Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099649 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1095 on: November 17, 2010, 07:55:01 pm »

My first adventurer since 40d and two fellow soldiers just killed a narrow monster child (I scored the kill). I actually like adventure mode now.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 17, 2010, 08:01:07 pm »

Figured I should tell events in a more storylike fashion like Yoink and others, but don't have much experience at this so constructive critisim appreciated :)

"Hello good sir, I am here to discuss serving your cause"
"Why I am flatted sir, but I have no need of your services"
All took all of Thola's strength not to groan but he could not hide the disappointment on his weathered face. This was around the 6th hamlet in a row who had been untroubled, though it felt like the six hundredth. Thola often got the impression that he had arrived late to the adventuring world in the Kingdom of Balancing as the troubles of a year ago had mostly been wiped out. Lords and ladys in the castles did not consider him skilled enough to take on the mightier foes of the land, but there was a noticeable lack of lesser creatures with which to prove his might.

This is not to say that Thola was an inexperienced adventurer; indeed he was respected by many of the smaller factions within the Kingdom of Balancing for his earlier deeds, which mostly consisted of bandit killing. His best moment was arguably the striking down of Bosa Hatredanguished the goblin who tried to ambush his party; a goblin so hated by the Kingdom of Balancing that her image was engraved on the back of all silver coins in the kingdom as both a warning to traders and a target to adventurers such as himself. His exploits had earned him the title of "the Flayed Visionary of Teeth". When he was first called the name he couldn't work out if he was being insulted or not and was nontheless slightly offended at the stupidity of the title. Now he chuckled upon hearing the name as he remembered that the pesants of this region had an penchant for silly titles, the last great hero to come from the Kingdom becoming known as Erthok Chainedmuscles the Canyons of Rushing.

He remembered Erthok, a great local hero who worked his way up from no reputation to become famous enough to make even the spoiled lords sit up and take notice. He recieved a quest from the local lord, a position many would-be adventurers perish before reaching. However, Erthok was tragically unable to complete his first quest for the lords, he and his party cut down at night by goblin ambushers from the Yor of Menacing for no reason other than that they would have been unable to best them in daylight on equal terms. It was this which inspired Thola and many others in the kingdom to rise up and adventure to take back the lands from these cowardly maggots called bandits. He had been more successful than others such as Zega Loveland who died early on in their prime, which only fueled his rage further. Thola had worshipped Erthok as an inspiration and a great monster killer, now he cursed his name for not leaving any more behind for him.

His companions were getting restless too, as money was fast running out for food, water, and accomodation to rest at nights. Thola began to regret spending the majority of the money gained from selling the loot on that two handed bronze sword, though he couldn't help but admire its beauty, decorated with spikes of hardened ash and some green gems that he did not know the name of. Still if lack of opportunities continued he would have to sell the sword to make ends meet.

"Right this is gettin' rediculous" he complained to his five other followers in a gruff, deep voice which would not sound out of place in the dwarven mountainhomes themselves. Everyone decided it was time to leave the Kingdom of Balancing to seek new areas for glory. The remaining money was used to buy a couple of wagons and horses and enough food seemingly to last a journey to the world and back. Unfortunantly Thola and his party had forgotten just how big the world was. Months past without seeing a single thing besides them, cougars and wolves, which were delt with swiftly. Occasionally Thola would pass by heavily forested areas with great trees which almost gave the impression of being alive. Thola knew of these being the great forest retreats of the elves but intensive searches turned up nothing alive or dead. This worried Thola, he had heard the rumours of the elves and dwarfs mysteriously disapearing from the world but had dismissed it as the drunk ramblings of people in the tavern. However they seemed very much to be true and whatever had made them vanish in this area could still be there if they were unlucky, this thought seemed to eat further away at his sanity.

Another problem the months without contact from other sentinent creatures led rise to another problem. When a band of kobolds attacked the party they had almost forgotten how to defend themselves from ambushes. A pikeman and a Axeman from Thola's party were brutally dispatched by the kobolds and one swordsman slashed Thola in the ankle, severing a motor nerve and crippling him whilst others closed in. Many attacks on his vital organs were deflected by the bronze breastplate and iron helm he had taken of dead bandits in his battles but all this seemed to guarantee him was a more painful death as they slowly cut open his extremities. Then out of nowhere two kobolds screamed in pain and Thola looked to see two of his party members attacking the kobolds with a bolt going straight through the third's skull before he had even the time to scream signalling the crossbowman's survival. Thola was helped up and placed on to the wagon but the situation still looked increadibly grave with Thola having what many doctors would describe as mortal wounds. Amazingly after a week or so Thola's wounds healed completely at the cost of being so heavily scarred it was near impossible to tell which way his face was when you first met him. Still that did not dim Thola mood at surviving and he openly praised his god Emmun the Cheerful Saviour for his mercy. The party looked upon this as a great omen to signal their return to civilisation and rise to heroes of this new land and continued on with increased vigour. Thola himself fashioned a crutch from some nearby trees and over time learned to use his sword and shield just as effectively as before his injury.

However fate was not to be so kind. Another wolf attack was quickly put down with Thola himself killing one whilst moving on his crutches. However Thola couldn't help but feel that something was wrong. He quickly looked around and saw that his hammerman was missing! It was then that he and his party heard splashing and screaming for help. It appeared that a wolf had knocked his hammerman into the water of a nearby lake whilst fighting; his hammerman had never been able to swim but it had never been considered an issue as they weren't fighting bandits over water. Thola remembered this bitter irony as he and his companions attempted to help the hammerman but he was to far away and Thola could only watch in horror as he drowned. Thola broke down and thought about ending it right there but his remaining two members restrained him and convinced him not to by reminding him how history would remember him if he were to do so. Thola agreed but did not even attempt to hide his melancholy mood as there was no point, the other people knew and shared this mood and they continued in silence.

Thola thought it could not get any worse than it was at the moment but he was wrong again. One night a sudden weight came crashing into the wagon knocking it over and tossing Thola's crutch far from his grasp. He looked up stunned to see two hideous creatures of the night announcing their presence and listing off the people they had killed. They were quickly upon the crossbowman and spearman killing them before they had a chance to defend themselves. Upon noticing Thola inability to stand up they let out an evil cackle and encircled him, clearly intending to torture him before his death. Thola was helpless but seeing his friends killed so quickly was overcome with rage and finally pride. He knew he was going down but vainly swung his bronze sword in the hope of getting a lucky strike. Such luck was not forthcoming and the night creatures continued to scratch and kick Thola instead of killing him there until mericfully they had enough and gored him in the head, killing him instantly.

Such ended the tragic life of Thola Dashlighting the Flayed Visionary of Teeth, whose mutilated and decomposing body was found later next to the other two dead party members by two other adventures investigating the vanishing of the elves nearby. The bodies of the other party members were not found and their deaths are only known about from the reading of Thola's diary.

OOC: Wow that was a lot longer than I expected! Hope it was worth the read. I think the reason why I never found anyone is because I took a wrong turn on the map and went through two elven kingdoms which of course have no towns. I was wondering, if I edited the raws so that the elves and dwarfs have their own towns like some have, would they be able to give me quests, as their must have be a fair amount of lairs/caves through the areas I passed, or do only humans give quests to adventurers?

Kinda anticlimactic but good anyways. And a simple change in the Raws will make other Civs spawn like Humans, and give quests, sell crap, etc like Humans.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1097 on: November 17, 2010, 08:20:34 pm »

If you combine the archery and ambush skill, then you are literally a force of nature. I played as a human outsider and outed an entire  camp of bandits because the first one i could get alone with and kill was a crossbow user, with the very arrow i got shot with.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 17, 2010, 08:46:05 pm »

A ringleader's lackey swordsman just slapped me in the head with the blunt of her sword and forced my brain out my skull.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 17, 2010, 09:04:59 pm »

Cannabust, I liked the way you wrote your adventures from your companion's point of view! :)
And Killran, that was great! I liked how you included your past adventurers and how they inspired the new generation. :P

Also, you can change the raws for races other than humans, so they prefer building towns and cities etc.
Of course, those aren't as cool as dark fortresses, mountain halls and... (Well, they are cooler than elf tree houses) but it's better than nothing! Although shops and stuff don't really seem to work unless you change things further... Warghui's village for example, it had shops, but they didn't sell anything. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 17, 2010, 09:20:23 pm »

My first adventurer since 40d and two fellow soldiers just killed a narrow monster child (I scored the kill). I actually like adventure mode now.

The narrow monster and its consort were also around. I killed the consort, and my hammerman swordsman companion bested the beast itself. In the action, I didn't notice the narrow monster had a boning knife, and now we call the hammerman Lefty.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:23:32 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Thnikkafan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 17, 2010, 09:37:47 pm »

I managed to kill a night troll's wife (or something like that) by ripping its head off with my teeth.

It was awesome.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 17, 2010, 09:40:16 pm »

After killing three gangs, I recruited a peasant and a Lord's consort. His wife is busy doing something important, and I guess he decided to buy crafts. Let's rock.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 17, 2010, 09:44:38 pm »

Just killed a demon...wife...shadow...consort...thingy.

Was in stealth/ambush mode when I entered her burrow as she was cooking dinner & she announced my soon to be unliving status by her hands even though she couldn't see me at all. I sneaked up right next to her & she was surprised to see a spear suddenly get stuck in her lung, still not seeing where it came from. Only when I hacked her left hand off with my trusty copper dagger did she realized I was there & it pretty much became a curb stomp battle as she finally was cleaved in half after a few rounds.

Her remains now stuffed inside a barrel I made w/c is also filled with her own blood inside her own burrow (a.k.a. New base camp number 1) as a trophy.

[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 17, 2010, 09:49:11 pm »

How do i make a barrel? Noob question xD

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 17, 2010, 11:34:19 pm »

How do i make a barrel? Noob question xD
Oh, sorry...not yet officially implemented. I just added some MODs to the reaction files. The Modding threads has more info & juicy stuff to make Adventure mode extra !FUN!
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1106 on: November 17, 2010, 11:44:39 pm »

How's this for a New world in 31.18:
Ushul Gomath
"The Realm of Legends"

Damn that's a tight name.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 17, 2010, 11:50:39 pm »

My elf savage just took down her first (as well as mine) Titan. She lost all of her companions in the fight (including this one she was particularly fond of) and it took 2 days but finally she wore the titan down and beheaded him. It was a moment of triumph.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 18, 2010, 12:00:52 am »

Warghui grinned to himself, tucking his dagger away for a moment to wipe blood from his hair with his single hand as he surveyed the carnage. His plan was working...

He had led the remainders of his human band far and wide across the lands, waving away their puzzlement and saying something like, "Aw, we's scouts dis place, yah, fer Papos." If they couldn't see any reason Lord Papos Rulakel would be interested in forests and mountains miles away from his kingdom, they kept silent.
Eventually, Warghui led them up a steep rocky slope, following a small stream through the mountains. They grew worried... The goblin remained silent, merely picking a path ahead and keeping to himself, his expression slightly troubled. In truth he was wondering if he would ever get a chance to escape from the humans, and put his plan into action... Warghui grew afraid, despite a few attacks by bears and hoary marmots, the humans were keeping close to him like "Troll shit onna shoes", as he would put it.
Eventually, though, during a stop after several days travel through the rough terrain, they were woken by harsh shouts and warcries, a goblin raiding party was upon them!
Warghui jumped up, ready to shout to them that he was on their side, but he stopped himself. These goblins were from a rival tribe, enemies of his own, so he instead plucked his dagger from his belt and hastily rubbed sleep from his red eyes with the back of his hand.
A fierce battle was joined, with the goblin bandits cutting down most of the humans swiftly, leaving only a few of Warghui's oldest companions from Foldedbalanced.
Warghui himself danced between the puzzled attackers, striking at the enemy goblins with almost unnerring accuracy, killing a lot of them before they even realised he wasn't one of theirs.

And now we come to the present, with eerie silence descending on the mountain pass, broken only by groans of a few grieviously wounded humans.
Warghui looks over the scattered corpses, seeing little loot of value, then steps towards a silver scimitar still held by a bloody hand, attatched to the gruesome corpse of one of the rival goblins...
He just stoops to pick it up when the silent is shattered by a sudden shout.
"I am Dostngosp Malignedgutter!" Came a cry, a large female goblin bounding down from the rocky cliffs, a bow gripped tightly in her fist as she glared at Warghui angrily from across a mountain brook.
"I is knows you, Warghui Kutsmobzon!" Warghui was startled, and squinted his eyes as he peered at her... Then sudden realization hit him, and he grimaced. She had lived in his village when he was young, before...
"We was s'pose' to be marries, Warghui! But I no pretty enough fer you, hey? You was ruttin' wif dat other gobbo, whiles we was even engaged!" The female goblin scowled, and Warghui shouted a protest, looking rather mortified as the battered, blood-smeared remainders of his human army watched in utter confusion.
"Nah, nah!" Warghui shouted, "I is liked ya too, yah! I woulda ruts wif you, too, once we was married!"
But this just seemed to make her angrier, and she strung an arrow and fired, an arrow hitting Warghui in the leg.
'Women!' He thought silently as he dived to one side with a scowl, 'So emotional! So I slept with someone else, while we were going to be married... So?! Would've been happy to do her, too, but instead she goes and becomes a bandit and starts killing people...'
He hit the ground, rolled, ducked behind one of his soldiers who still stood, using them as cover briefly as he readied himself, then broke into a sprint, heading towards the small stream, his face set in a silent snarl as he raised his dagger, jinking side to side as he ran...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:16:14 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 18, 2010, 12:28:23 am »

Cannabust, I liked the way you wrote your adventures from your companion's point of view! :)

Thanks Yoink! I enjoy the adventures of Warghui as well, but I really like all the stories here. I just started a new map to work with 31.18 and here is the beginning of the new characters.

951 / 24th of Malachite  / Nitom Kindor / "The Planets of Dawn"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:31:36 am by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 1104