Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099522 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1050 on: November 16, 2010, 06:54:16 pm »

dodging is only useful if you have the agility (or kinesthetic sense, or whichever other attributes you can raise, I dunno) to go with it.
Personally, it's what is saving me in those damn Bogeymen fights.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Milk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 16, 2010, 07:39:32 pm »

Oh shi-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gasp-

Choke-

Struggle-

Croak-

Yeti's are awesome.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 16, 2010, 07:40:07 pm »

After being struck by the notorious bandit Captain/Crossbowman "Apuk CreekGlow" several times with bronze bolts, "Lord and Master Pibolapip", with her dying breath, let out the last three words of her short and eventful bandit hunting career,
".....Burn...
... In....
..Hell...."
After valiantly throwing her bronze halberd with the precision of a blind rat, it spun and struck Apuk in the throat, he immediately collapsed and began suffocating. Then... His body siezed up and went limp, proving his demise. Pibolapip also died, with the corpses of many, many humans, friend and foe surrounding them. Her consort that survived the massive kobold ambush on the way, only 3 humans plus her, a lasher, an axeman, and a swordsman. The lasher was struck in the heart by a flying bronze bolt, from the very same bandit that killed Pibolapip, and died. The last two living humans within miles of that camp brought her body to the human fortress "TangledMushroom", which was the fortress in which the human wrestler gave her the quest, also the human civilization's capital. An autopsy showed she had extreme blood loss, and a recent spinal cord injury made her lose her ability to stand. The slayer of 5 bandit captains, a blind troll, a night creature, and even hundreds of bogeymen, she will not be forgotten soon.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 16, 2010, 07:42:02 pm »

After slaying a named troll and jaguar, I got tasked to kill another named creature.
"Meh," I thought as I trudged to the location.
Ends up said creature is a giant desert scorpion who killed my previous adventurer. Cue getting strangled.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 16, 2010, 07:54:11 pm »

On the way back from killing a bandit, I stop by at a random Lair. Walk in, find a Cyclops. Oh shit. My Maceman started taking all the damage and we started hacking at it. All we could do was cut the fat, muscle, and break the skin, MAYBE shattering bones. Eventually, it passes out from blood loss, after killing the Maceman. So we all start attacking it's head, getting easy hits every time. It's skull was shattered over, and over, and over, AND over again. Finally, I just started hacking everything, cutting everything open so that it would either a) bleed out or b) wake up and be extremely weak. Luckily it bled out. I then looted it's lair. I wish I could find a shop.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 16, 2010, 08:16:59 pm »

My greatest adventurer finally fell.  Killed by a hammergoblin during an ambush.

She had a maximum of 21 followers.
She had 72 personal kills (not counting the hundreds if not thousands slain by the entire band)
She amassed a wealth of over 30000 dorfbux (before she stopped bothering looting stuff)
She slew at least 15 night creatures, as well as 2 dragons 4 titans and a hydra.
Her adventures lasted half a year DF time.
Her adventures lasted a week rl time. (she was my 4th adventurer since DF .31.17 came out)

She is a legendary hero to 1006 separate groups and civilizations.  Seriously that's 18 pages at 55 lines per page. (+ a few at the bottum)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 08:29:31 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 16, 2010, 09:52:12 pm »

Greiger that's sick i wished i survived that long xD

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 16, 2010, 10:04:26 pm »

Giki the Axeman killed his first night creature today, destroyed the beasts lower torso and sent it flying across the cave. When he returned to the Batheshower fort he recruited a couple humans and was instructed to kill a Swordsman Warlord by the name of Ata Dencothab. I reached the camp and was greeted by a shout of power, instructing me to prepare to die. What follows was the fastest kill of a warlord I have ever done
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Kishmond

• Bay Watcher
  • What the pfargtl?
    • View Profile
    • My DF Stories blog.
« Reply #1058 on: November 16, 2010, 10:50:45 pm »

I was ambushed by wolves the other day. The last one left alive charged me, and was knocked onto the ground by my shield block. Long story short, I bit into his throat and tore at it until he died of blood loss.

OH BITTER IRONY.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 16, 2010, 11:06:39 pm »

We descended into the Minotaur's labyrinth full of hope and vigor. The ambush of goblins had only claimed one of our party before we tore them to shreds. We were fully expecting the Minotaur to go down as easily as the Goblins and Night Creatures, and what all else we had sent into oblivion. Our leader had told us stories of when him and three men took down Sog the Cyclops, along with countless stories of fights with Goblins and Bandits. We thought with him we were invincible. We were wrong.

We followed Urist down the stairs into the labyrinth and things immediately started to go bad. A few of us were able to follow Urist, but the ones in the back soon got lost. We were a few minutes from the entrance when we heard the screams of our comrades as the Minotaur found them. We rushed to the entrance and found the beast. We fought, we fought hard. Urist, the greatest Dwarf I have ever known, was struck down without hardly touching the beast. When he fell, I fled, for if he could not defeat the creature, then no one in our party could. I know not what happened to the rest of my comrades. I'm sure the Minotaur got most of them, those that couldn't escape, but what I do know: Don't follow Heroes for Adventure. Nothing turns out the way you hope.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 16, 2010, 11:35:10 pm »

I decided to follow a river to its source, going to the terrifying Deviant Dunes to do so.  Gave a Giant Desert Scorpion a thrashing; one slash of my axe to remove its stinger, then I tore to to shreds.
Then I strayed too close to the river and was dragged in to my death by a carp.  Just when I thought that was a thing of the past....
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 16, 2010, 11:52:59 pm »

Giki was wounded in a battle with a band of lions on his escapade, his right arm was bleeding horribly but he managed to live and led his squad of five humans to an encampment of rogue humans known as the Sensitive Images. Instantly the group sensed dange and ran to the bottom of a foot hill to the south. A spearman was shot straight in the head by a bowman and his head ripped straight off in a disastrous display of gore but they carried on. Eventually reaching the warlord Egu Braveseizures. The axeman died next, his legs were slashed off and he was helpless as a wrestler began breaking every bone in his body. Another Spearman recieved a flail to the stomach, bursting his organs, he remained during the rest of the battle vomiting terrible liquids. The warlord set his eyes on Giki, who began helplessly attacking his enemy, none of his attacks doing any damage. For his work he recieved a sword to the back of his leg and Egu would piece all his limbs with his spear until finally he jammed it into his brain, tearing it and splattering blood everywhere. The Swordsman tried to run away after getting his left arm lobbed off, but a lasher made quick and messy work of him. And somewhere in the vast world, another adventurer named Mosus Goldroot is born.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:41:36 am by Cannabust »
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

AgentJR

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 17, 2010, 12:59:52 am »

'Few Legs' Edinpib Pujianthath just took down her second dragon, but had her leg bitten off in the process. Somehow she didn't bleed to death, and after sleeping for a day found a crutch in the very same lair. Talk about a stroke of luck.

Few Legs is now training up her crutch walking skill so she can continue slaying dragons.

I am concerned about a few things though. I'm only able to make her hold both shield and crutch at the same time due to what I assume is a bug ('r'emoving an item will place it in your hand, despite what you're already holding). If that bug gets fixed, she'll have nothing to block with!

I also wonder if missing a leg is detrimental to your skills at all.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 02:41:23 am by AgentJR »

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: November 17, 2010, 01:28:12 am »

I'm considering stealing some of these debriefings as ideas for stories!

also AgentJR, I think yours I could use! (I have a thing for amputees)
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: November 17, 2010, 02:59:32 am »

Once again Warghui Kutsmobzon Zuza Ustot, 'Warghui Menacecolours the Domain Of Pulleys' in english, swaggered back into Castle Gibzostra, or 'Foldedbalanced', smeared with blood and accompanied by the remainders of his ragged army, and once again Lord Papos could barely hide his displeasure as the goblin, uninjured apart from a few bruises, tucked his dagger away and produced a large, severed eyelid and tossed it to the floor before the human lord, watching Papos closely.
"Where's da rewardses, den?" Warghui demanded.
Papos thought fast, barely concealing a stammer as he spoke, "Ah, most noble Warghui, Oh great Domain Of Pulleys, will you not undertake one final quest for the kingdom?"
Warghui scowled his red eyes narrowing further as he reached for his dagger with his single arm, but Papos Rukakel hurriedly continued, "'Tis just a dragon, nothing more, a mere trifle for such as yourself."
Warghui's eyes widened slightly, and Papos smiled inwardly, he had obviously been correct in his assumption that the goblin had lied about slaying a dragon.
Warghui opened his mouth to protest, but the nearest of his human soldiers, having become quite fond of the goblin, (indeed, they had stopped bathing in honour of him) called out, clapping Warghui on the back,
"Ha! Nothing to us, eh, Warghui?" "Fiercer than any dragon, you are!" "Let's go!"
Warghui narrowed his eyes at the human lord angrily.
'This damn human is trying to trick me...' He thought to himself. 'He doesn't want to pay up my reward...'
Warghui also noticed that Papos had surrounded himself with guards.
Warghui straightened up, speaking quickly as he nodded, scratching idly at his right armpit,
"Agh, yah, I does it, human. Dragon ain't no scraes me, dey be weak, yah!"
His voice wobbled only slightly, but in truth he was terrified. He remembered the size... The flames... Ago's terrified screams, not to mention his own... And the teeth...
He shook his head to clear it, snapping back to the present.
The humans who were to accompany him were readying themselves, buckling on their armour and singing a rowdy song they'd invented about a one-armed goblin. The raunchy lyrics cheered Warghui up a little, and he even managed to join in in a snarling voice as they marched out of the castle.

Papos' eyes remained on him as he left.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 1104