Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099648 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1020 on: November 15, 2010, 11:48:52 pm »

Heh, Adventure mode sure is feeling more epic now ain't it? We're gonna' get more data on the underground stuff soon too.
How do you throw people at things? I have been using the "Wrestle -> throw" commands, but it seems to just do the same thing as takedown.
I think the biggest factors are just how strong & large you are (another probable factor is being above-average/large build for a dwarf/human/elf). Werewolves & Tigermen often times aren't even able to throw human sized target away as well.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1021 on: November 16, 2010, 12:07:41 am »

That's how you tell a story.
Long story short,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 12:21:59 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: November 16, 2010, 12:22:42 am »

After many night creatures and a whole lot of walking around drowsy, I go get sent to kill a dragon.

I end up having both my legs bitten off, and a random swordsman kill-steals me (even though the message was that it bled to death...).
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: November 16, 2010, 01:00:33 am »

ever since Quesa got "rescued" from the caverns, glitches have been piling up.
I have a bucket of blood I really shouldn't even touch, let alone try to empty, all my bogeymen kills are being attributed as Cougars, and I cant get Quesa to sleep in a fortress without sleepwalking outside 1/3 of the time.

Don't get me started about the "theft" bug. It is the only time I savescum.

Quesa may have to retire.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: November 16, 2010, 04:46:03 am »

Great Story, Grizzly!

Anyway, once again Warghui returned to the castle, and once again he returned with the corpse of the creature he was sent to kill, and a few less human companions. Those who remained were rapidly becoming hardened warriors, both saddened by the death of their friends, and gladdened by the good deeds they were doing.

The Papos Rulakel, Lord of Foldedbalanced castle, was deeply worried.
This goblin, this filthy creature, with one arm torn off leaving only a mass of scar tissue at the shoulder, had succeeded time and time again, proving himself to be a... Well, a great hero. That was a problem.
The Lord had intended, when Warghui was shown into his presence, to send the troublesome goblin off on a suicide mission, along with a few of his troops, letting an old problem; The night creature, and a new; The goblin, take care of each other. Sure, he might have lost a few good soldiers, but such were the sacrifices a lord must make.

Then the goblin had returned, successful, and Papos had given him another assigment.
Now that he had succeeded again, he posed a large problem for Papos' kingdom. He regretted promising Warghui whatever he wanted as a reward... He had not liked the way the goblin eyed his female subjects, least of all his wife. Also, Papos realised Warghui was becoming a hero in the eyes of his subjects... No matter that he was a filthy goblin, they showered him with gifts and called him their saviour.
Papos was shrewd, he knew he had to act now. A hero is hard to dispose of, and a goblin hero could turn against him if he failed to cough up a reward, and Papos saw that his people could just as easily side with either of them. 

The Lord adjusted his reef shark-leather turban on his head, his expression thoughtful as he watched the goblin, attemping to conceal his worry, "Warghui Kutsmobzon Zuzu Ustot," He said, referring to the goblin by the title his people had given him, "You have done us a great service, and we are eternally grateful." Warghui's sharp ears pricked up, and his red eyes gleamed as he listened, nodding slightly.
"However... We have one more thing to ask of you. Our kingdom will never know peace while Lepe Paintedglittered the cyclops lives. The foul, horrid monster lives in a cave to the southwest, and you are the only one brave and strong enough to slay him."
Warghui scowled at this; he wanted his reward, and he wanted it now!
But Papos' gamble had paid off, he had played on the goblin's pride, convincing him that, if he was such a great warrior anyway, what was fighting one more monster? He'd do this last thing for the weakling human, then get his reward. He let his gaze wander over the fine things in the hall, imaginging himself wearing fine silks and having the humans wait on him while he grew fat, and his gleaming eyes studied one of the Lord's female soldiers, one Atthem Ehilmeka, intently.
After an awkward moment, a small trail of drool escaping his mouth as he stared at the woman, Papos brought him back to the present.
"Well, O mighty greenskin?"
Warghui reluctantly tore his gaze away, acknowledging Papos' words with a grunt, spitting on the floor as he nodded.

The castle once again resounded with cheers, and the humans got blind drunk to celebrate.
Frustratingly, Warghui was informed that, as he was marching to battle the next day, it was best if he refrained from drinking. He consoled himself by kicking a few unconscious humans in the head after the feast.
The next morning, as the rest of the castle slept off their hangovers, he booted his little army awake and they set off.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: November 16, 2010, 05:11:08 am »

Sarvesh Likotkeskal, trying to reach the fabled bismuth pickaxe of Angelfortress, has come across a problem.
Bogeymen. Horrible little horned, black-scaled monsters.
The great elven forests stretch across the land bridge between the central and southern continents of the world. Miles and miles of nothing but forest. No shelter in sight.
Her first attempt to cross it left her with scars all over her legs and pride, as she had to run from the little buggers and find rfuge in a local keep on the edge of the forest.
But she's got a plan - if she stays off the coast, underwater, the bogeymen won't be able to find her. And it's not like she wasn't planning on swimming across the ocean to reach the northern continent in any case.
So she's taught herself to swim.

James Sunderland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: November 16, 2010, 06:40:31 am »

Em Swiftdragon the Cold Hero

4 hydras
2 dragons
2 desert titans

The battle before last, a one-on-one between a hydra, left me with a stub where my sword arm was...
I took a band of men (for safety!) to go kill a desert titan ankylosauroid. I wanted to find some elves to commit acts of genocide on but I just ended up wandering through the forests. After that was done I settled down in some po-dunk town out in the desert. You guys found elves though? Where are they?
Until I embarked on a map with an aquifer, I had always taken rocks for granite.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: November 16, 2010, 07:09:16 am »

I started my mega-project of cramming enough peasants, knights, and maybe if lucky royalty into a lair owned by a bronze colossus(my character). hopefully I can get at least +10 men in there before a new resident comes in and kicks us out.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: November 16, 2010, 07:39:31 am »

Kobolds ambushed me and my troops,loses were high and by high i mean from 15 to 7,still for 145r of silver it was a good trade.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: November 16, 2010, 10:58:06 am »

I went to a dwarf camp with my dwarf hero adventurer. I go to the boss, stand next to him, talk to him about the weather and so on, recruit all of his 19 followers (my 19 humans were killed in a HUGE goblin ambush, except for one, who went to hug an elephant). So, I start to walk away with my dwarfy recruits, and suddenly the boss introduces himself in a loud boxy red voice.

And then, all 19 of my recruits introduced themselves to me in the same manner and immediately started trying to cut/stab/bump/prick/throw sticks at me.
Let's see what happens!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: November 16, 2010, 11:17:38 am »

What i thought there were just human cities/camps

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: November 16, 2010, 11:32:02 am »

Well, I've officially ridded my world of threats.  Nothing seems to have happened, so... I guess it's time to rampage.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: November 16, 2010, 11:52:48 am »

What i thought there were just human cities/camps
Dwarven/goblin/elven bandits can make camps, too.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: November 16, 2010, 12:35:44 pm »

Nice i never figured out i'm lunatic (Maybe cause i play in ascii and rarely check out descriptions if it's notr monsters)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: November 16, 2010, 12:48:53 pm »

So I killed them all.

They had the standard dwarf icons when attacking me, but when I came back after having a nap, the corpses had the flashing @. Spoooky!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 1104