet bitten off by a deer. I crawled back to the nearest town and retired.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 19, 2010, 10:19:20 am »

Whilst taking part in the Loincloth Challenge, my adventurer discovered a cursed castle practically sharing the world tile with a sleepy little town. The inhabitants attacked him, he went back to the town (like a dozen steps from the gate), and they loved him!

He then went back to the castle to claim his prize, and after clearing out a few more wrestlers, slept. In the morning the bodies of the slain were gone, and in their place were 35 new wrestlers!

EDIT: and apparently if I try to launch attacks without being near anybody, sometimes I can attack demons and things. I gut off the head of a zombie deep one from the top of a tower (its existence was blocking the stairway. It was not on the stairway).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:01:25 am by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 19, 2010, 10:49:09 am »

Well I left with my three companions for a place to call our home.
Found a nice house I can travel in and out of and asked the first person here about the night stay.
the lady consort seem to be pleased to allow us to stay over, more so that she wanted to join us.

I just check and notice all my men got killed during the cave dragon attack. the three following Kogan are
em , ~+Nithpa , and quazo.
so yeah hopefully this place is safe to sleep in and re-build my army.

a self-remember lairs good for Items,
small hovels good for companions.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

VonCede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 19, 2010, 12:12:11 pm »

Goblin leader ambushed me and my 3 merry men when I was jogging back to town to sell the loot in hopes to buy some Gauntlets. To avoid any nasty accidents, you know. Leader that was a Goblin Recruit. With a silver carving knife.

He managed to get one shot in, on my right hand, damaging the nerves.

It's funny to be a axeman when you have "Ability to grasp somewhat impaired" on your weaponhand.

... at least my shield has now 7 kills, I'm hoping to get Her a name. And I got those gauntlets.
Have you tried Wiki or google it?

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 19, 2010, 02:50:48 pm »

Me and my two peasant friends took down a bandit camp the only wound i have is in my leg and thumb but they will heal i bet, i found a dragonscale  robe , finely crafted with art on it
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 1104