Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099637 times)

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1065 on: November 17, 2010, 03:38:13 am »

I am enjoying Warghui's story immensely - keep it up! :D

The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1066 on: November 17, 2010, 04:43:42 am »

fastest kill of a warlord I have ever done
while walking towards him I decided to hurl a bronze pick I found in the night creatures cave at him. The warlord took the pick to the face, it shattered his skull and tore apart his brain and he dropped dead before me.[/spoiler]

Yeah, picks do that. Only things that puncture giant's skulls.
If you look at the magma wiki, http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Weapon
It's an Edge, but instead of ~ 40000 contact area, it's at a meager 100. Combine that with a penetration rating of 4000, and here's the doozy,    2.0x velocity, and you have the stabbing end of a sword or spear with a retarded amount of force behind it. My first hero I save-fagged, wound up fighting 6 giants right off the bat, (savefagged because I had somehow started with superhuman strength, agility, speed, endurance, toughness, spatial sense, kinesthetic sense, high willpower, high focus, above average everything else, (except analytical ability and social awareness, which were below-average)). Found I would wail away with every other weapon, perhaps even shatter the skull, but never pierce it, and 5 of the six bled to death.
I found a pick before the sixth, and the next time I had a giant on the ground one swing and she was finished.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: November 17, 2010, 04:49:42 am »

Thanks Strongrudder! Looking foward to seeing more of Perom! :)

In case anyone was wondering...

Edit: Argh, can't get it to work...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stupid photobucket. Oh well, I'll just type what it says:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Most of that was there when I drew him in the other thread... Except for the fatness, that came from eating too much uncooked dragon meat(More on that next update! ;) ) and a couple of scars... The massive jagged scar and missing arm was there, that's from the dragon. :P The rest are from arrows etcetera.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 04:59:30 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 17, 2010, 04:54:05 am »

I was attacking a bandit camp with two companions. Right when we finish fast-traveling, my swordsman thinks some nearby groundhogs would be a fun thing to kill, and goes running off in the opposite direction. We were under considerable crossbow fire, so we had to attack the bandits and finish the job first. But by the time we were done, the swordsman was nowhere to be found.

This has to be the most BS way to lose a follower ever. I had a mental image of a demented swordsman finally losing touch with reality and wandering off into the forest, the madness of his laughter only rivaled by the demonic cackling soon to surround him.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 17, 2010, 05:03:21 am »

I am enjoying Warghui's story immensely - keep it up! :D

I too am also enjoying reading about Warghui's adventures, Yoink. They're really quite good.

alexgoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 17, 2010, 06:21:34 am »

I just started a new adventure and headed straight off into the wilds, a lone peasant axeman. As night fell I was surrounded by cackling and set upon five bogeymen. I held my own fairly well to begin with, a lucky strike causing one to bleed to death but was struggling to land my strikes. As the fight wore on the kept landing their hits, which thankfully mostly just caused bruising, albeit all over my body; while rolling away from all my attacks.

I kept moving away from them, to try and ensure I was only facing one at any time, but eventually the got the better of me and had me on three sides. I thought it would soon be over... only to be rescued! A leopard arrived and took on two of the bogeymen, it was losing badly and was quickly very badly injured. But his help freed me up to take on the other one on his own, he was soon dispatched (The long fight increased my fighting skill from novice to adept), and I rushed to help the leopard. He was still fighting bravely and between us we took down another bogeyman. We attacked the final one from both sides, the leopard shook him in around in his mouth, I got my axe stuck and repeatedly smashed it round the head with my shield until his head caved it.

VICTORY!!! :D

Sadly, after the last one was dispatched, I realised the leopard wasn't fighting to help me... but eat me. I tried to reason with it to no avail, it came at me. The crippled beast was however no match for me and was ended swiftly. It would have been beautiful if our mutual struggle had instilled some sense of friendship into it and we had travelled onwards together, sadly though, it didn't... and he was delicious!!

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 17, 2010, 06:24:23 am »

It would have been beautiful if our mutual struggle had instilled some sense of friendship into it and we had travelled onwards together

Truly, I think if something like this gets implemented into DF at some point it would be amazing.

alexgoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 17, 2010, 06:42:44 am »

It would have been beautiful if our mutual struggle had instilled some sense of friendship into it and we had travelled onwards together

Truly, I think if something like this gets implemented into DF at some point it would be amazing.
He may have even been able to help out when I stumbled across a gang a few hours later the first guy came at me before I'd had a chance to strike he took my arm clean off!! First time, must have been a pretty lucky one to as I don't think he got another strike in. Went on to win against him and a crossbowman, thankfully the third was the other side of the river or I may have struggled.

alexgoss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 17, 2010, 06:55:20 am »

Also, perhaps it could be the first step to becoming a dungeon master!! :D

That, and buying your first cloak... :p

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: November 17, 2010, 07:29:42 am »

So...I recently booted up adventure mode (I usually play Fortress Mode instead), and I've been captivated since then. I'm adventuring with a human by the name of Posek Flickerflames and he's quite something I'd have to say. He possessed innate superior recuperation abilities and nothing else aside from a few combat skills I gave him (seeing how he was born into a village currently experiencing war from a colossal traitorous event). Anywho...

One day when touring the terrain with his merry-squad of warriors, he'd lost track of time and before long it was dark and out came the boogeymen... Ravenous creatures they were as they cackled violently at the confused faces of both the squad and my own. He quickly raced toward the hills, not knowing which direction to go as He scoured the area for safe haven. Had he looked back, he would've seen the slower of his men were dropping one-by-one. A warrior yes, but a coward, definitely, he'd thought as he leapt into a small yet deep hole in the ground. He could hear the cries of his men, the blood-curling shrieks and awkward screams of help coming from the most masculine warriors he's ever met... But there he stood, clinging to the walls (At this point, I'm using the sneak ability) for dear life in desperate prayer that whatever they were, would go away. Their insistent cackles did not disappear till morning. Morning came, he was all alone.

Many weeks have passed since that event and Posek is feeling quite good after acquiring the title of hero (in which he didn't deserve honestly). Feeling optimistic and quite full of himself, he takes up the opportunity to run a few errands for "The Lady". Some bowmen joined him on the way to his destination. A few moments after arriving, a band of grotesquely disfigured bandits surrounded them. The bowmen were quick but the bandits were quite skilled seeing how they twist and pulled up their weapons to deflect a portion of the arrows before a few lucky shots penetrating their vital organs. Minutes later, assuming the "boss" heard all the commotion rushed out and immediately charged for Posek. He braced himself but wasn't quick enough as his arm gets slashed. The battle began, and it was as though they were evenly matched, blow for blow. Thanks to the skilled archers at his disposal, he managed to pin the boss' foot to the ground with a lucky arrow which he then took the opportunity to deliver several strong stabs at the boss' torso. The battle was over...however..not before a dagger drove into the lower portion of his calves. He walked away from that battle limping and with two scars on his lower right leg..but victorious none-the-less.

Finally, on the way home, they had to set up camp for the night fearing the boogeymen had they continued to traveled. Unfortunately, a titan nearby sensed their presence and decided to pay them a visit. It charges at one the bowmen, immediately slapping them across the field in one quick motion. They went flying and out of sight. The strange thing was... his arm immediately disintegrated into a pile of dusk. I was stunned as hell to say the least, I was almost sure I was going to die...but then I checked his description and noticed that he was a "desert titan". I wanted to confirm my suspicions and sure enough as I ordered Posek to attack, they would be confirmed. With each punch, kick, or even slight tap, if carefully coordinated so that he couldn't attack first, would cause one of his limbs to fall off. So there Posek was, driving fist after fist into the limbs of the creature before jamming into it's torso and there it went, gone, a pile a sand. Posek was victorious once again, this time, by sheer luck.

Ah... Only in Dwarf Fortress fellas, only in Dwarf Fortress.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 17, 2010, 07:52:32 am »

Well, since itd be hard to explain any other way, i had an argument with my companion, Amanda...

Amanda punches you in the right upper arm, bruising the muscle!
You grab Amanda by the throat with your left hand!
You adjust the grip of Your left hand on Amanda's throat.
You lash Amanda in the left lower leg with your silver whip, bruising the muscle!
Amanda misses You!
You place a chokehold on Amanda's throat with Your left hand!
You lash Amanda in the left lower leg with your silver whip, bruising the muscle!
You lash Amanda in the left lower leg with your silver whip, chipping the bone!
Amanda falls over.
Amanda struggles in vain against the grip of Your left hand on Amanda's throat.
You strangle Amanda's throat!
Amanda passes out.
You release the choke hold of Your left hand on Amanda's throat.
You release the grip of Your left hand on Amanda's throat.
You grab Amanda by the head with your left hand!
You gouge Amanda's left eye with Your left hand, tearing it apart!
You gouge Amanda's right eye with Your left hand, tearing it apart!
You release the grip of Your left hand from Amanda's head.
Amanda regains consciousness.
Amanda gives in to pain.
Amanda has bled to death.

I didnt mean for it to end this way :'(
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 17, 2010, 08:09:18 am »

Warghui stretched out on the ground, getting as comfortable as he could in the bloody, vomit-smeared snow around the lair. He wasn't concerned by his surroundings, though, his mind was elsewhere as he looked up at the dim sun.
He had slain One Silveryglow. He had slain many mighty beasts, several hydras, a giant earthworm, and several dragons... Including the dragon, the foul dragon known as One Silveryglow, that had killed his friend Ago, just last year... It seemed so long ago now.
Most of the tales of might and power he'd told the gullible humans had been false, pure fiction, he knew. But now, after going face-to-face with the dragon, and himself ramming his blade through it's head as the wretched humans following him milled around uselessly, he began to believe his own hype!
"Har! After all I's done fer dese humans, surely I's be makin' da better king, yah..." He mumbled softly to himself, his hand tracing the scars around the stump of his right arm as he lay in the snow. "What's that you say, Warghui?" Said Astri Sipkatdeng, a crossbowman, looking up from where he lay nearby.
"Nuffin', yah! Jus' plannin' us'n's nex' move, yah, wha' we gonn' fights nex'!" Came Warghui's angry reply.
Astri looked unsure, so the goblin growled, "Sha' ups an' go ta sleep!" That did the trick, and Warghui settled his head back on the ground, taking up his train of though where he'd left off, thinking to himself this time.
'I'm no longer shamed before my village... I avenged Ago, I can return there now. I'll leave these humans, go back to the village and gather up the lads, then hack that damn Papos' head right off! He thinks I'm stupid, or something, and I'll just wander off on his endless little jobs, slaving away killing things for him until I die... Well he's got another thing coming. Can't wait to see his face, as I knife him... And then of course, I'll get my hands on that spearhuman... What was their name... Athel something. Maybe she didn't have green skin but, I'd like to...'

Warghui's thoughts drifted off along that path, and shortly in turn he drifted off to sleep amongst the battered, scarred remainders of his human army, his little goblin head full of plots, plans and schemes. And maniacal laughter, always the laughter...

(Edit: Also, great stories guys! I read all of 'em! The new adventure mode is great for stories!! :D )
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 08:11:18 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 17, 2010, 08:18:50 am »

after finding out about the updated tweak I rush over to my Bronze lair and started testing and expanding parts of the hole.
learn how to install a ramp and stairwell and added two rooms 5 zlevels under the original lair.
all this work made my Bodyswaped companion tired so I sleep in a sandy room for 8 hours.

I woke up as my original adventurer and rush over to the home so see that it's flooded.
Oh well looks like I'm adding rooms in the first floor now.
I need to learn how to Install a door using this.
Kogen "I should have known, Quazo ask the last owner about the foundation we moved in."
Quazo "But, sir you Kill him"
Kogen "Oh, then order the men to pump this out and figure out a way that to fix this."
"I don't want to rust in my PJ's"
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
The 4th of Timber, 550
« Reply #1078 on: November 17, 2010, 10:10:13 am »

I'm a male human maceman, and my name is Uhtral Alhoisun, and I was but a soldier in the Violetgrasping fortress in the Field of Playing, a tedious location, i was glad to see a dwarf adventurer come by, he held an axe and a shield and introduced himself as Mosus Moltentreaty, and that he came by to ask for my assistance. He wanted to kill an encampment to the north He said adventure will return with fame and we will live like kings from killing monsters and destroying rogue bands of dwarves and humans and goblins.  I must say his words got to me and we set off in the next instant.

When we left the fort he found a dead wolf and picked the body up, put it in his bag and walked along, I stood a couple feet away from him as we trecked. During the walk Mosus did not speak at all, enjoying the silence more than anything. We slept at a town where Mosus told me "We will save the speech for the after the grand battle!" which pumped me up again. I was ready to kill them all! When dawn came we started moving again,and were soon at the camp we discovered a scene of absolute gore as every was dead, we did not find who did this but I do know for a fact that Mosus took Awrthwar's partial skeleton. He assumed they were eaten by an undead and I wouldn't lie, what else could tear all the skin from the bones of two men and shread another to pieces. We head back to report the news to our fortress leaders.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 11:03:41 am by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 17, 2010, 10:12:24 am »

Tom Dentitch, The Blameless Head of Assembling awoke from his slumber.
It was 2 years since his last adventure and his sword arm was getting itchy. Luckily he had found his reciept and that whole stolen breastplate fiasco was dealt with, although he was not quite as admired by the townfolk as he had been back in the glory days.

It was time once again for glory, and to seek out new lands. He grabbed his trusty silver short-sword, assembled a small band of local peasants and headed out without a seconds hesitation.
The trip south was tough. A large mountain range stood in their way and the crossing was not without its perils.
For days they travelled in the crags and peaks of the mountains. By the time Tom had reached the other side he had one solitary wrestler as his companion. The rest being left behind, unable to keep pace with the mighty strides of the Blameless Head.

Pretty soon Tom and his companion arrived at a foreign human fortress. A quest to prove his worth, a night beast and a dragon too.
Assembling another band of adventurers he set off once again and turned the south lands red with the blood of his enemies. Encountering camps of bandits, goblin armies, hydras, hags and indescribable horrors.
No enemy could match Tom for his ferocity and skill in battle. All who challenged him were swiftly relieved of their heads.

He now heads East, towards Rockbowels, the fallen dwarven fortress. Perhaps there he can find a worthy advisary.

EDIT: DEAD
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:49:01 pm by GrizzleBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 1104