Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099590 times)

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1110 on: November 18, 2010, 01:02:47 am »

You punch The Wolf in the upper body with your right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the left true rib through the right lung and tearing the right lung!
The Wolf is having trouble breathing!

That's some feat. What did he do, dislodge and bounce the rib of the back of the chest cavity? It's like a trick shot in billiards.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 18, 2010, 01:43:09 am »

fastest kill of a warlord I have ever done
while walking towards him I decided to hurl a bronze pick I found in the night creatures cave at him. The warlord took the pick to the face, it shattered his skull and tore apart his brain and he dropped dead before me.[/spoiler]

Yeah, picks do that. Only things that puncture giant's skulls.
If you look at the magma wiki, http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Weapon
It's an Edge, but instead of ~ 40000 contact area, it's at a meager 100. Combine that with a penetration rating of 4000, and here's the doozy,    2.0x velocity, and you have the stabbing end of a sword or spear with a retarded amount of force behind it. My first hero I save-fagged, wound up fighting 6 giants right off the bat, (savefagged because I had somehow started with superhuman strength, agility, speed, endurance, toughness, spatial sense, kinesthetic sense, high willpower, high focus, above average everything else, (except analytical ability and social awareness, which were below-average)). Found I would wail away with every other weapon, perhaps even shatter the skull, but never pierce it, and 5 of the six bled to death.
I found a pick before the sixth, and the next time I had a giant on the ground one swing and she was finished.

I am glad I found another one in that case, it'll come in handy but I would like a silver pick better  :P
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1112 on: November 18, 2010, 01:47:56 am »

@sylverone
It cracks and pivots at the crack, moves to the right, and laterally punctures the lung. If it punctured the left lung, it cracked and pivoted on the end, and the broken end punctures it by moving into the core of the wolf. That or some other crazy crack near the end of the rib.
I am glad I found another one in that case, it'll come in handy but I would like a silver pick better  :P
Actually, as an edged weapon, silver is the worst metal type. For edged, it goes silver, copper, bronze, iron, steel, adamantite.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53571.0
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:49:51 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 18, 2010, 01:59:36 am »

@sylverone
It cracks and pivots at the crack, moves to the right, and laterally punctures the lung. If it punctured the left lung, it cracked and pivoted on the end, and the broken end punctures it by moving into the core of the wolf. That or some other crazy crack near the end of the rib.
Actually, as an edged weapon, silver is the worst metal type. For edged, it goes silver, copper, bronze, iron, steel, adamantite.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53571.0

interesting, thanks for the tip, I'm glad for the bronze then!

Milk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 18, 2010, 04:15:49 am »

Adventurer mode sure is giving me a few good chuckles and even more 'what the...' moments..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 18, 2010, 05:50:13 am »

Adventurer mode sure is giving me a few good chuckles and even more 'what the...' moments..

LOL. That imagery...Instant classic.

TheChosen

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: November 18, 2010, 06:32:14 am »

Yesterday I smashed woes away and learned that there's a targeting system. Emptied couple of houses by biting people's throats open when they're sleeping and then letting them bleed to death.
TheChosen cancels Mega-project: Too sane

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 18, 2010, 06:37:02 am »

I've been running around clawing peoples throats open. Turns out Adamantium claws and fangs work (un)surprisingly well.
*Hugs*

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 18, 2010, 09:47:24 am »

I have just defeated a shadow spouse, and when looting the lair, a hydra came to look what's up. We killed it only with two other dwarves - a spearman's head was cleanly bitten off, the hamerdwarf got both arms torn off, but he kept on kicking and biting, diverging hydra's attention long enough for me to impale her heart, spleen and liver with an iron spear. After that, the hydra seemed to lose ability to hurt anyone. What was most disgusting - a diamond quern in the corner, with human bone meal all around. Disgusting. Curiously, when I came back to a fortress to recruit, with only the surviving, mutilated hammerdwarf, new recruits swarmed under my flag with enthusiasm. Strange folk inhabits these lands, I tell you.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 18, 2010, 10:44:37 am »

I got gored in the head by a bogeyman's horn and died :D
I can never find any companions in anything but a human fortress  :'(

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 18, 2010, 11:24:53 am »

What fun!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 18, 2010, 11:43:10 am »

not much adventuring than digging out rooms and stairwells for the group.
found the hex code for glowing floors and barriers.
in non Kogen news I learn that digging a small hole and staying in it at night prevents bogeymen.
doing so was one of the many ways I survive those horrible nights.
sadly sleeping in said hole will spawn you some where miles away.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 18, 2010, 11:44:32 am »

Genned a default world and hit Play Now! First person I spoke to asked me to kill a night troll. Okay, that's a walk away, so I better get some training in. I snuck down the road until I found a chimp. Grabbed him, throttled him, dropped the spammy load of knapped rocks I was hauling so I could view the other attacks. Tried a bite and went back to wrestling. You can wrestle with a tooth now! Bit him and shook him until he bled to death. Okay, now I'm ready for a night troll, I thought.

A little bit further the lair came into view as darkness crept in. I bet I won't need permission to sleep there when I'm done. A cackling surrounded me. That must be my target, I thought. Four boogeymen jumped me from behind. This'll be tricky, I thought, but I'll just try out my new moves.

The first one jumped away, the rest dogpiled me. I imagine I got eaten by them.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 18, 2010, 12:03:07 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg1728778#msg1728778

951 / 26th of Malachite  / Nitom Kindor / "The Planets of Dawn"

Juraz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 18, 2010, 12:40:06 pm »

...So yeah, that happened.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 1104